Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Map rotations

Vanillapop

There are usually admins online. They can change the map for whatever map you want to. Just ask. A lot of the times WE don't know what to play next and are very happy to hear suggestions. In fact we beg for them sometimes. So just check what admin is online, talk to them via TS or Mumble and say what map you'd like to play. IF cool then we'll run it next. 

• Upvote 5

We also do have 4 different map rotations that we utilize throughout the week. We are always open to map ideas and what other players want to run for next map.

We were using the vote settings on the server, however, players were not fully utilzing this command. Meaning players were not voting enough to make a change.

Do you have any maps you would like to see run more? 

• Upvote 3

*Keep in mind that there are certain COOP Maps that look cool, but do not work well online in COOP.  The PR Admins know which maps cause frequent crashes, and which maps empty the server because players do not like them - so some of the deciding factors in our current Map Rotation Sets (1-4) include Stability, Playability, and/or Functionality.

Here's all the current maplists (separated by large dividers) and you can feel free to edit it in Notepad - change some things around - and then send me a copy.  I will run it by MelonMuncher and if he approves, we will make it a new rotation(s) on the server.  Melon has to approve because he is the most involved and because he made all these COOP levels, knows which ones are stable enough to run, and knows which ones can empty a server (therefore knows which maps NOT to set as the starting map, for example).

:hi:

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

*Keep in mind that there are certain COOP Maps that look cool, but do not work well online in COOP.  The PR Admins know which maps cause frequent crashes, and which maps empty the server because players do not like them - so some of the deciding factors in our current Map Rotation Sets (1-4) include Stability, Playability, and/or Functionality

Went on our favorite vietnam tad sae map  today with 17 people .... It was almost as though the team was trying to take objectives by literally covering it with dead bodies. In the end it had to be called off since we could not get a few minutes away from the first bridge without losing the point and having to repeat the entire traumatic bloodbath again.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SoldierOfMisfortune said:

Went on our favorite vietnam tad sae map  today with 17 people .... It was almost as though the team was trying to take objectives by literally covering it with dead bodies. In the end it had to be called off since we could not get a few minutes away from the first bridge without losing the point and having to repeat the entire traumatic bloodbath again.

It was good fun though wasn't it until we started to get a pasting...lol. No harm done we weren't stuck there forever.

• Upvote 1

I'm totally missing  them lately, since some of the map rotations has slightly changed, like for example:

- Muttrah City (STD or LRG) is seem to be gone from the Default map rotation, and the painful Karbala some times shown up as the first starting map (Definitely need to fix this, coz at some low pops.. server just really dead afterwards if server restarts/crashes)

- Almost everyone hates playing Pavlovsk Bay (ALT) as starting map of 1st Custom map rotation and repeated after couple of 3 rounds (Asad Khal, Marlin, Khamisiyah) back to another Pavlovsk Bay (STD), just kinda tiring and BORING for some other players... admins sometimes can be forced to change it to some random maps..

- I haven't seen the 2nd Custom map rotation, which is Khamisiyah as starting map and goes to Vadso City etc., it is also seem to be gone from rotation (Why?)

- 3rd Custom map rotation, which is Jabal as starting map, doesn't have the British Campaign (i'll always remember this one supposed to have Shijia STD and Burning STD), instead both of them seems to changed to different maps (if i'm not wrong, from my point of view, was changed to Marlin ALT and Lashkar STD as next map)

- Everything seems confusing, after looking again... almost all map rotations (not including the Default map rotations) have their way back to Pavlovsk Bay (STD) every couple 3 or 5 rounds after the first starting map, and goes on to some random/repetitive map almost everyday (Beirut, Karbala, etc.). Admins should think about this again for future

- Kashan (ALT, STD or LRG respectively) can be the server "life saver" from dead sometimes, but it is always putted down the last one in option when the server getting low pop

- People always wanted Silent Eagle (especially the STD) to make it's comeback, right? Just wanted to ask, is the STD still has some issues lately? Or is it done and ready to play?

And here's the list of maps that i completely forgot to put in or set when needed (i had my reasons not playing the map, coz afraid of crashing):

- Vadso City (ALT, STD or even LRG)

- Saaremaa (ALT, STD)

- Nuijamaa (STD)

- Dovre (both Dovre STD and Dovre Winter STD)

- Op. Archer (INF, STD)

- Hades Peak (INF, ALT)

- Bijar Canyons (STD) - SPECIAL MENTION

- Al-Basrah (INF, ALT, STD)

- Assault on Grozny (INF, ALT, STD)

- Dragon Fly (INF, STD)

- Wanda Shan (STD) - SPECIAL MENTION

- Xiangshan (STD)

- Black Gold (INF ALT, STD) - SPECIAL MENTION

- Sbeneh Outskirts (INF, ALT, STD) - SPECIAL MENTION w/h OPFOR layout

- Kozelsk (INF, ALT, STD) - SPECIAL MENTION w/h OPFOR layout

- Ramiel (ALT, STD, LRG)

- Silent Eagle (INF, ALT and still no for STD)

- and many more possiblities like Falklands maps (Goose Green STD, Falklands INF) and fan favorite Nam maps (Charlie, Ia Drang, Hill 488, Tad Sae), but for this kind of map, yet again depends of its population.. :o

Anyways, please remind everyone about these maps that i mention above for alternatives in field, these maps needs some love.. ;)

- Inch

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late reply guys, I've noticed that a lot of people do not like the maps Assad khal and karbal these two maps usually kill the server, and lately the server has been crashing a lot + the rests thus putting it into an infinite loop of muttrah, Beirut, burning sands and karbala. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2017 at 11:24 PM, InchPincherToo said:

People always wanted Silent Eagle (especially the STD) to make it's comeback, right? Just wanted to ask, is the STD still has some issues lately? Or is it done and ready to play?

It seems to be back to it's pre-1.4 state. It works, but frequently crashes halfway through the match. 

• Upvote 2

i can only list this maps that most ppls and ME don't like anymore and this maps always causes empty server >>>

1- karbala

2- vadso city

3- operation marlin

4- beirut.

5-asad khal

not because this maps are boring NO. its because we may play this maps 5 times a day everyday. and this cause a bad feeling and get ppls leave the server.

but anyway i still play this maps with pleasure whene there is community and good community arround

• Upvote 2