Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Squad

Hoops0320

1 hour ago, Hoops0320 said:

I have been playing squad recently and i was wondering if anyone would like to join me.

I played it 2016, inf-only - no Vehicle introduced. Same gameplay as PR with some minor differences. Shitty performance. I actually played with Karakut but i didn't knew that times who he was (Squad-Community etc.)

I tested it recently on the new pc, run's well and smooth. Keep pressing the F-key??, not sure yet, to get into a vehicle, turn engine on, get out. A Little bit ARMA feeling but better.

I heared many not so nice things about Squad like noone like to play medic because of whatever. Can you enlight me what's going on there?

Squad is in a pretty good state rn with a good amount of servers up and frequent updates. Most games i join i get a squad that all has mics and the communication is great, there is always at least one medic in each squad but normally not two because the second medic only has iron sights.

There is not much i can really say that is bad about the game apart from the fact that it is still in development and some people could say that there is not enough content but personally i think it is great.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I played it 2016, inf-only - no Vehicle introduced. Same gameplay as PR with some minor differences. Shitty performance. I actually played with Karakut but i didn't knew that times who he was (Squad-Community etc.)

I tested it recently on the new pc, run's well and smooth. Keep pressing the F-key??, not sure yet, to get into a vehicle, turn engine on, get out. A Little bit ARMA feeling but better.

I heared many not so nice things about Squad like noone like to play medic because of whatever. Can you enlight me what's going on there?

I bough squad 2 months ago and was quite negatively surprised. I do not really like the gameplay, it affects me like pr in negative ... I can not explain it, it all seemed inhibited somehow.

I have the feeling that at Pr very long on the small wheels turned until you had a good mix of gameplay and realism.
in squad, the extremely real-related feels extremely unreal ... even if it is only a start button press or stay at the track on vehicles.

2 hours ago, Hoops0320 said:

I have been playing squad recently and i was wondering if anyone would like to join me.

I would still play squad again, because it's still changing a lot and I've never really played squad intensively ...

59 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I tested it recently on the new pc, run's well and smooth.

on a i3 +3,8ghz, 1050ti, 16gb not playable. (on this mashine i run pr mostly)

on a i7 8700, 1060, 16gb smooth till the last update. now i have to close all other programs to run it smooth.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Not interested in paying someone to test their game, not after years of doing it unwillingly for much more expensive and ambitious titles, but will be getting it once it is 1.0 released or closer to it.  Been keeping an eye on it for awhile, glad some of you are having fun with it! 

• Upvote 1

I bought Squad but was very disappointed with the fact that they do not support joy sticks yet, so forget about flying in squad unless you are a keyboard/mouse pilot.

You definitely need a PC that has enough grunt to play the game, which I do now but you'll also need to get familiar with the key bindings its a bit different to PR but not overly complicated like ARMA.

image.thumb.png.d3a92c90f5284fd816a727ac2a275e15.png

Once the =VG= community gets a Squad player base together that really wants to play Squad it might be worth organizing a dedicated server, but I don't see that happening very quickly. I could be wrong but I've been waiting a long time for Squad to take off and it hasn't.

Currently we have an ARMA server (2 in fact) that are not being used very much so adding another one for squad would be a waste of money with the interest levels as they are.

Like any game its not so much the mechanics of the game that hold the player base it depends on the server population.

I've been playing ARMA recently but again we don't have enough players to make it anything like the team work we enjoy in PR, not even close, so in my opinion Squad suffers from the same problem.

I've played on other servers but that is not much fun because I don't know anyone on those servers and its just not the same as playing with your VG mates.

So good luck with Squad and call me when you have a player base.

• Upvote 2

I just changed my key bindings to match PRs...

I own squad and i would be down for a 24/7 server with the legacy PR ruleset. Currently it's hard to find a decent server with strict rules and active admins.

Hopefully this will change in the future as soon as the mainstream gamers moved on and only the dedicated stick to it like in PR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24/7 Server is waste of =VG= ressources and i share Kav's minds. That was the reason i mentioned the EVENT word.

Why making it as Event and not 24/7 is :

actually i was just looking for someone who also plays it just to have an easier start.

When we make an Event day for Squad and a shitload of =VG='s joins, we can get a better Picture of this game because we not playing with unknown's, no trolls, everyone of us have a good start. Which side win or lose isn't important. I think after an Event we know more about Squad or maybe we start hating it.

Also the missing botsupport ….. =VG= always hosted games with ai-support sofar i remember.

Offtopic - 

And what is now with the Arma Servers? We upgrading and Hosting a modded one or is it on ice?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

And what is now with the Arma Servers? We upgrading and Hosting a modded one or is it on ice?

Currently me and a few others are leading some development on a modded server for Arma. (I bought one of my own servers to try stuff out) 

I'm still pushing with the Antistasi idea to the extent that config files and mission files are being modified to make it acceptable for very small player bases to still have fun and kick ass (without get butt fucked by Blufor and Opfor all the time).

Either Way, If you need more information then pop back into the "Arma 3 Modded Server" Topic of the Forums. Just to prevent this topic about squad being off topic lol.

PS... Squad is shit and always will be shit to me until COOP is introduced lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

I just changed my key bindings to match PRs...

Great idea Keed, might try that too.

5 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

When we make an Event day for Squad and a shitload of =VG='s joins, we can get a better Picture of this game because we not playing with unknown's, no trolls, everyone of us have a good start. Which side win or lose isn't important. I think after an Event we know more about Squad or maybe we start hating it.

Agreed FastJack, obviously its not going to be an "EVENT" in the real sense where the maps are modified etc but you could organize a sign up page in the forum and gauge the interest in meeting up on a Squad Server.

Kav

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

No, we need to move forward with that Arma Modded Server idea, the hold-up was only the Holiday season, and now it's past.  Ciro is the guy for Arma 3 servers at VG, he really knows his stuff, and I'd hate to volunteer him for the job if he weren't so great at it.  I'll be pestering him to come have fun as often as I can on Steam until I can rope him into TS3 and start poking him with something pointy.

I would definitely enjoy anything like Squad in an event, just gonna be a short while before I can afford a new game, holidays, damn steam sales (again) and still patching this massive hole in my wallet.  Looking forward to it someday, though, like I said.

Will help organize and promote any Squad Event you guys want here, regardless if I can join in.  Obviously, if I did a Falcon BMS Event, not everyone would be able to join in, and them's just the breaks of our group and the different stuff we play.  Will watch any videos, too, from the edge of the seat.  Those are always fun!  Especially when you can watch the event on more than one video, from more than one viewpoint.

Cheers! :drinks:

• Upvote 2