Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

What gives with the kit restrictions?

=VG= Kavelenko

Hey guys,

I was on Muttrah Std the other day with 7 squad members and no-one could access a HAT kit, have there been changes to the kit restrictions or something?

We kept getting "unavailable for your forces right now message". This makes life difficult enough when there are only 7 players on the server but I always thought any kit was accessible with 6 players in the squad?

screen056.thumb.jpg.2857afc776e7f8ac7e42f692e3abc9f1.jpg

screen057.thumb.jpg.18f12a20c79d7f9ba933f7b1878d9ef6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

Sniper medic and spotter 2 squad members

HAT ENGI and AA 3 members

Breacher, AR, LAT 4

All others 6

is there a chance that AR can be used at 3 sqd-members? When there are only a few people online, you often have small sqds and it is quite hard to come up against these bots. an AR-KIT would help a lot. and when the server gets fuller and the game becomes easier, AR is also usable...

While I understand that on low pop an ar would be ideal with 3 people I highly suggest we do not. 

In general we keep saying that .... we can’t do this in low pop and we can’t do that but if we nerf the game even more what would the challenge be???

We could state that the fobs should not require crates as it would not have sufficient people to supply crates.

we could remove every squad limit so we can have enough hat kits to take on armour. 

While yes I can understand the frustration on low pop everything we do to aid them is to make the game even easier on med/high pop.  We cannot make everybody happy but the fact we adjusting to the 20 ish players on low pop rather then the 80+ Regular people playing on medium/full pop is getting a bit out of hand.

I know people won’t be happy when I say this but people can also join the servers located in their timezone. Why would Australians join an empty VG server early in the Europe morning that has a ping of 200+ while GDO is located in Australia. Europe servers don’t have much pop as most people work or go to school so joining before 12:00 GMT is kinda ... 

Do not get me wrong I do enjoy having Australians on the server especially when melon is drunk, but we have to focus on what better for the majority and not the 20 ish players that come in at low times.

(I am taking GDO as example as I know they provide good service any other server provider can be picked. )

The best solution would be to simply cooperate with a other server such as GDO and coordinate the players to them at our low pop times. This would for example mean VG is simply offline between 4 and 12 am GMT to force people to join the largest server. Once we get up and running people can then flock into our server and we should have much lesser lowpop time. (As people then might finished their jobs and such) people will simply join VG due to better ping and been better known. 

A other way

We can also rig our own server to force stop at 4 am load the low pop settings and do another forced reboot at 12 to switch back to the high pop settings. While this can be annoying it would be our best option. However you will still have other issues in where both GDO and VG has 5 people while 1 server of 10 would simply be more enjoyable. 

I think the 2 options above will be much better then simply changing the settings to easyier this at it keeps both parties happy.

Also i think a collaboration between the 2 communities can also benefit coop in general with the ability to organised some player competition events. 

Actually, I see it similar as you.

only at AR is it really a bit easier when only 12 players are online. if you have 30-40 players online you have more than 4 members in a sqd and the lock is canceled anyway. I would not want to change much, just this one point.

We cannot have dynamic config without having to reboot the server. The only way to load this config is a forced reboot (reboot at fixed time as it is not possible to detect round ending) 

Just as you say it yourself only this one thing. And then someone else has another thing and that’s how we came to this point. We should not drift too far away from deployment config as we are doing now

43 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

And then someone else has another thing

that is clear. I did not ask that because I like to play AR ( i love it;)) but because with less than 12 players you often do not have a chance against the AI. AR or MG is a simple and good way to balance this out a little.

But I understand that you should not change anything easily or make changes to every request ...

2 hours ago, 0100011000101 said:

Actually, I see it similar as you.

only at AR is it really a bit easier when only 12 players are online. if you have 30-40 players online you have more than 4 members in a sqd and the lock is canceled anyway. I would not want to change much, just this one point.

Nothing better than grenades :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: