Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's Final Revent pw; event

=VG= Melon Muncher

How did it go, Guys?

Apologies. I was around to get stuck in at the time of commencement...

Then the phone rings...

The Oculus Rift Dev Kit we had been waiting, for over a month to arrive, had been delivered at work, EARLY!!!

We only have it for a week of testing for computer specs...

Let's just say I did not get home until 2am.

I can't wait to see PR and other classic games ported to VR Technology!!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, WCCBadploy said:

I can't wait to see PR and other classic games ported to VR Technology!!

Can't wait till programming wiz's like you and your students can make any old classic game work in that dual-screen VR tech!!  One reason I won't drop $600+ now is that only 2 games I own would work halfway decent in VR (DCS and Elite:Dangerous) but both trade their awesome resolution for a blurry "difficult to look at" set of in-game UI's and menus.  Unfortunately, I've already heard that they haven't made enough on this first generation of VR to consider designing or improving the system for a second generation of VR devices... but here's hoping!!

Hope you and your students have fun with that, Badploy!! :D

• Upvote 1

Jersans and WCCBadploy asked how the Revent went. After a few problems minor problems we started with Ramiel. I thought I had my recorder on but it turned out I was wrong so no footage of that map. It was the most successful of the six maps we played.

1. Ramiel - A good win (and I hope someone got footage) and the team capped all flags to Exfil.

2. Iron Ridge - not sure whether the team won or lost but it didnt last that long as I recall.

3. Beirut - the map crashed before we managed to end it but at least Blazer and Melon did a great job of completing the bridge building! Very entertaining as the video showed.

4. Muttrah City -  a complete disaster because no squad could cap the first flag and we ran out of tickets due to bleed.

5. Khamisiyah - I think we won this one on attrition, managed to kill off the bots to win, I'll need to check footage to confirm that.

6. Operation Barracuda - One again we failed to stop the ticket bleed but by then everyone was getting tired and the server was down to 15 players.

Overall it was still a lot of fun but was not attended well in the end. I think it would be better to limit the number of maps to 4 next time. 4.5 hours was a bit too long to keep focus.

But thanks to Melon for all the hard work put into get these events happening!

cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Kavelenko said:

Jersans and WCCBadploy asked how the Revent went. After a few problems minor problems we started with Ramiel. I thought I had my recorder on but it turned out I was wrong so no footage of that map. It was the most successful of the six maps we played.

1. Ramiel - A good win (and I hope someone got footage) and the team capped all flags to Exfil.

2. Iron Ridge - not sure whether the team won or lost but it didnt last that long as I recall.

3. Beirut - the map crashed before we managed to end it but at least Blazer and Melon did a great job of completing the bridge building! Very entertaining as the video showed.

4. Muttrah City -  a complete disaster because no squad could cap the first flag and we ran out of tickets due to bleed.

5. Khamisiyah - I think we won this one on attrition, managed to kill off the bots to win, I'll need to check footage to confirm that.

6. Operation Barracuda - One again we failed to stop the ticket bleed but by then everyone was getting tired and the server was down to 15 players.

Overall it was still a lot of fun but was not attended well in the end. I think it would be better to limit the number of maps to 4 next time. 4.5 hours was a bit too long to keep focus.

But thanks to Melon for all the hard work put into get these events happening!

cheers,

Kav

True for first three. 

4. Muttrah crashed as well after  but it is true that initial assault was a disaster for 1-2 squads due to enemy's armor and CAS presence in Docks. Hater sq though had established one FOB north from the Docks and there was some progress untill the crash happened. Not sure if intended but it was quite a challenge to tell apart friendly from foes (almost the same camo and weapons).

5-6. Both Khami and Barracuda were played with roughly 20 players at best so event was almost done by then, probably because of both crashes (mostly Muttrah one).

-Khami was almost a success but we failed to secure last 1-2 flags and we lost to the bots.

-While at Khami lack of manpower was problematic, at Barra it pretty much finished the event. Even with full 4 SQs and CAS support it wouldn't be a walk through the park. With 16 players who were still playing it proved to be impossible.

Neverless, event was fun while it lasted. It seems like ticket problem was successfully solved and only major issue were those server crashes.

• Upvote 1

• =VG= m823us unfeatured and unpinned this topic