Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Handheld AA is weird

Aori

^What he said.

Basically, it has a narrow FOV (field of view), so if the target gets out of that, and then back on center, that 5 seconds is gonna start over, isn't it?  Account for that, and like Stark said "lead time" and you'll probably have more success in any game with simple AA weapons.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

Yeah, also don't feel bad.  They, the DEVS changed the AA awhile ago and made it less OP than what it use to be.  You can still use TOW's and LAW's and other AT to take out aircraft though :)

Specially with the german armament:

Warhead on a stick? Stielhandgranate
Warhead on a tube? Panzerfaust
Warhead with wings? Panzerwurfmine
Warhead on a pistol? Sturmpistole
Warhead on a RC car? Leichter Ladungsträger Goliath

Srly, they put bombs everywhere, they even put it on dogs .-.

Edit: Actually, the dog thing was a Soviet idea :T
Edit 2: The Germans did gave the idea some thought tho
Edit 3: After the WW2 other countries tried it too(damn is it studying things fun!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nyther the Komrade Dog said:

Specially with the german armament:

Warhead on a stick? Stielhandgranate
Warhead on a tube? Panzerfaust
Warhead with wings? Panzerwurfmine
Warhead on a pistol? Sturmpistole
Warhead on a RC car? Leichter Ladungsträger Goliath

Srly, they put bombs everywhere, they even put it on dogs .-.

Edit: Actually, the dog thing was a Soviet idea :T
Edit 2: The Germans did gave the idea some thought tho
Edit 3: After the WW2 other countries tried it too(damn is it studying things fun!)

Hmmmm i was thinking about warhead on a cat

Aircraft will recieve lock warning short amount of time before AA operator gets the lock tone meaning that AI with it's "fast fingers" will launch flares before you finish the lock, so Aim couple of pixels ahead of target and launch the rocket the moment or if you can even a millisecond before the lock and your rocket will hit.

If you are using an AAV, fire two rockets in quick session and you are quaranteed to hit the target with the second rocket (Amazing broken AA vs flare mechanics)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, WarGhost said:

I have experienced a succes hit when the target is facing your AA (flares in the back, target nose in the front, gess who's closer to hit) :P but this also make it prety ready to shoot you.

I remember that. Like the humvee aa but i dont like the handheld stuff

On 21.4.2019 at 10:47 PM, WarGhost said:

I have experienced a succes hit when the target is facing your AA (flares in the back, target nose in the front, gess who's closer to hit) :P but this also make it prety ready to shoot you.

Yep. True Story.

When a jet strafes straight in your face ... you need only a LOCK ON ... doesn't matter what got locked. SEEK CLOSEST TARGET COMP TT HEAT.

But that count not for every AA missile. 

Has somebody maybe experienced the double missile bug in COOP? I mean the bug where the missile hit the target, explode and suddenly a second missile pops up and do unwanted shit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I mean the bug where the missile hit the target, explode and suddenly a second missile pops up and do unwanted shit?

not really. only with grenades if you get revived ^ ^ if you throw a grenade and get wounded, it can happen that the second granade is active when you get revived...most of the time that ends in a mass-tk.

16 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Has somebody maybe experienced the double missile bug in COOP? I mean the bug where the missile hit the target, explode and suddenly a second missile pops up and do unwanted shit?

Could be what is known in the community under "rouge missile". I have never been able to reproduce this under normal pr session settings but it might have just been too fast to see properly. 

Happens on Khamisiya STD/ALT a lot since there are many air assets. You fire a AIM9 on a locked hostile target. In flight the missile will steer off course an hit the closest (firendly) helicopter or jet. Basically all teamkills with AIM9s or Stingers are because of this. 

I want to check the demofiles sometime.

Don't get me wrong it is in a sense realistic because heat is what helis or jets produce, yet the way it looks when the missile suddenly pumps up to MACH30 pulling a hard turn, feels glitchy.

• Upvote 2