Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's first PR co-op event

=VG= Melon Muncher

I shall be leading the Cheeki Breeki squad with the russians on all the maps except ramiel.

For teds requirements
1. Game keeps telling me to read ma field manual, I havnt been able to find it.
2 Me Myself and WHERES MA MEDIC
3. U WOT M8
4. U N**B I TOLD YOU TO USE KNIVE
5. SHOTGUN AND FULL AUTO

DLC FEATURES

1. Microphone on other side of the room counts right?
2. How to talk to mah squad.
3. AUW but it does mean i can have push to talk on the fire button and play the sound over the speakers so my mic can catch the ingame sound?
4. No Touching the Childeren?

The Cheeki Breeki Squad Contains the following players (can be changed)

SL: =VG= Double_13
VODKA Skitalez
VODKA Dragovich
VODKA Maga
VODKA Jersans
VODKA Un4given (unconfirmed)
Sweetwarrior (unconfirmed)

I suggest that people/SL start recruiting there squad members and note it on the forum so we can keep track whos joining.
If people are looking for a squad please make a post you searching so SL's can take into consideration of accepting you in there squads.

I do like to ask SL to recruit new people and not to get the whole squad with ALL the regulars.

Download is up, install instructions on the bottom of the first post.

I down't want a million people joining TS asking for help an hour before the event starts so if you have issues make sure to ask well beforehand.

The maps might sort of work in local, and some might not, either way they are designed for human team vs bot team so any bots on BLUFOR will have issues

On 07/01/2017 at 7:48 AM, HaterOneActual said:

I will be running Infantry squads on all maps. Kavlenko and I are looking for 6 more to round out the squad. If you're interested message me.

Yeah this is an open invitation for anyone wanting to participate in an infantry squad, if we get more than 8 we'll just create another squad. Message me or Hater if you're interested.

cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jersans said:

@Kavelenko @HaterOneActual can I just make one suggestion? A lot of great players don't frequent the website. So invite them in game. 

Yep been doing that. Better still if it was advertised as a running banner in game this week that Melon's Event is on Friday and to access this page if players want to join up, that would reach a larger audience.

• Upvote 3

Suggest spreading people around in different squads rather than creating an elite one. Otherwise we'll be stuck on constant loop where the elite squad has to bounce back and forth between the flags since other's aren't able to hold / attack them. 

@Xenalite Everyone is welcomed to join. Just make sure you have the maps correctly installed by next friday .

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Suggest spreading people around in different squads rather than creating an elite one. Otherwise we'll be stuck on constant loop where the elite squad has to bounce back and forth between the flags since other's aren't able to hold / attack them. 

@Xenalite Everyone is welcomed to join. Just make sure you have the maps correctly installed by next friday .

I agree TEDF in fact I'm happy to lead a squad of new players if needed. Already its looking like we're going to get more than 8 players so if you want to join infantry either post here or message me.

Lets get a complete list of players who need a squad to join.

Please post your in game player name and preferred kit, - no snipers please. Perhaps WCCBadploy will run a recon squad for sniper fans??

I'm sure others will want to lead and create their own squads and that's fine but my post is more about providing a squad for those who may not be able to find one.

I'd love to run in Hater's squad because he's a ball tearing no nonsense squaddie, but its looking likely that we'll split into separate teams.

• Upvote 1

The maps and premises are awesome. Thanks Melon! 

However just a (probably) dumb question from me. I got the event maps. They all work on local server and no crashes even with my poor 6 y/o old baby (peecee) but on the Khami map everything seems frozen as in the bots don't spawn and neither do the choppers. Is it me? Is it supposed to be like that or do other people have the same and it will be an issue? 

Also - I just noticed from the rules that if we lose the Strykers and Humvee (who are the only ones that can capture flags) on Ramiel we lose the game, basically they're our Achilles heel as there's no alternative strategy, so we'll need a kick-ass repair squad in the rear and close infantry support against those pesky RPG guys and elite infantry on point to clear the road.  It's probably going to be the hardest map I think because the assets can't/shouldn't take point so infantry needs to clear the map with the IFV and Humvee's providing fire support and defend flags with engineers in our back to keep us alive. Tough but awesome challenge there as three well aimed RPG hits can end the game in a matter of seconds :)

Do we get a rematch if we lose?

The other maps are equally challenging but less risky if you ask me. 

5 minutes ago, Jersans said:

However just a (probably) dumb question from me. I got the event maps. They all work on local server and no crashes even with my poor 6 y/o old baby (peecee) but on the Khami map everything seems frozen as in the bots don't spawn and neither do the choppers. Is it me? Is it supposed to be like that or do other people have the same and it will be an issue? 

Also - I just noticed from the rules that if we lose the Strykers and Humvee (who are the only ones that can capture flags) on Ramiel we lose the game, basically they're our Achilles heel as there's no alternative strategy, so we'll need a kick-ass repair squad in the rear and close infantry support against those pesky RPG guys and elite infantry on point to clear the road.  It's probably going to be the hardest map I think because the assets can't/shouldn't take point so infantry needs to clear the map with the IFV and Humvee's providing fire support and defend flags with engineers in our back to keep us alive. Tough but awesome challenge there as three well aimed RPG hits can end the game in a matter of seconds :)

Do we get a rematch if we lose?

The other maps are equally challenging but less risky if you ask me. 

The bot's on blufor don't spawn because it's designed for human team. The helis spawn times are weird and I'm not gonna go into detail, they spawn sometime around 7 minutes into the game. and I can't seem to get a sooner spawn without too quick respawn. I didn't have time to look for a fix.

Yep just play it safe on Ramiel, bots shouldn't be spawning right next to vehicles so no insta RPG. a well formed defensive circle should deal with most threats.

Rematch? Depends on how fast you lose. If the event runs well I don't see any reason not to run it again, though I have some cool ideas for other maps if they do run well and it's a sucess.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

The bot's on blufor don't spawn because it's designed for human team. The helis spawn times are weird and I'm not gonna go into detail, they spawn sometime around 7 minutes into the game. and I can't seem to get a sooner spawn without too quick respawn. I didn't have time to look for a fix.

Yep just play it safe on Ramiel, bots shouldn't be spawning right next to vehicles so no insta RPG. a well formed defensive circle should deal with most threats.

Rematch? Depends on how fast you lose. If the event runs well I don't see any reason not to run it again, though I have some cool ideas for other maps if they do run well and it's a sucess.

No complaints here mate. This is so awesome and I am so excited! I was just concerned if it was a bug (for me or others) thanks for clarifying. :)

I think we're pretty set most / all key assets/positions are manned and from what I heard recruitment for infantry is going well so far with @=VG= Double_13 and his Russian squad, @Kavelenko and @HaterOneActual appear to have full squads too (should the volunteer SL's list the people joining like Double did?) Might make sense to get an idea on attendance. But I think there's 20 people or more at the minimum who committed to joining this Friday.

Also - will we do some pre-strategize session on the website or make it up as we go on the event? Personally I think it makes sense to discuss roles different squads will play on each map. For example I am playing with Double on Ramiel in the Stryker, infantry on Khami and Lashkar and Tigre with @=VG= TEDF on Barracuda so my tasks are pretty clear listen to Double and listen to Ted. But for other teams / people some strategic plans may make sense to prepare. What do you think? Is that a good idea? Is it allowed? 

• Upvote 1

I'll post the battleplan for Ramiel tomorrow or day after. Basic idea is to have inf squads push up towards the flag, scout out any ATGMs and spawnpoints, set up 360 and then move in the vehicles to cap. 

Depending on how many people show up, we might try few cooler and more complicated manouvers like moving in a convoy with having inf covering the front and rear.

• Upvote 3

Just another dumb question from me. Is every commander like Ted going to create a pre-battleplan + fall back situations or more risky plans? And if so we're short two commanders I neither have the operational knowledge to play the role  (I never play commander) and am also already 'spoken' for in all maps. So we need two more commanders non? 

If we're going to strategize then we need to know the commanders and committed SL's per team/asset to coordinate for each map. 

Like with @PissBlitz his role will be vital so might want to make clear who will be forward outpost and how supplies should run and what is the secondary strategy when we lose point. 

See what I mean?

Oh and if I am asking too much questions and being annoying just tell me. I am pretty anal and perfectionistic so whereas I can deal with the 'normal' maps through improvisation and creativity with the guys in my squad going all the way, I am pretty sure that these maps require far more team effort, coordination and commitment to win them. 

Hence I am asking questions about potential weaknesses that I spot. And yes. I like to win and I know we can do it.

• Upvote 1

Questions are good. Plans are Fantastic. However, remember that the "plan" is usually the first thing that suffers in combat. That is why it is best to have the USMC approach to warfare. "Overcome and Adapt". We do it all the time and I am sure it will be the same thing on the day.

We will obviously assign and take up roles on the fly, during the event.

Considering the calibre of players we have on the server, I predict we are going to pwn the maps in record time!!

After all, we will all be directly working together.

• Upvote 1