Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

TFOR Clafghan Coop Wishlist and ideas. No discussion here.

PITN

Placeholder. WIP

This thread is for the everyone to post ideas and wishes that you would like to see added/removed from the mission TFOR Clafghan =VG=.
Do not post unless you have an idea to be added or removed from the VG version of the TFOR mission we are developing for the Clafghan map.
Please keep all discussions about these ideas in the South Airbase thread. We will be updating the first post reqularly to keep everyone informed.

Gameplay
Mission is currently based on the OA, BAF, and PMC units. Combined Ops/Vanilla A2 willl be supported later.

Factions
BLUFOR
  • US
  • US:SF
  • ACR
  • KSK
  • RU

OPFOR
  • Taki Militia
  • Taki Insurgents

Civillians
  • Currently broken

Vehicles
  • US
  • Taki

MIssions
  • A high level meeting is taking place in _town. Locate the meeting place and call in an airstrike. After the strike secure the area, search for intel, and collect DNA samples. Move to extraction point and return to main. Enemy patrols will respond.
  • (Pilot Only) Transport supplies from main to static FOB/Base.

Wishlist
  • F16 from addon GLT_F16_v1.01 (Or it's future replacement.)
  • GLT JAS39 (Low detail model. Will not be considered.)
  • F18 mar_2MAW_V1.8 (I am looking for a good model. The 2MAW model isn't all that great.)
  • MRAP from addon Maxxpro_v1.9999 -Need to test issues with AI not firing RPGs.
  • C130 cargo
  • Squad management system like Domination
  • Fastropes from addon ad_helos_arma2_v1.5
  • PMC units
  • BAF Vehicles/Aircraft

Crazy Ideas
  • Clafghan life done the VG way.
  • Pilot missions seperate from Infantry main AO missions.
  • Air Traffic Control

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
and compare that with the Chinook.

anyway, like OP said no discussion here :\

i for one would like to see an easier method of changing loadouts, as going to the armory is quite strung out and 95% of the time does not work for me, and all i can pick up from every one of the ammo boxes is M240 ammo drums lol. so possibly review that imo

Wishlist Incorporation Status Report:

C130J has been vastly improved. It has nosewheel steering now, can seat every player in the server as well as load a vehicle into it's bay to be paradroped into the field. Soon, it's bluish-green "cabin light" in the rear will be switchable by pilot to Red, Blinking Green, and Solid Green on command.
It currently has a RATO system, but sadly I haven't found a way to animate this without a mod (yet). It kicks in when your ground speed is >45 and boosts you just like STO should. turns off after TO.
It has ILS (instrument landing system) approach for Runway 33 currently, but is not the way it will be in final version - just a taste.
Tested, built, and soon to be added: ILS is pretty much like Falcon 4, or any flight sim; but is also optional (nothing is gonna stop you from violating ATC procedure, but "Que" will know, and tell you!)

Tasking for "cargo drop side missions", and all such things are now being routed through my dynamic tasking and resource operations network script. It works in conjunction with queried user elements scripts ("Que") which remember everything about any player that joins and plays on the mission while it is running. (in future, Que will remember all even upon Server Restart)

Am about 1200 lines into tasking script, only a page or two into Que's scripts, and ILS/ATC overhaul is nearly just plug-and-play once I wrap up a few other contingent scripts for it.

example of Pilot/PlayablePilotSlotID/UserID/SessionID for server to remember about each Pilot slot:
 //check if player has already recieved data disc<br />if(time > 60) then {<br />    [player] execVM (Task_Aperture+"checkForDisc.sqf");<br />    waitUntil {(checkForDisc = true)};<br />    if((checkForDisc = true) && (hasDisc = true)) exitWith {<br />        [player] execVM (Task_Aperture+"processDisc.sqf");<br />    };<br />};<br /><br />//Flight Number Assignment<br />_wingNumbers = "";<br />if(_diffP1 == 0) then{<br />    _wingNumbers = "11";<br />    _sessionID = round (random 999999);<br />    _playerUID = (parseNumber(getPlayerUID player));<br />    _discNumber = (_playerUID + _sessionID);<br />    Assigned_Disc = [player, _discNumber, time];<br />}else {

I could add some other Heli's after a bit of testing, like the Lynx. You could do this testing, too! Open Single Player Editor, with CLAfghan as the Map. Place down a player(Officer is BEST! has GPS), and a Lynx, or any chopper. Go on a flight. Find it's true ceiling.

If you press Map, you can see a GPS unit that shows Direction and Above Sea Level altitude. The sea level altitude of South Airfield is 641m. The Chinook performs well, and has many S to N routes, other heli's are restricted to certain valleys.

PMC to be added after current factions and tasking is stable and established.

Will have a Squad/Group system in the spirit of Domi, and awesome team games like Project Reality. Is part of the tasking scripts and Que - current WIP. (have been working on this one for some time, as I want to be able to see who is who, and their roles ingame)

I wish to have Civilians. Just this standard BIS Module is fine, I got the animals to work,but.... ANYONE! PLEASE! HELP! DL the mission, get the damn civi's to work! From what I hear, something must be done for each "MAP", as in CLAfghan. I hit a wall, moved on to more important things.

CANNOT use the GLT F-16; it has been pulled from public download at request of authors, and we'd be dicks to use it and require it. We will use his FA-18 Hornet Addon instead for the Addon version of this mission. And the MRAP, too!

Pilot Missions will be separate from main AO. BUT - Soldiers can call for CAP, CAS, TRANS, and MEDIVAC. If no Human Pilots, will be AI responding, otherwise, current pilots (in appropriate vehicle) will recieve the notice (like a supply request as Platoon Leader gets) to respond, and waypoints will be added/tasks added to Pilot. (90 percent done with this script)

You wished for it, I did too. Coming this week or next:
FULL ATC - From taxi to takeoff, to your return to the outer marker and subsequent landing, ATC will guide you through the pattern, and place you in order of Landing; ATC will fully orchestrate all pilots in a dynamic and ambient automated system - multi-lingual voice over radio, or text only. If you are in a A-10 as the UK Pilot Team Leader, your callsign will change to Hog31. If you switched to a Chinook, you will then be refered to as Buffalo31 by ATC.

Outside the outer marker, you will interact with AWACS who can direct you (or warn you) of the nearest known threat, Identify Friend or Foe, Get weather Info, or direct you to the Tanker for Mid-Air refueling.

--->Why are you going to the armory Murderface, why is this on the wishlist? You already have a wicked set of Preset Loadouts available where you spawn, I just added pistols to many, and new backpacks. AND all the ammo crates in the Armory are the same: have 247 of each and every weapon, ammo, and item in the game. Make a proper bug report elsewhere if you truly cannot arm at the armory, not here.

If you have a Loadout Wishlist item, tell me what kit you use, each item - I'll add it to the current Preset Loadouts available. Chances are, others will also like that kit setup.

If you wish it, I will make it happen.

Thank you all for the continued input and ideas! This is gonna be the BEST mission!

s/f

it is an option which i would like to utilize seeing as it's there. the pre-sets are sweet, 99% of the time i use them :) it's just when i want a laser deg that the juggling begins.

btw Semler thanks for your undying efforts for this map, it's really forming into something awesome, your work is understated and greatly appreciated!

Keep thread on topic. This thread is to ask for things that you would like to see in the mission. Wether it will be included in the mission is another matter. Please discuss the pros and cons in a seperate thread. i.e. How high can a lynx fly?

As for the F16 I have had the files for several months. So I don''t see a problem using the older 1.01 version. I see that some people had a falling out and that resulted in people not wanting to share their toys anymore which is unfortunate. Frankly good mods get tossed in the trash over hurt feelings and personally if you released it to an open commmunity then it becomes open source as long as you do not plagerize it. END OF RANT.

However, the JAS39 may be a valid replacement. AS such I will add the F18 and JAS39 to the wishlist as considerations that MAY be implemented in the future

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Wishlist Incorporation Status Report:

I wish to have Civilians. Just this standard BIS Module is fine, I got the animals to work,but.... ANYONE! PLEASE! HELP! DL the mission, get the damn civi's to work! From what I hear, something must be done for each "MAP", as in CLAfghan. I hit a wall, moved on to more important things.

If I'm not mistaken cities need to be defined on custom maps for the civilians to work.. but I'm pretty sure they are already with Clafghan. I'll do some more digging and see what I can come up with.

..and yes excellent work on this Semler.. just wish I had more time to help out

Yeah I thought so.. otherwise most of the missions wouldn't work at all. I'll try and hit you up on TS3 later today to see what you've tried already.

Edit: I'm able to get civilians and civ vehicles into Clafghan by using a work-around (game logics for city centers).. I'd like to add a few of the bigger towns with civs and see how that runs on the server so that we don't kill FPS

GLT Missilebox for different loadouts on fixed wing aircraft and better Hellfires/Hydras on rotary. We would need GLT Missilebox for the updated F 16 anyway. (possibly Mando Missiles too)

I would like to suggest the OH-58D for the scout role(They are able to operate at high altitude and high temp.)

Just a side note, the Wildcat(Lynx) is a maritime platform and can only operate up to 10,000 ft(far too low).

I would like to see US Marines Cobra Attack Helicopter as one of the Aircraft to be able to use. That would be pretty fun. Also there isn't much in the form of BAF (British) aircraft/vehicles either and from what my British friends said when they joined the server it was sad to see all they had to use was american things yet they were playing as BAF units.

---- Also haha, not to get off topic, BUT would like to see more info on the thread about when this *update* will be instated and what as for mods and files will need to be downloaded in order to run the missions correctly with the new wishes -----

We can't use the GLT F-16 because we can't host it. We would have to wait until the new GLT(FRL) F-16 gets released with it's new model by RKSL. The new release will require the Missilebox.

Now back to my suggestion I would like to use the Misslebox's modded A-10 (GPS/INS system) and the laser guided Mavericks and Hellfires, along with a few other small things.

The Kiowa is a tiny file (less than 10 MB) and is very fun to fly.