Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

TFOR Clafghan Coop Wishlist and ideas. No discussion here.

PITN

Wishlist considerations and update:

RE: British vehicles for BAF Pilots - I'd rather cater to the desires of players rather than default on "what was deployed where IRL". BAF air vehicles officially added to Wishlist and will be incorporated somehow, if only just one or two or British varients (CH-47).

Addon version (i.e. to include F16/F18/GLT/Mando and whatever else we agree on, is a BIT far off READ: more than 2 weeks)

Current Version *update* (RC 0.95) is the current WIP, requires NO addons, should only require Operation Arrowhead, and map CLAfghan; no Arma 2 vanilla elements (sadly, no USMC units or Cobra)

[EDIT: I love the Cobra, trivia nut on it's history, and WILL be making a USMC version of this map in the future eventually. Original goal was for MOST open "joinability" version with the public masses in mind, barring no one via game version]

RELEASE ESTIMATE RC 0.95: Weekend of 1/27/2012

And, YES, the Camp Branca "teleport flag" UH60 has been locked in an Iron Maiden during the WIP for his crimes; will be released upon version release - if he survives my torture. !crazy

Many of your wishlist items are incorporated, non-addons that is.

Keep it comin, guys!
!hi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? MRAP will be added. Did you miss something? Vanilla version cannot support such file size, so it will be part of the addon version.
Have you played the mission barclay? Artillery usage is via Platoon Leader, chain of command calls up to him. No point and click artillery will be included.
Could use some help with the heavy lifting, as I've blown right past the estimated release date.
Minor setbacks compound other minor setbacks, but is learning experience for certain. Further projects will have the benefit of knowledge and past techniques. This is a sort of framework, afterall.

The sooner this framework is finished, it can be ported to ACE, ACRE, made to use addons instead of stock vehicles and AI's, all that... First things first.

back to work....

• 2 weeks later...
Dave22644 =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Some people don't really like the new squad layout and want it to be put back the way it was or changed up to ones that make sense, like two US army units, the US special forces unit, the marine sniper and US army sniper, two armor units and three pilots. have had people wanting me to restart the server back to the previous patch, other then that things seem to be good.

Noted. I want to cater to the players with this, what they expect and what will work.

Currently, the ground troops are in 2 squads, with 2 fireteams each. One squad is an Anti-Armor Squad, and the other is a Machinegun Squad. Each squad has one medic, and one engineer. I used this image as a basic guide, though Arma would be perfect for it, but if players want small squads with 0 fireteams, I can make that happen.

I also found this helpful, and modeled the structure after it:

I'll spend some time on the server today and tomorrow. I'd like to see how it plays out.
This is the reason for the Release Candidate, so that we can find bugs and configuration issues before we set back and relax.
Thank you for the input, Dave! It is well noted, (though not going to be fun...squad structure is one of the hardest, most tedious and repetitive things to re-work in the entire mission!!)
!cheers

I think the new squad structure makes sense and may encourage people to work together as you're more likely to be in a squad with others rather than joining a squad on your own because that has the role you want.

Also don't really see any drawback from the new merged squads.

I'd be fine with the idea of having them more uniform though, ie one squad of a us army fireteam + us spec ops fireteam and one squad of baf fireteams or the de/cz fireteams.

I like Sem's idea bu the implementation in arma doesn't work right. was thinking about the F2 farmework, shack attack hud and proper FT management. If I could keep these units seperate and just tlink the FT's to the SL then it would be awesome.

SL
Medic

Grenadier FT Leader
MG
AMG
AT

Grenadier / FT Leader
AR
AAR
AT

THe idea is the SL and FT groups are SEPERATE in the missions SQM but are linked on JIP to the SL group and color coded in shackattack hud. Reference is arma:pr. THeir solution was to sepereate all soldiers and they JOIN a fire team then the SL makes the seperate groups and color codes them, I'd rather this process was automated and the players are forced into specific roles. i.e. MG AT etc.

Now if I could just figure out how to make this happen without user input....

Squad organization has been returned to default/previous setup. A few slots are still out of place, but will be ordered correctly soon, with the next Hotfix for the RC of 0.95. We still have much testing to do, but with PITN's help this morning, we have knocked out or identified nearly all of the bugs and tweaks we want to do. I just need to put "pen to paper". First, a little more time playing the mission for me....
!cp

Addon that gives the CAS pilot more information and options.
Also made my own video about it, too much noise from the A-10 so just skipped that but proved that you can get it setup clientside in less than 5minutes.

----

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129707-Blake-s-PINS-%28Pseudo-Inertial-Navigation-System%29-and-Bombing&highlight=Blake%27s+PINS+Bombing.+V0.5+Alpha

Food for thought?

Edit-PITN embed video.

We will be including this mod, it has already been discussed. We also want to ensure that we have a "RECON" class of helicopter for a special set of side missions just for it. In Vanilla, it will be the AH-J6, to have a Laser Designator and IR/NVG as showin in PINS. I guess if we have to settle, it will wait for the Addon Version, but then again, I've never been one to settle - I've been told already the things I've proposed should be addons, but I want to do as much initially in the Vanilla version for the public and the masses of Arma players who do not use mods (yet).

Downed Pilot/Destroy Blackhawk mission:
Think others have mentioned that finding the blackhawk can be a pain, perhaps have a ? appear on the map in the general area of the bh once the pilot has been captured. (eg ? shows BH is within 50m or 100m)

Plt Ldr - I think it would make the role more attractive if he could requisition the chinook (or blackhawk if it can lift the stryker mev). I know he can use the static ones but would just be easier using the req area.

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

We will be including this mod, it has already been discussed. We also want to ensure that we have a "RECON" class of helicopter for a special set of side missions just for it. In Vanilla, it will be the AH-J6, to have a Laser Designator and IR/NVG as showin in PINS. I guess if we have to settle, it will wait for the Addon Version, but then again, I've never been one to settle - I've been told already the things I've proposed should be addons, but I want to do as much initially in the Vanilla version for the public and the masses of Arma players who do not use mods (yet).

I forgot to mention, Blake's addon is mostly client side.
But you do need one line in the init script for camera and another one for laser, attack designation works without having those two enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't want people to have to download a 4 GB mission, but we could test it and see. If we kept updates to once every several months and found a way to change addons back to included scripts, I guess anything is possible.

Just, how long do you want someone with slow internet to wait before the mission DL's to their pc?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest airbornealways
Training Area.

Scroll Wheel option at Ammo Create to load you with the weapon for that range.

Is it possible?? yes as I know of others using this on their training maps. Not knowing anything about map editing, I am unsure of how this is done but I am sure if I WAS able to reverse engineer the map I could figure it out.

Pro - for just basic understanding of how to use the weapons and range everyone gets a set weapons. Speeds up time after arrival at said range.

Con - none immediately come to mind as training practice ranges are for learning to become better.

(If needed I can host a map that had this type of scripting)