Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG insurgency server ban

=VG= 1Sg.Morrison

Hi i?ve been a member for some time now, although i haven?t been very active on the website i?ve been pretty active on the Arma server.
i got banned for using the =VG= tag at the front of my name "impersonating VG member" or something, did i miss a thread about earning the right to use the =VG= tag or something?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant war VG if you are not VG, and to be VG you have to be recomended by a member, and to be recomend you have to be active in the web, ts3 and servers, also be resposable.

To sum up, you cant use VG tags, it is a ban reason, but since you seem to ignore it i guess the unban will be studied, just wait the admin who ban you.

That is true, i played on the server allot without the tag, but then i decided that i should probably just use the tag, since i thought that i was a member of VG, boy was that a bad idea:)
I am sorry that i missed that post about membership.
Ill be more active from now on, since school is coming to an end and ill have more time:D

Okay, I'm gonna give you a pass on this one. Welcome to the site! And welcome to online gaming - in all types of games on all systems from PC to PS3, and all inbetween, players group up through Voice Coms (like TS3), and form "Clans". No gamer "joins" a clan simply by throwing on tags, but I do understand the misconception (if any of us can remember so far back to before we had a clue about any of this).

Get yourself a headset microphone, and really get into the games. Make friends, and talk. Online gaming is more than text chat while in a game. You can make life long connections and "best" friends, and maybe even join a "clan" that shares your values and gameplay style.

I am removing the ban I placed on you, but will be keeping an eye on all associated names you use everywhere in Arma to be sure this is not a trend and not a deception of some sort. I will always give anyone the benefit of the doubt, just don't make a doubting fool out of me.
!cool

You should also note that many game servers have rules, some standard between them all (like "No Teamkilling", meaning don't kill members of your own faction in game) Accidents may happen, so just be careful. I recommend you read ours so that no more misunderstandings arise:

VETERANS-GAMING Arma Rules

See you around!

• 5 months later...
Hazte wrote ...
Hello, my name is Brandon aka. Hazte in ArmA - I was banned for "Griefing" stated by admin.

I'm not going to try to justify my actions in any way, just going to say what exactly happened.

I was playing in the Insurgency server with a few friends. After a while a couple of those guys got bored, Silence and tsmHicks... Silence was crashing the helicopter often and tsmHicks was spawning and blowing teammates with Satchel Charges. After those two got banned I was the last to partake in those actions but was wrong none the less.

I cannot speak for those two but as for myself... Well before that escapade I was playing 100% legit and having fun. I really enjoy playing on your server and would like the opportunity to do so once again. I apologize for those actions and promise to never commit such acts again. I will play the game as it is meant to be played, follow all rules, and listen to the admins without hesitation.

I understand my wrongs in this and hope we can come to an understanding - if not I will also understand and gladly accept the permanent ban as a final decision.

Thanks,

Brandon aka. Hazte (H4zt3)

Things happen. It's why we have an unban forum section, where you can state your case. We will get on this, but could you please copy and repost this in your own unban thread here:

http://veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?217

(or if that link is porked:
http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?217 )

I kinda want to lock this one for posterity, as you can see, even people who have eventually made it into our clan as a trusted and welcomed member may have at one point been banned for one reason or another. We police our servers as best we can, but sometimes people get lumped together or banned hastily to regain control over a server.
(technically, we should have had this particular thread locked already...)

I'm locking this thread, please re-post and also include a date or approximate date of the incident in question.

Follow these guidelines:
BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

If you would like to Appeal your Ban, please provide the following information:

1. Reason you were banned
2. Personal Statement ( Why should we unban you? )
3. What Server(s)?
4. Banned Username

As a courtesy we look into all unban requests. The nature of the offense and the information you provide in your personal statement will determine the final outcome of your Appeal. (the admin who banned you must also agree to the terms)

We try to resolve all bans within 72 hours of the Appeal.

All unbanned individuals will be placed on a watch list for 30 days. If any further issues occur during this time, your Ban will be reinstated and any future appeals will be denied...permanently.

Thank you

/locked