Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BOT skill level.

KCCOjesusaves4180

It appears that the bot skill level has been increased. The increase is really too much and a bunch of the players are complaining myself included. I would ask that the change be reconsidered please. We go to your bot server just because we love tearing the BOTS up. Done ranting and thank you for the server it truly is fun.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balancing is not easy, settings are static and cannot change dynamically during a game.

BF2 bots are totally dumb, they have 0 tactics, and their only defence is their accuracy.

Having easy settings is fine for low population, but way to easy for medium and full population.

And on the flip side, having hard settings still gives a challenge for a full server, but low populations have an impossible task without teamwork.

There is no "perfect balance"

PR is all about the teamwork, and using that there shouldn't be any problem completing any map. (they are only dumb bots, and your squad has 8 brains)

Robotfungus =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Having easy settings is fine for low population, but way to easy for medium and full population.

And on the flip side, having hard settings still gives a challenge for a full server, but low populations have an impossible task without teamwork.

Having played enough time on the server, I can say that with the original unchanged difficulty that it is somewhat too easy to accomplish success with little challenges. much like what RobotFungus said.

The sense of fun goes away once we reach 32/32 players on the server. We just play casually and nothing ever REALLY happens, cap flag, kill some guys, cap another flag, kill some more guys, End of round, play next time.

Then something happened, I actually had some real fun against challenging bots for the first time in 3 months.

In my opinion, I think the change is good. But the way most others feel that it is too high. But that's simply because we've never been exposed to the harder bots.

The increase in difficulty, should be viewed as what it is...an increase in difficulty. Us veterans can relate to that, but with the different views of opinion, as Melon stated is stemmed from opinions from new players and opinions from veterans. I believe the increase in difficulty makes game play more realistic hence the name of the game, "Project Reality". I can understand the point of view from jesus, but Melon is right...the increase in difficulty would make you dig deeper into strategies and tactics. Think of it like playing deployment with out the human OPFOR. I for one like it. :)

Heya...

I have to agree with Robot, there comes two sides of change with the increase, and a perfect balance is impossible (unfortunately).

If there is enough "skilled" players, its still fine and u mostly enjoy the game.

But if there is not enough players on the server (wich is common cause of the frequent server-crashes), there is just no more fun at all, cause u fight against about 40 ChuckNorris Bots, and u get frustrated very fast...

I also have to disagree with Schilling (sorry mate^^) ...

Schilling said:
" I believe the increase in difficulty makes game play more realistic hence the name of the game, "Project Reality "

The fact that the bots now act even more cyborg-like, that they can pop out around a corner and emedietly can shoot 100% accurate with RPGs or rifles while we humans have to wait a specific amount of time until we even can hit shit, dont make the game more realistic in the sence of PR ;)

Love&Hugs,
Don

I've seen the bots missing just as much as they hit, where im coming from (Yes the cursed other world of arma) These guys are quite inaccurate. People will learn to deal with it, people will become more skilled and you'll find it more enjoyable. You've just got to get used to the bots actually providing a decent level of fight. I'm gonna agree with schilling, the bots should be able to react just as fast as we can sometimes maybe faster. You'd not always face a guy who is slow, not always one who is fast. I Think is quite perfect actually.