NOTICE: Our Project Reality Demo / Tracker files are not getting uploaded here to the website.  We are working on the issue and expect it to be resolved within a few weeks.  The files are still being recorded, and will be provided to anyone including public players via direct request.  Send a message to (in order of availability) SemlerPDX, STARK, or m823us, with the date/time and map name, and we will provide you with the corresponding file.  Thank you all for your patience!

Stargazer

Hello world!

Hello everyone, 

I ve installed Bms 4.33 and start reading and practicing. Totally newbie on combat fly sims but with a few hours on Fsx, it will take me some time to get things rolling. 

Hope to get to know some of you and fly together sometime (if I manage to digest tons of info needed). 

Cheers

Hello and welcome!  :drinks:
Study hard and don't forget to enjoy the journey!  Painful at first, but as you know from civi flight sim, the rewards are worth it in the end.

The Training Missions found under Tactical Engagement follow the Training Manual in your programs folder\Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Docs\Falcon BMS Manuals\BMS-Training.pdf

Don't necessarily need to do them in order, so if you get bored after completing Basic Handling, feel free to move on to learning how to use a weapon system (AA or AG, and one or two of the weapon types for those modes).  

FTR, Air to Air refueling is considered by many to be one of the most difficult procedures to complete, and when we fly multi-player flights, we rarely assume that everyone is AAR trained, and therefore rarely use it (landing at a friendly air strip will always suffice to refuel in a pinch).  Just know that going in, maybe you'll love it and be good at it - but don't assume we ALL are pro's at AAR.  It's the stretch goal of the BMS combat sim trainee, IMHO.

Regarding setting up controls and knowing what you'll need to know and push often, and what you can leave to the 3D cockpit where you just use the mouse to click around the cockpit, check out Jeffu's blog (part 1 and 2) on the topic of Keybindings and in-game controls you'll want to setup:  

Welcome Stargazer.  As I have said to more than one new guy, there is no need to practice solely offline. You can do no harm coming onto the server and hopefully speed things up by getting help/information from other bms fans. Find me often in the lobby if you stop by. Happy to assist even with the most basic stuff.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, CobaltUK said:

Welcome Stargazer.  As I have said to more than one new guy, there is no need to practice solely offline. You can do no harm coming onto the server and hopefully speed things up by getting help/information from other bms fans. Find me often in the lobby if you stop by. Happy to assist even with the most basic stuff.

Hey Cobalt. Thanks for the assistance.

I'll try to manage a decent landing first and then i'll search for you in ts. ;)