Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Falcon BMS 4.33.2 released

CobaltUK

I am going to need some time to re-create the server campaign and config files for U2 - I've got the file now, I'll get it together later today. For now, the server had crashed so I restarted it, still running 4.33 U1 for today.

Also, I saw some config changes in the changelog that look like additions to the server.cfg file (edit: you are right, line for line, like the installer stated - no config changes).  Either way, I'm gonna be backing up certain files before I do the update so I have references to what we use now.

• Upvote 1

ok I did the update, in the installation it said not to copy over ur config file so some of you might get upset of having to redo ur config. im guess they want you to do that so that things dont bug out? I dont mind remapping the keys and such if its going to mess up the sim I would much rather take the time to go through everything again.

Okay - server is updated and running Update 2!  Campaign is on Day 1.  We'll be changing/updating the Campaign save soon, see below...

I still need some help with the day 1 save file - we had a few custom options I wasn't able to recreate.  The Carrier group that has a few player squadrons (also I think it was tweaked to be there day 1?) and a few other squadrons that were added here and there.  I've attached an rar file with the Day 1 save file and a folder with pictures of the customized airbases and the added squadrons.  I believe Brain added the tankers, but not sure who added the other player squadrons in the list.  Whoever can help, it's much appreciated!

Master VG Day 1.rar

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Minrah said:

ok I did the update, in the installation it said not to copy over ur config file so some of you might get upset of having to redo ur config. im guess they want you to do that so that things dont bug out? I dont mind remapping the keys and such if its going to mess up the sim I would much rather take the time to go through everything again.

It specifically says " U2 does NOT replace or modify your existing config file" and that is how it turned out for me. Also my previous settings for display extraction remained ON so UI was in window mode as before. Only the default keyfiles have updates so if modified versions were in use then the changes will need to be edited in or personal edits to default re done. 

• Upvote 2

I forgot about the keyfile changes when I updated. My personal set is Read Only, I started up the sim, flew an instant action and all my HOTAS and MFD controller commands still worked the same. Odd.  I'm gonna go through the old and new keyfiles side by side to see if any of the DX commands I use on my controls have changed, but I might have gotten lucky with my particular setup.

• Upvote 1

Okay. I made the following changes:

Air Defense and Pilot difficulty set at "Veteran", all force ratio sliders set to middle position.

Made Carrier Vinson appear on day 1 of campaign, its AI squadrons are not active until China/Russia joins the war.

Added following player-only (not AI controlled) squadrons:

Choongwon Airbase

1 F16CM52 squadron, 2 tanker squadrons

Kunsan Airbase

1 F16CM52 squadron, 1 KF1652 squadron

Carrier VINSON

1 FA18C squadron, 1 FA18E squadron

Osan Airbase

1 F16CM52 squadron, 1 KF16C52 squadron

Seosan Airbase

1 F16CM52 squadron, 1 KF16C52 squadron

VG Campaign Master Edited.rar

• Upvote 2

Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I forgot to include the Difficulty settings we use in that pictures folder. sorry.

Force Ratio sliders need to be heavily weighted in DPRK's favor to make any kind of challenge.  We've been running like this all year, best to set them as they were.  My bad...

BMS VG New Difficulty April 2016.JPG