Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

! Requesting Help Troubleshooting Crashes

ranger_12

hey guys ! 

i still have the same problem disconnecting from the server almost every 10 -- 20 m and my mumble works 10m and stop. and i have to close the mumble and wait again.  

im playing only at night this month. so maybe there is a problem with the connection or dia-lup issues ! i don't know. i got tired of reloging to game every 15m. so i think i will try at day and see if there is a problem with my connection at night. because maybe there is lot of ppls here using the internet! ( lol ) 

or i maybe will stop playing for like 12 days. till my work time changes again and i be able to play at day time.

We need to troubleshoot your connection, like we talked about the other day.  There must be some reason, and we are not starting with zero information:  it is regularly happening every 10-20 minutes.  Believe it or not, but that is a starting point.  It depends on how aggressively you pursue this problem, but it certainly isn't on our end.  We have no "disconnect ranger" script running, of course - this problem must be with your hardware or software blocking this connection. 

Maybe instead of quips we can get our heads together and ask/answer questions to get to the root of this.  I'd also suggest that you google the shit out of this problem, most times, we're not the first person to have "X" error or problem.  Again, we can post here, or you can also reach out to the world wide web of information to find out more.

All problems can be solved, given patience and determination. :hi:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I had a similar problem where the game would crash so often to the point I was about to throw my whole rig out the window. Didn't have any other problems with any other program. What I ended up doing is download the latest copy of PR, uninstall PR, delete the remaining PR folders in Windows Explorer and re-install the entire game. Unfortunately that didn't work either. So I went for the most drastic of measures... I backed-up all my files and did an entire fresh install of Windows 7.  Re-installed all my 'must have' programs including PR and it worked, flawless. Faster than ever. So yeah... This fixed the problem for me. Bit drastic, I agree. but it worked.

I still don't know what the underlying issue was though. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

We need to troubleshoot your connection, like we talked about the other day. 

Jap, maybe you have the ability to hang another computer on your internet connection to see if it is the computer or your router/isp? or vice versa, you could also hang your computer on another connection to see what happens.

I  get a feeling that it has something to do with the update and / or perf beta. did you update from 1.3 or did you install 1.5? here could be the problem somewhere ...

10 hours ago, InchPincherToo said:

*PS: After knowing this, looks like i can't be online at some point, PERF BETA is now permanent and can't be turned off, seems now it's killing my PC performance (after more than 1hr playing, it overheats & freezes my screen 5 mins approx.). I definitely need to fix this issue first, then will come back later after it's done...

it could be a performance problem ... maybe your graphics card or your cpu will be too hot or overload. it could also be a memory problem.

but it could also firewall, router, cable, antivirus, proxies (if used), other programs, driver problems or anything. Therefore, it would make sense step by step to narrow down the error.
that could take some time ...

if you have no other Internet line or another computer available I would perhaps completely uninstall PR once and reinstall 1.5.
but before I would delete all (!) settings and only when it is running and the error is fixed copy them back.

if you need help to find the hidden folders of pr, let me know. there are still some data hidden in system folders of windows ...

edit: have you ever defragmented your hard drive?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Probably the same thing. The mumble is an separate program, so whatever you did to fix PR you would need to do the same for mumble.

What does the mumble console say when it disconnects? (open mumble and its the text at the bottom)

the mumble don't crash double. the mumble stay open but you stop hear voices and no one can hear ur voice chat. only when you close the mumble and wait till open again auto of course then u can speak again and hear voice chats.

6 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Do you happen to mute on your headset? Or have any buttons on it?

If if mute my mic by the headset it does not turn back on. I have to switch audio input for it to work again. Or reboot ts/mumble

No buttons on my headphone. and i never mute my mic. beause i use push to talk so no need. i think there is a problem with the windows or something else turning hardware configurations to default all the time but i cannot find what make my audio devices return to default. i tried to block windows from turning this stuff to default mod but i don't know because win 10 is a crappy system as it is a good system at the same time :D ..

my mic is dying is not possible beause it still works fine. i will try new mic and see if the problem continue, or use USB sound card to check this nightmare lol

27 minutes ago, ranger_12 said:

i think there is a problem with the windows or something else turning hardware configurations to default all the time but i cannot find what make my audio devices return to default.

Maybe try this....
Ensure your default audio device is not allowed to be controlled with priority access by software.  Go to "Manage Audio Devices" and scroll down to your default device - click properties and then Advanced tab as shown - uncheck the boxes in Exclusive mode to turn off -- you might do this for Recording Tab as well to ensure your mic is not in Exclusive Mode:

default manage audio devices allow applications priority.PNG

Open Mumble and along the top, click Configure -> Settings
Under Audio Input and Audio Output, ensure Exclusive is Unchecked -- also, you can either set Default as the device, or try forcing Mumble to whatever audio device you want.  Click apply to save changes:
mumble manual exclusive settings.PNG

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Maybe try this....
Ensure your default audio device is not allowed to be controlled with priority access by software.  Go to "Manage Audio Devices" and scroll down to your default device - click properties and then Advanced tab as shown - uncheck the boxes in Exclusive mode to turn off:

default manage audio devices allow applications priority.PNG

Open Mumble and along the top, click Configure -> Settings
Under Audio Input and Audio Output, ensure Exclusive is Unchecked -- also, you can either set Default as the device, or try forcing Mumble to whatever audio device you want.  Click apply to save changes:
mumble manual exclusive settings.PNG

Ty for your help mate. :) 

I had the same problem and reinstalling windows did not fixed it for me (i mean crash with lost connection) then i did buy new rooter that fixed it. Try to upgrade your rooter firmware or at least do factory reset on it cz i heard that there is a virus whitch will stay in rooter and factory reset will kill it. And set ADSL mode to the one that match your ISP mode, don't keep it on AUTO (if you are using ADSL on your contry).

Now for mumble: Do you have Kaspersky antivirus? if so, you need to allow vocal data acces to internet in settings -> firewall -> programs acces but this is 5% the case for this issue. Also, you may set your antivirus update time to the time you are not playing at, this will help avoid lags.

To me, the new rooter fixed all my game isues.

More tips:

I'm using LeatrixLatency program to minimise my ping and avoid lags.

I'm using SelfishNet program to manage and share the wifi bandwidth (so if some devices are downloading updates when i am playing, they will be restricted to a certain speed and dont disturb me).

Hope this help and sorry for my bad english.

• Upvote 2