Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

The First Traditional VGAF Event (Name can and should be changed)

Blackburn

Yes. Completely what it's looks like. I want this awesome comunity to become more awesome, which means it has to huddle people in a more regular manner. (Thats completely my own guess, or whatever) So there is the idea. It's doesn't look so possible to make a PvP server at this time, why we are not making Co-Op missions that requires at least 8 to 20 pilot at the same package at the same time.

As a newbie I don't know is that already have been tried, or gonna be, I can put a considerable effort to make it happen, if anybody doesn't has any means to stop me.

1. First of all, whe gotta discuss on time, UOAF is very experienced on this (they are making it more than six years i guess), and they are scheduling the events on Saturday 18:00z and its looks reasonable to me. But like I said, we gottta discuss on it.
  2. Second thing is, there is manpower to make it happen. I can fragg a mission once in two weeks, but I like to see it more often. Volunteering is the key feature on this one.
  3. And the last thing I have in mind, I can make a template html file for regularly fragged missions, but I cannot maintain game-master status because I am a student and I don't ussualy know what brings tomorrow. I need full support on that one.

There it is, actually there is always be more work to but, thats a start for me. We can talk about training (Recuiting) some other time, and absolutely on PvP but, thats enough for me for now. Looking forward to...

:birthday-dancer:

• Upvote 1

Nice idea.  One thing that has been difficult to do in the past was to gather a larger group of pilots.  With social groups on things like Discord, it would be easier to gather a big group, or advertise a weekly event.

Time zones can be difficult, but I think we could come to a consensus; also, we could make it an event "day" where pilots can still join larger group actions even if they miss a pre-planned large package flight.

Because some other large Falcon groups run public events on Saturday, we may consider choosing a different day so as to not compete for the same player base of public players looking for weekly multiplayer events.  It may not be a problem either way, but it is something to consider.

As far as regularly fragged missions, we certainly do a lot of Pre-Planned CAS, but I am not exactly sure what you mean about making a template in html.  What did you have in mind?

I'll be flying again as early as Sunday, hopefully - I've been grounded for not passing my Physical exam (just kidding, my arm is hurting IRL, can't fly right now ;) ).   Hope to see you around!  I love the idea of weekly group flights!

edit:  I'd also like to consider weekly training events to help newer pilots learn multiplayer skills and polish their other procedures.  BTW, when I do fly, my times are 1700-2300 GMT - I'm in West Coast USA.

2 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

As far as regularly fragged missions, we certainly do a lot of Pre-Planned CAS, but I am not exactly sure what you mean about making a template in html.  What did you have in mind?

I mean like a mail template that is open to comunity to easyli brief or announce event clearly in a single forum post. Most likely a basic operation map with some specific data included like ordnance the aircraft carries etc. In a means of cosmetics u know what I mean ;p Not so special just a documentation for making things clear and easy to share.

I found some nice pilots like sir CobaltUK. We flew on some Pre pln CAS missions and I saw some individual pilots trying to have fun alone in "Online Server". The idea came at that moment for amplifying that potential.

And thanks happy to hear you like the idea. :lol:

There is a large community that we have here so, it is deffinitly gonna worth the effort.

edit: And I guessed you will say that the saturday may not be the best idea because the reason you mentioned, I still cannot see a timespace for worldwide participation.

Well, we have CobaltUK, Jeffu, and myself as the most regular players.  There are a few others we see now and then including Falco and Static.  Cobalt has some good ideas on gathering some players to this server, but for now I do not think we have the player pool to draw from that would make a scheduled combat mission event feasible.  We're still a bit in "casual game play mode" with the BMS Server, and though I'd like to do these events, as well as some regular training events, it's manpower we are lacking at this time.

K. I have an idea. Lets schedule a TacEng. mission (eg. Training CAP, Human vs Human) and make it sticky on forum. By evaluating participation, we can consider on further events or missions. The default quota of missions won't be enough I believe (12 - 14). If we get more people than min req, than we are good to go for campaign or more pvp action! We may be more flexible on min number of people for firs time.

9 hours ago, Blackburn said:

K. I have an idea. Lets schedule a TacEng. mission (eg. Training CAP, Human vs Human) and make it sticky on forum. By evaluating participation, we can consider on further events or missions. The default quota of missions won't be enough I believe (12 - 14). If we get more people than min req, than we are good to go for campaign or more pvp action! We may be more flexible on min number of people for firs time.

Before this all gets too off base here, let me remind you that we are hosting a PvE 24/7 Korean War Campaign on the VG BMS Server, and we primarily fly Player vs. Environment and not Human vs Human.  Not that we are opposed to trying a PvP Event in BMS - simply wanted you to know what we do here.  I'd like to build up the number of e-Pilots that fly with VG, but I'd like to get them used to what we normally do, which is PvE - I think it would be counter productive to attempt to build an audience through PvP Events when our normal 24/7 is a PvE Server.

@Blackburn Are you combat mission ready in BMS?  Can you takeoff and/or land (not just optimal conditions, but dark/foul weather or with a damaged aircraft)?  Are you trained in your BFM's and do you know when to "chuck your spears"?  

Because one thing I'd really like to do on a schedule would be Multiplayer Mission Training here covering all sorts of MP SOP's for everything from COMM's to Formation Takeoff, Fuel Conservation, Backup Radio usage, Alternate Landing scenarios, DataLink procedures, Buddy Lase procedures and much more.  I'll be flying today, but I might be streaming so there will be no training today.

Whoever is interested, let me know.  My normal flying hours *(on days when I'm able to fly) are 1700-2300 GMT
:hi:

yeah i can fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee... but i cannot say i am qualified for being and instructor for any kind of operation that i cann tell ya. the pvp idea is most likely for more action and scheduled flights for making the party more loud and crush the ai in a corwded fasion way. specific time for event means more pilots for me at least. and yes i am flying on that campaign right now and i asked about red air missions becouse i haven't see any bandits for a while.

31 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

...i am flying on that campaign right now and i asked about red air missions becouse i haven't see any bandits for a while.

I reset it to Day 1 yesterday - if you're referring to a time before that, it was past Day 20 and there ARE no OPFOR bandits (or they are so rare you won't see them) due to all the DPRK Airbases being bombed out and all their aircraft destroyed.

It should be day 2 now - I flew yesterday with Jeffu and we did two seperate SWEEP missions, ran into scores of MiG-23's, Su-25's, and MiG-29A's.  In the early days of the war, there is much more OPFOR Air activity.  It takes less than a week for those DPRK Aircraft to be all destroyed by BLUFOR.

In the Campaign, OPFOR frags itself, we don't create those flights from our end.