Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

AMD 955 Phenom II

=VG= Murderface0151

hey guys, just bought myself a new CPU.

got to say, i'm thrilled with the performance haha, i've been running a few benchmarks and heavy physics tests and its the absolute BIZZ. it comes as 3.2Ghz stock which is fairly good but i gave it a neat OC to 3.6Ghz (for now ;) )

as for you intel fanboys :P i do not consider intel as an option because it's just too expensive for a broke ass like me :P though i would like to compare test results with someone so i can see just how much better the intel CPUs are?

one more thing, i'm very impressed with how my GPU (HD4850 IceQ 1gb cache) is standing to the test of , grabbing me a solid 60fps on COH: Opposing Fronts on max settings.

i'll have to apologize for the seemingly meaningless rant, but im just so excited i have my first quad core :P coming from a 7750 Athlon II x2 with no OC it's just a giant breath of fresh air into my setup.

peace out hombres

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love the AMD Blacky's and always will! What a great testament to the beauty of the Quad-Core! Yes, you do NOT need an iCore processor to have great game performance with many, many games that are available right now.

I can't give you a cross-comparison as I am also running an AMD Phenom II x4 - the 910 at 2.6GHz/core. I can tell you that with a system like that, your 4850 GPU, though still able to "hang w/the big boys", will become your "performance bottleneck" before anything else (provided you have 2-4GB of RAM).

I used that GPU for a long time with great success, and only this past Spring upgraded to a 6770 w/DDR5 GRAM. Also, for the game ArmA, some here have added a SSD as a second hard drive and installed the game there - this vastly improves load times, and may increase game performance as we all suspect Arma accesses the HDD often during the game.

Congrats on the new system! Can't wait to get some ArmA ops going again, bro!
!cheers

thanks for the reply Semler.

yeah i definately need a new GPU, was thinking of grabbing a 6850 as theyre pretty cheap nowadays.
yeah i got 4gb of ddr2, but its some pretty dated shiz lol, sadly my mobo does not support ddr3.

and i should try get on tommorow some time, just been having a heap of internet problems lately thats really starting to P**s me off! haha