Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG Project Reality COOP - Public Poll - Proposed Map Changes

=VG= SemlerPDX

Proposed Changes (Multiple Voting is ON - Please vote for each section) - Delay means: These assets cannot be used for X minutes after map/mission starts  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Bijar Canyons STD

• YES - Remove 1 man assets on Bluefor
    • NO - Remove 1 man assets on Bluefor
    • YES - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min
    • NO - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min
    • YES - Delay CAS by 5 min
    • NO - Delay CAS by 5 min
    • YES - Remove Bot Apache to avoid confusion (cannot/should not be manned by humans)
  2. 2. Burning Sands ALT

• YES - Delay Tank by 10 min
    • NO - Delay Tank by 10 min
  3. 3. Burning Sands STD

• YES - Delay Tanks by 7 min
    • NO - Delay Tanks by 7 min
    • YES - Delay CAS by 10 min
    • NO - Delay CAS by 10 min
    • YES - Remove Bot Apache to avoid confusion (cannot/should not be manned by humans)
  4. 4. Beirut ALT

• YES - Delay Hind 10 min
    • NO - Delay Hind 10 min
    • YES - Remove Bot Hind to avoid confusion (cannot/should not be manned by humans)
  5. 5. Beirut STD

• YES - Delay Havoc 10 min
    • NO - Delay Havoc 10 min
    • YES - Remove Bot Havoc to avoid confusion (cannot/should not be manned by humans)
  6. 6. Gaza STD

• YES - Delay tank by 15 min
    • NO - Delay tank by 15 min
  7. 7. Kahan Desert ALT

• YES - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min and 2 by 8 min
    • NO - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min and 2 by 8 min
  8. 8. Kashan Desert STD

• YES - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min and 1 by 6 min
    • NO - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min and 1 by 6 min
    • YES - Remove Bot CAS (1 of them spawn in hanger and people shout open CAS while they don't know its a Bot one) and to avoid confusion (cannot/should not be manned by humans)
  9. 9. Kashan Desert LRG

• YES - Delay 3 Tanks by 5 min
    • NO - Delay 3 Tanks by 5 min
    • YES - Delay 2 Bradleys by 5 min (2 still spawn instantly at start)
    • NO - Delay 2 Bradleys by 5 min (2 still spawn instantly at start)
    • YES - Delay CAS F-16 by 5 min
    • NO - Delay CAS F-16 by 5 min
    • YES - Delay CAS A-10 by 5 min
    • NO - Delay CAS A-10 by 5 min
    • YES - Delay CAS Apache by 5 min
    • NO - Delay CAS Apache by 5 min
  10. 10. Khamisiyah ALT

• YES - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min
    • NO - Delay 2 Tanks by 5 min
    • YES - Delay CAS Apache by 5 min (but decrease Apache respawn from 10 min to 5 min)
    • NO - Delay CAS Apache by 5 min (but decrease Apache respawn from 10 min to 5 min)
  11. 11. Khamisiyah STD

• YES - Delay 2 of the Tanks by 5 min
    • NO - Delay 2 of the Tanks by 5 min
    • YES - Decrease Tank repawn from 10 to 5 min
    • NO - Decrease Tank repawn from 10 to 5 min
    • YES - Delay CAS by 10 min
    • NO - Delay CAS by 10 min
    • YES - Increase respawn time for F-15 from 5 min to 10 min
    • NO - Increase respawn time for F-15 from 5 min to 10 min
  12. 12. Khamisiyah LRG

• YES - Decrease respawn time for Apache FROM 10 min to 5 min
    • NO - Decrease respawn time for Apache FROM 10 min to 5 min

There have been some proposed changes by =VG= Double_13 to the Project Reality COOP Maps at VG.  Vote here on those changes.  Please pass the word to get people to vote.  Any questions, feel free to post up.

**IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE!**

This Poll will remain active for over a week, or two, or until we see that we have enough votes to make decisions.

• Upvote 7

Looks like the asset whores are winning...sad.

Instead of delaying CAS why don't we make a rule saying CAS must be called in by forward ground forces with a specific target and or a laze? Like in real life where CAS doesn't deploy on its own. It is Close Air SUPPORT not Forward Assualt Bot RAPE!!!

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, HaterOneActual said:

Looks like the asset whores are winning...sad.

Instead of delaying CAS why don't we make a rule saying CAS must be called in by forward ground forces with a specific target and or a laze? Like in real life where CAS doesn't deploy on its own. It is Close Air SUPPORT not Forward Assualt Bot RAPE!!!

Not going to and never will work on COOP. Firstly no one ever calls in CAS support anyways, and second, do you really expect people to be patient enough to just sit in the main and do nothing until some random squad lead accidentally misclicks and hits the "Request CAS support" option?

To be honest, heavy assets are the only thing, for me at least, that makes the game interesting. I find it 10 times more challenging and interesting to dodge those heat seeking LATs that can even hit a full speed Zigzagging bike from couple of hundreds of meters away than to run around the map with my knife/bayonet and get more kills than a full man squad combined. If I get hit by a rocket in an APC/IFV/CAS, on most cases I'm forced to RTB and get repairs, as INF all I have to do is to pick up an enemy kit, spam patches and continue.

If anything, then yes, I agree with CAS being a bit too OP on some maps since they have virtually nothing to counter them on the enemy side (Beirut could use the return of an avenger), but on other assets - Almost every single map has an INF layer, just use that when pop is high and admins feel that the assets are making the game boring for inf squads.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Wonder how many people will missclick a yes for a no.

first draft had the words YES and NO after the sentence, and I was concerned they might misclick... so I put them on the left next to the Vote Checkbox.  Now I'm not so concerned...  So far, it seems like a good portion of the regular players have posted up, and the opinions on the changes are not so One Sided after all....  Time will tell--- make sure you get the Infantry nuts and the Vehicle nuts all to vote here, we'll see how this looks in about a week.

*It can be said that, sure, people will vote for what they love, and that will only show that Vehicle nuts will not have the same opinions about these changes to assets as the Infantry nuts, but with more votes, it will show what a large portion of the current player base favors.  Remember, this is a video game - and we are not trying to run a Hardcore PR COOP Server, but simply an entertaining game with many different versions of the same map (through layers) - with "fun" being the top priority.  Does it detract from the fun when there are too many assets early in the match?  Does it detract from the fun when there are no vehicles available to use for a longer period after they get blown up and have to respawn?  Does it detract from the fun when the Bot vehicles are no threat at all because CAS or Armor is too OP on that map?

Regardless, voting is still a more fair system than making unilateral decisions and employing changes without feedback from the majority.

• Upvote 7

So sad to see some people voted in a different way than in TS conversations.

It is like all our politicians... I get it... Oh well...

Let be like any other COOP server... Not the reference for the community.

Bring back the autodeployables FOB, razorwires and the rest of the stuff because it seems the server is not fun anymore.

Sarcasm mode off...

Come on people!!!

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, =VG= Martin said:

So sad to see some people voted in a different way than in TS conversations.

It is like all our politicians... I get it... Oh well...

After talking to other players on the server I changed my mind and basically decided against any changes.

Do I like operating TANKS? Not particularly but why should my choice mean that other players don't get to drive TANKS?

The Dev's have already made too many changes in my opinion based on so called public opinion, all this does is modify it even more. I'm not in favour.

cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

but why should my choice mean that other players don't get to drive TANKS?

Because your choice is important sir.

Because the others want a shitload of heavy assets only to drive to the fronts, raping incomming enemy vehicles that leaving the base. wasting assets multiple times (without consequences !!!). 

The other few teamplay orientated infantry players want a better gameplay, where both (infantry and vehicles) trying to play the game as it has should to be played. Together and not this arcade lonewolf deathmatch style we currently have on some maps.

Loading in first, create super asset squad, rape and die, continoue with asset wasting because there are enough on the map.

With less assets, less rules getting broken like baserape, assetwasting or the "dont care about the others" 

When you want also some changes but dont want to hurt the others feelings, than please dont vote for some maps/layers. when you mean it isnt good. Dont give the others you vote.

• Upvote 6

To have one opinion is ok.

Maybe not all (IMO all then are needed) but we need to change things to be a better comunity. To maintain the same server settings make the game boring and repetitive. Always the same tactics and same results.

To change things is not bad. To refuse all the changes is not see the comming future. Time will speak itself.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, =VG= Martin said:

To change things is not bad. To refuse all the changes is not see the comming future. Time will speak itself.

True Martin, its not the end of the world and I'm only one vote. I'm fine with playing by whatever rules or changes are made.

• Upvote 2

Voted some maps with Yes'es and No'es... Hope that changed the most of the plays, since i see most of my experience playing Armor vs Armor, sometimes can be overpowered, "Delay setup" is an option that i want to see in-game and hope that balances the gameplay. In my opinion, it's just too easy on relying Tank, CAS to help you guard while capping each CP's in certain maps. I think that was just too selfish, really wanted to see more teamwork in INF gaming even tho its an Air-Large maps that we're playing. :)

Such as, making Offensive/Defensive FOBS for sure.. specialized INF working together in a field against Bots.

MECHANIZED INF is also the last option if someones prefers it, sometimes that allows you to at least make use the asset fully along with the couple of INF's to gain more offensive/defensive powers. Pushing, defending, suppressing.. all things and aspects that the WAR teached me in this game, applied most of them. Like for example, in Kashan ALT.. it does have something like Light APC such as STRYKER ICV with 50BMG/Cal. (which has never been seen used by some of players for a while tbh, being abandoned), can also be used if theres no APC squad (Point of view to Bradley ODS'es, they have to make APC/IFV squad in order to use that, at least..) allows MECH INF to combine assets usage and maximize it along with TOW Humvee/UP-A Humvee 50BMG/Cal. to guard Trans/Logi Trucks while on the move to objectives. I'm sure of it, it will become interesting round.

This also works at some maps like, Bijar Canyons STD (Namer along with TOW Humvee, 50BMG/Cal. Humvee and Logi Trucks/M113 Armored Logi), Sbeneh STD (can use Shiilka since have long respawn), Black Gold STD (VN-3, Trans Trucks/Jeep, Logis), Operation Marlin ALT/STD (obviously the VAB VTT), Silent Eagle ALT/Wanda Shan STD (obviously the TpZ Fuchs 1A8) and many more possible layouts that allows MECH INF to move in field.

But, yet again.. it all depends to the POPULATION which seeds the server. Sometimes regrouping squad like Tank, APC, IFV, AAV, INF, CAS is the first priority. My intention here is not to force and play MECH INF every rounds of it (see the situations first and act later)

It will be me sometimes, if someone wants to see MECH INF in the field, SL'ing around the map. There's also people around who have did this and have experience/different playstyle..

Thats all for small explanations for today, see ya in field soon-! ;)

Rgds,

InchPincherToo

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

I respect their choices and will go along with it.

I'm not trying to change anyone's vote Blazer. I respect other people opinions and I don't care if they voted in a different way than me. 

I'm just saying that everybody knows that changes are needed. I think we all agree with that. We can discuss how many changes but they are needed. For instance delete the bots air assets to avoid confusion or unnecessary death of noob players (which is better for the team). So it can't be a "No period" situation.

BTW this is a VG poll not your country messy elections, chill out my friend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =VG= Martin said:

I just noted that in every question of the poll Kavelenko has two votes. How is that possible? What kind of magic is that? Is the VG poll module giving duplicated votes to "No" for some people? This is unfair, I want to vote twice too :P

Its not magic, its just a poorly designed poll that doesn't allow you to change your vote selections!!! The poll is supposed to run for a week right? Well I made a mistake on my first poll choices. :b0209: