Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] Got a Smart Phone? Which one? Don't Have One?

=VG= SemlerPDX

I've been getting into the idea of making Smart Phone Apps for VG that may connect gamer website content and even function in real-time with the game being played. I'm sure that even Arma 2 and the upcoming Arma 3 will allow for many functional apps for Smart Phones and Tablets, and I'd like to get an idea of what kinds of mobile platforms this gaming community and it's friends are currently using.

I've got a real POS that I got on sale, a Huawei Ascend M860 (Android) on a Cricket wireless network. A terrible example, and as it's not even 4G, don't be ashamed of your tech - I've already set the bar as low as it can go for a "Smart" Phone.
So what does everyone else have these days?

Be sure to post up your model number - versions can vary in one product name! (usually found under Settings)

**EDIT: IF YOU DON"T HAVE ONE - POLL IT! I also want to get an idea of how many even have these phones! thanks!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

GT-I9300 aka Samsung galaxy s3

same here. actually mine's a samsung-sgh-l747

also i was thinking about maybe doing something like this but i dont know java and didnt know what to make. ive got shitloads of time this summer and learning java couldnt hurt so if you want help just let me know.

Terremer =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

also i was thinking about maybe doing something like this but i dont know java and didnt know what to make. ive got shitloads of time this summer and learning java couldnt hurt so if you want help just let me know.

I'm in TeamSpeak today, down in Coding channel creating an outline for this Arma gear selection app idea, and will make a proper project post later. With Java, it's not hard to make it work on Smart Phones and in a website, too, if I am not mistaken.

I appreciate all the info on phones! Keep it coming!

My phone was lost/stolen at a wedding recently. Went with dad to get a phone, got some LG C395 slider texting phone instead. Specifically decided not to get a smart phone because cost and chances of getting it lost.

But hey, mine works. It's small, can text fast, and fits in most magazine pouches which means I can wear my phone down my leg near my foot which helps when you're a student like me and sit down in small scrunchy chairs a lot. I can also draw it quicker than trying to ferret it out of jeans pockets too.

• 10 years later...