Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

CLAfghan To-Do list: Editors, Pick an Item if you wish to help!

=VG= SemlerPDX

From CLAfghan Project Docs:

Here is our project team list of to-do's.
I decided to make it public on the off chance that someone other than PITN, Savage, or Poffadder may wish to work on a part of our project.

Have fun!

SemlerPDX is working on: ILS system, Snipers can take off/put on Ghillie suit(unit type switch between FAC and Sniper/Spotter class) Adding tasking system to Aircraft. Squad Compositions and start locations (including RESPAWN WEST location) completely changing, along with ?teleport flags?.

SemlerPDX would rather work on/get onto: If you would like to help, grab one of these and have some fun!

Pick one, copy paste to your ?is working on?:

The ?simultaneous side missions? project for Crewmen and Pilots (and maybe snipers, too!!

IED?s ; Add ?puzzle solve? diffuse to IED?s instead of just scroll menu click

Tanks to have uphill ?turbo? : examine STO scripts and apply to tanks in such that tank can always accelerate to 40 and after that speed the turbo kicks off again (if needed, set it as a scroll menu switch i.e.: Uphill Turbo On, and it just turns off after a bit).

Tanks to have FLIR for Driver, only while inside, not 3rd person. Vehicle FLIR script on Armaholic is good example.

Tank Gunner to have control of ?parking brakes? - make it so he can inhibit driver from moving while he?s aiming

Tank missions for sub-tasking (dTRON and Que): what, where, how many? Same for snipers - what where, how many? Keep it simple - loc = random logic location per task type; (already added the just assume each has 6-10, I?ll paste in their names into your scripts= make an array with dummy names forthe loc types); spawn _x typeOf _y; create marker and task for local player, give the spawned enemies a waypoint or not depending on task/player type.

Increase the bleedout time - players dying just as help arrives cuz map is so big - give it another 30-45 seconds

The Littlebird is the ?new? scout chopper for the vanilla version, obviously we?ll be using the Kiowa in the addon version. For now, I think we could script some fun additions to the AH-J6. If we can?t script a LASER as a weapon, how about giving the Co-Pilot or Pilot use of the SOFLAM designator? Just a thought...check in the LDL systems for ideas and proof of concept testing.

JETS to have Retro Rockets or Brakes - examine STO script for examples of velocity manipulation

Mid Air Refuel Tanker with flagpole out it?s bum to simulate the refuel boom. can be animated using a loop and increasing ?setPos? to extend it from C-130

Switch for A-10 textures. This is for the Addon Version, as tex files are as big as the entire mission. Need a switch menu, though. eventually.

All can construct basic burm or sand bag emplacement
More construction options basedon #players near SL? Check camo deploy scripts under scripts for ways and means

RMM_NVG Still not working?! Add as addaction when button "N" pushed for fuck sake! or something....geez!

Player IR Strobes are disappearing after RSPWN

Vehicles to have Tire Repair Scripts

Tanks can be fixed to some extent by Crewmen - not engine!

Players can bandage, lasts for 5? minutes, then health returns to previous or at least 30%(use if/then or switch).
example: Make it an ?addaction? if health is at/above 0.01?.
_player = this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;
_remHealth = player (get his health syntax); player setDamage 0;
sleep 300;
player setDamage _remHealth;
remove action _id;

BlackHawk Down Mission - make wreck burning, give pilot smoke at pos or ir strobe at/near pilot

Apache no ammo unless 2 pos are MP players - i may need to do this one, as you guys don?t have dTron and Que scripts yet (and a mission sqm with their logics)

BAF Aircraft - lets get a few on the list for the BAF enthusiasts. I don?t really care about ceiling and crap, they can use valleys at their own risk.

Change deploy distance of Rally Points from AO: current 600; proposed: 300

Addon Version Note: As soon as these taskings and Que memory functions are complete, addon version is getting built - as in within 1 month. Need to finalize our content for the ?VGMod? pack. which Fighter Jet to use, necessary weapons functions and loadouts chosen, and any other mod type addon. We will have our own custom skins addon pack for all air and land vehicles, and will be increasing use of voice actors , music and sound effects to replace many hints, parsetext formats, and title cut messages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWEST UPDATE!!

Air Traffic Control and Sub-Mission Tasking framework complete! Final testing tomorrow morning, live server testing to follow shortly thereafter!

It recognizes the player, for example, Pilot player slot 1, gives them a wing name and wing numbers, waits until they are in an aircraft and identifies it, assigns a callsign, and directs the player through takeoff, mission direction (away from the main AO), and directs them through the pattern entry upon return to the airfield.

There, it checks fuel and damage levels (to offer emergency landing option if appropriate), and if the approach is clear of other aircraft, directs them through landing, service or parking, and back to takeoff.

If the approach is not clear, it directs the player back through the ATC pattern, until the it becomes clear.
All current "contact" with ATC is via text, but as soon as I publish voice scripts, and get volunteer content, this will be handled by multi-lingual vocalization, like most flight/fighter sim games.

Direction even a new player can follow, and that flight sim vets will appreciate!

Upon landing and before takeoff, a pilot data sheet is displayed including number of sorties flown, and other dynamic information. Helpful options are now available during flight, including view distance and terrain detail adjusment, and upon takeoff, you will not "accidently" be able to eject when trying to put your gear and flaps up anymore!! ;)

No pilot is grouped with any other pilot, you will never see "flying green diamonds" in the air, this is one tiny level of realism I would like to enforce on our server and our mission, only for pilots.

I will have the "voice actors" script written up and posted on the VG forums first thing tomorrow morning, and at this time, more realistically, I can say we'll have a full working "next" version up in less than 48 hours, even if we have to continue with text and not voice acting while that is implemented.

Here's a picture of the scripts that make it happen, the meat of it: Landing:

^ Wow man that is awesome. Quick question... how is the frame rate on the server with all this stuff in the mission? Does it still run smooth?

Things I will look at:

- Tire fix scripts

- IR strobes disappearing - I've seen this before with respawn scripts that collect the players weapons/items on death and puts them back with the player when they respawn.. so what might be happening is the loadout part of the respawn script is actually moving the IR strobe (or more likely deleting it and respawning it) from it's location back to the player. Not sure if there is a way around this that won't be a pain-in-the-ass to implement.

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Quick question... how is the frame rate on the server with all this stuff in the mission? Does it still run smooth?

Frame Rate is not dictated by number of stuff in mission, but how it exists and where. None of this effects frame rate on the server, because as far as it's concerned, nothing has changed except 20 empty Game Logic Locations have been added. As I've come to understand scripting, that should not affect any change. Most ever single fix and addition runs on player side, and runs well. Some of these scripts are very correctly named that, scripts. They conduct like a musical piece, in time, (one at a time) on the players machine as he interacts with the world that is CLAfghan. When they are finished, they move to the next script or terminate. Most have self fixing segments and redundancy to ensure smooth running over the course of, say, a 20 hour gaming session.

I am indeed making this mission with a passion to play it as well. !spite

I've gone back and applied these methods to my graceful teleport scripts, here's an example of where the player is teleported to the "SEFlag" which is the Blackhawk MEV. Now, before that happens, the server grabs the "SEFlag" and put's it where it's supposed to be, the new Game Logic "SEFlag_1" placed where it spawns:

titleCut ["", "BLACK OUT", 4];<br />sleep 5;<br />player action ["getOut", TCFlag];<br />sleep 1;<br />SEFlag setPos [(getpos SEFlag_1 select 0)+0,(getpos SEFlag_1 select 1)+0,(getpos SEFlag_1 select 2)+0];<br />sleep 1;<br />SEFlag setDir ((direction SEFlag_1) +0);<br />sleep 2;<br />player setPos [(getpos SEFlag select 0)+0,(getpos SEFlag select 1)+2,(getpos SEFlag select 2)+0];<br />sleep 1;<br />player action ["getInCargo", SEFlag];

All these Game Logics merely allow us to add so much Dynamics to the mission, without needless enemy units placed in the editor that the server has to handle. The allow us to add items that don't exist on the server when it starts, and even to add client-side items, too. A good self-fixing script knows when the player is outside it's parameters, "off-script" i guess, and removes all markers or necessary parts that script was to use, were the player to go through it (land, move to created marker, etc.)

I look forward to uploading it as soon as I have these last tidbits added (civis, my bandage script, ...)

As requested by Selmer:

Joining with Operation Arrowhead ONLY I get:

Missing addons detected:
caweapons_ammoboxes

I'm not sure if Arma lists all the missing addons in the RPT file or just the first one it finds?

Attached is my RPT file
rpt.rar

Just some notes/suggestions from other players or things I've noticed:

Feb 17
- smaller map marker text?
- 7Cav Aspire.D reported his humvee was 'warping' ahead when he went to stop (like 1m).. only noticed on the humvee and only since update yesterday (maybe just low server FPS?)
- sign text needs updating (relocation info, edit dates, etc)
- OPFOR patrols no NVG googles
- Training area - Independents cannot relocate (ie: Go to Rifle Range)..nothing happens
- Debug FLclear is True text in top right - what is this?
- Relocate to Camp Branca - teleports player to south part of camp..can this be changed to more in the middle of the camp
- Teleport truck stuck in middle of road in camp