Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Infantry: Rifleman AP or Anti-Personnel

PITN

I was messing around the other day with the Rifleman AP class and I'd like to share my findings.

1. You can stand directly behind the claymore when iit detonates and recieve no damage.

2. The lethal range is 27 meters and wounds to about 45 meters.

3. The claymores kill radius is about 120 degrees or 60 degrees from median. So if u stand 10 meters away on the right or left side (within 25 degrees of the right angle the mine is facing) you will survive the blast. If you stand at 25 degrees you will live and at 30 degrees you will die.

4. You can carry two (2) claymores ans place up to four.

This makes the Rifleman-AP class an excellent choice for setting up an ambush, defending a counter-attack and disrupting lines of communication.

I'd like to do a training video and I need about six actors if anyone is interested.

Director/Medic - PITN
Rifleman AP - ?
Rifleman 1 - theDay728
Rifleman 2 - Fighter193
Rifleman 3
Rifleman 4

Script - rough draft

On the Chinese Helo Pad. It has an elevated guard tower I can use for an overhead shot. If we had access to BattleRecorder it would be so much better.

I'd like to make a short clip showing all of the claymores strong and weak points. We'll set people up at set distances and angles from the claymore and detonate. We'll then show the wound damage using the medic.

After the training clip has been shot, we'll do some practical use scenarios. This we can add to the training clip like outtakes.

So I have homework for you guys. Play the Rifleman AP class as much as possible and try to think up as many creative uses for the claymore as you can. Record with FRAPs if you want and maybe we can add the really good ones to the outtakes.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solar,

I hadn't thought about prbot. It would be a nice step up from our current status.

Prob with doing it without battlerecorder is that we have to shoot multiple takes for one scene vs. one take and replaying it at different angles to get the same effect.

Basically it would be easier to record, cut and edit if we had BR working. And easier on the actors as well.

I'll be using FRAPS to record. I haven't decided on what editor to use.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Well, I can't speak for game physics. But as for an actual claymore, dispersal pattern is just a guess (So I wouldn't wanna be standing anywhere near one when it goes off). They're pretty simple in design; just a metal box with an open side, a layer of c4, and packed full of birdshot with a plastic cover.

I rarely use them (usually on those "T" buildings to cover stairs, or doorways). But they'd be more effective and receive more use if you had the option to rig them to a tripwire and set elevation (firing down stairwells, ladders, hills, etc.).