ATTN PR ADMINS: PR COOP Server is on a NEW VERSION - Join the server at least once to register your new ID in server files, then send message to m823us or SemlerPDX and we'll restore it to the Admins list.       (dismiss this message by clicking the "X")  →

TRANSP SkaPunker

Introducing TRANSP SkaPunker

Hey Everyone,?

I am TRANSP SkaPunker

im a 29 year old hardcore gaming addict.

I think have made a decent repuation on the VG coop server now to be recoginized as a decent pilot.

About 2 months ago i bought an Obutto Revolution, wich is a Gaming Battle-station,?

With a few screwdrivers and screws i can turn this into a racing arcade hall cockpit, or into a Flight simulator cockpit.

I have placed 3 x 40" 4k monitors next to eachother. ( i tried playing?BF2?in 12k resolution, but unfortunately battlefield only stretches everything so nowadays i only play on 1 monitor )?

I Love Flying, Flying is all i do in project Reality!!!

Currently im only using a simple Logitech Extreme 3d Pro as Flightstick, but soon wish to upgrade to a HOTAS Warthog.

?

P.S. srry i have no idea how to resize images...

eY3R84s.jpg

bPxcLiY.jpg24p7DNu.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hahaha great to see you on the forums bro! I was hoping you'd come and say hi one day. It's always fun to have you as a pilot :)?Good pilots are hard to find!

?

See you around ;)

• Upvote 1

Nice setup - thanks for the intro! Welcome to the site!

Surprised there isn't some trick for getting BF2 onto 3 monitors without stretching, perhaps with some utility - but I could understand as it is software released in 2004.

I'm a multi-monitor guy myself - got 4 hooked up to this GTX 970, but only the main monitor is any good (1080p/144Hz) -- a tool I find very helpful for certain games is Dual Monitor Tools (freeware/no ads, no bs) and it allows for separate custom desktop background pics, mouse locking/anchoring, hotkeys, etc.  Here's the link if you're interested.  Gotta love utilities that are "truly" free and do just what they say they will.

http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/

Also, as far as flight sticks go, the Thrustmaster HOTAS (warthog) is a stiff stick - it comes with 3 different springs, but the lightest one is still rather stiff for certain games that require a lot of stick movement (i.e. War Thunder, BF2: PR flying) and can make it difficult on the arm just to make all those movements.  But for simulators, it is a desirable feature allowing more smooth movements as stick movement in a sim is often far less than flight games.  I still use the Saitek X52 for most everything and because it twists for rudder, I don't need rudder pedals, which you will need for a stick like the TM warthog.  The Saitek rudder pedals (metal version) aren't made anymore and were supposedly the best -- the CH pedals are what I hear a lot of pilots using, but some don't like the form of it.

If I get a TM Warthog, for the record, I won't retire my Saitek X52 as it's perfect for BF2/3/4/PR, Arma, Elite Dangerous and War Thunder -- but a little loose and my 'bane to blame' when I cannot get my F-16 in BMS to stay on the boom in a Air to Air Refuel mission.

Another worthwhile link for the super gamer -- voice control is very easy these days, simple for a layperson to configure, and might be right up your alley -- trial is 20 commands, price is $8 -- I've got over 2000 commands in mine now, spanning 4 games/sims and including tons of Windows controls as well i.e. "Play some music" = start WMP 'classic rock' playlist and alt-tab back to current window.  Real Star Trek shit! lol  here's the link if you're interested, works with the Windows Voice Recognition included with all WinOS's:  https://www.voiceattack.com/ 

Just some food for thought.  See you around!

• Upvote 1

I remember you clearly man XD Always need to fight for heli ownership at round beginnings whenever youre online. But I'm not to upset when I lose since I know my BBBBBBBBBEAAAAUUUTIFUL  PREEECIOUSS blackhawks are in good hands. Il see ya around :D 

• Upvote 1