Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VETERANS-GAMING Video Contest

=VG= BLuDKLoT

This month we're featuring a new contest! We want you to make our next gaming trailer!

Grand Prize will be a $75 PayPal Credit!

1. Create a video trailer about us! (5 minute max.)
2. Get it uploaded to our YouTube page
3. Post your video in this thread
4. All content must be VG related...Duh (music ok)
5. Contest Ends May 31st, 12:00am PST GMT-7 (1 entry per site member)
(You must also provide VG with a download link to your video)

After the contest ends we'll post a vote, the vote will run for as long, or as little as it takes to determine a winner. This vote may or may not be public (may be restricted to clan members only), but the intent is to allow all site members to vote on their favorite. The winner will receive a $75 prize, the losers get nothing. VG reserves the right to use your video whether you win or lose. Only one entry per site member allowed. We must receive at least 3 entries or this contest becomes invalidated and will be carried forward to the next month (June).
We reserve the the right to change the rules, cancel the contest, or modify any of these terms throughout the duration of this contest as required.
Good luck to those who submit!

Sample vids

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Eclipse002 LAN_WROTE ...

Blud... or anyone else...what does one need (read a dumb idiot like me ) need to make a good video?
What programs are needed?

haha you're funny man! Pretty much I use Fraps www.fraps.com and windows live movie maker for all my vids. Then you just record the stuff you want, then you can edit it in movie maker. You just need to be sure you capture your vid in HD if you can, so it looks good after uploading to youtube. You'll need to experiment and make a few vids before you get the hang of it, but it's not hard to do. Chaz is the Spielberg here so maybe he has more to offer.

s/f

I use Sony Vegas for video editing. I'll admit that I use a "free" version if you catch my drift. !winker

I'm far from a Spielberg or artistic for that matter. I just get inspiration from other videos and try a mix of everything. I'll post something later. Need sleep.

I am also working on a video! FRAPS is the best program to capture your in-game footage and then use video editing software to create and render out your compositions.

I have been using Sony Vegas for a while now but I just got Adobe After Effect CS 5.5 and I need to re-learn some stuff. I may be able to make the deadline if I knuckle-down and just get it done but can't promise anything.

PS Chaz,
Those "Free" versions are great aren't they!

• 2 months later...
@Eclipse, Yep! Just need something to capture and something to assemble the bits with titles and transitions....after that, your imagination is the limit.

Where's the videos Chaz and Bones were gonna submit back in May?! I would love to put my Insurgency video up for this contest. Please, bring some more submissions asap!!

!mental

The file is 345MB and is MP4. I would prefer to provide the download link of the original file to BLuDKLoT securely, and have the public that can view this thread watch it through YouTube, if that's okay.

1. Create a video trailer about us! (5 minute max.)
2. Get it uploaded to our YouTube page (you are making a video for our youtube page)
3. Post your video in this thread
4. All content must be VG related...Duh (music ok)
5. Contest Ends May 31st, 12:00am PST GMT-7 (1 entry per site member)
(You must also provide VG with a download link to your video)