Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Current campaign

Kaos

Just set up a 4 ship sweep: me and 3 AI out of Kunsan.

Committed to the countdown screen. At 20 minutes the load flight screen showed. Then the mission screen displayed "mission in progress"

Closed the mission report screen and was back in the mission planning map screen. Checked the ATO and my flight was not listed. I attempted to setup another sweep but the result was the same.

Check Six

Asp

On 24.2.2017 at 8:43 PM, Kaos said:

I find the campaign too unbalanced. I agree that earlier versions were too favorable for the blue forces but now it is the extreme opposite.

Was anything changed in the last few weeks? Didn't fly as much but observed the BMS topics a bit, don't recall anything regarding balancing related changes. Might have missed it.

Yea, that's whats weird -- I didn't change anything and all of a sudden, OPFOR is OP.  Maybe someone messed with the frag-o near day 1 after I launched it.  I'm not sure what to change, as I had a look over the Day 1 save, and things actually look normal.  Squadrons we grounded to add to the challenge are still grounded, and unless the campaign itself changed with the last update, I am at a loss for what to change to fix this.

Maybe I should activate the A-10's and a few of the F-18 squadrons we grounded on the next Campaign restart...

Just let me know if it becomes uplayable before that time, and I'll start it over on Day 1 with a few extra BLUFOR Squadrons active.  If you want me to do this now, just tell me.

Again, just let me know if you don't want to continue this overly challenging campaign and want me to restart it from Day 1 with some sort of modifications.

Those notes that on Day 7 is when it gets rough makes me think on how there is a trigger to bring Carrier Vinson into the campaign on Day 7 (but in our file, we've modified it so it's present on Day 1).  I wonder if this could be the issue, but it hasn't been one for the many months we've been doing it this way.  Just more speculation and theory.

4 hours ago, Brain said:
4 hours ago, Brain said:

I heard of a friendly fire incident involving JSOWs, but no details on what was hit. But if DPRK made it through somewhere it's possible the situation snowballed from there. Osan's A-10s were no longer on the frontline, blue SAMs on the DMZ overrun ...

Looks pretty bad right now.

Intel shows a sudden drop in the number of ground forces at one point and no recovery. That can very well be the consequence of the friendly fire incident. What puzzles me is the number of OPFOR planes, no matter how many are shot down it remains constant. Moreover repairs and resupplies are almost non existent for the blue side and at maximum for the red side. Try have a look at the intel graphics there might be a clue there. ( can't do it myself at this time )

Intel doesn't give any details I'm afraid. You'd need to look at a lot of autosaves side by side to see what happened exactly.

IIRC somebody wasn't getting AWACS calls last week when I had a few flights, indicating Kadena was down already. This happened before even without friendly fire. You can't win a war without supplies.
DPRK on the other hand still has a lot of mostly untouched war production and has captured even more in South Korea.

If A-10s were inactive (they were not a week ago) then probably nobody took care of the engineers, fixing up all the airfields etc.

BMS simulates economy and the problems you describe are most likely a consequence of that. We may never know what tipped the odds in DPRKs favor exactly.

• Upvote 1

I've restarted the campaign to Day 1.  I didn't change anything.  If one of you wants to reactivate an AI Squadron we've disabled, that is okay (I'm thinking A-10's would be smart).   I don't want to alter the base save file at this time, until we are certain of what to fix here to make it better, since you all can still "fix it on the fly" and see how your fixes play out while you fly.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Brain said:

BMS simulates economy and the problems you describe are most likely a consequence of that. We may never know what tipped the odds in DPRKs favor exactly.

It makes perfect sense, I still think there is something that does not add up though.

Intel doesn't give any details I'm afraid. You'd need to look at a lot of autosaves side by side to see what happened exactly.

Graphics show the situation day by day from the start of the campaign, agreed it is not detailed but a rough idea.

You'd need to look at a lot of autosaves side by side to see what happened exactly.

I am not certain I'd know what to look for, but I'm happy to make those files public for anyone to look at if they would like: BMS Server Autosave Files Feb2017

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kaos said:

Graphics show the situation day by day from the start of the campaign, agreed it is not detailed but a rough idea.

At first glance I couldn't find any massive dip on the Blue side.
I remember Asp was indirectly involved in the destruction of the bridges north of Seoul. This usually funnels all DPRK forces over one bridge to the east, a few nautical behind the DMZ. If CAS went wrong there, nobody would have stopped the Zerg-rush towards Osan and beyond. I noticed an alarming lack of ROK tank battalions last week as well.
I'll just assume that's what happens ... or there was just so little player participation ... but I really don't believe the latter.

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I am not certain I'd know what to look for, but I'm happy to make those files public for anyone to look at if they would like: BMS Server Autosave Files Feb2017

F-16C Blk.40 or F-16C Blk.52, 2 or 3 ship, loaded with JSOWs, tasked with AI or CAS :D
JSTARS in the last autosave should show when the break through occurred, then it's looking at some other saves from around that time.

Does anybody want to build an analyse tool for that? Basically Mission Commander with a timeline?

Anyways, took off around 0700 local, 2-ship with AI heading out to do some SEAD over Haeju. Flying out of Kunsan, active 36, wingman go stuck on the taxi. I was tabbed out in between (setting up playlist quick), might have caused it. Loadout was 2xAGM88, 4xCBU87 CEM, 2x120, 2xHeat, ECM. Met up with Canteen, took about 4000lbs and had a smooth ingress.
Using only the WPN page, the first Magnum didn't find it's pre-planned target. The second one shot in HAS connected with a FanSong to the north east.
Turned out, Haeju airbase was only defended by a AAA battalion. I made 4 quick mark points to do as much damage before any scramblers could arrive. The first 2 bombs were lofted in CCRP, 3rd bomb in CCIP, 4th bomb didn't come off, probably due to over-G. AD: 0.5s, BA: 1550
Diverted to Seosan for fuel reasons and called it a flight.

• Upvote 2