Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Space Engineers: Troubleshooting and Tweaks

Opiak

Hey guys, girls, things and thongs.
This threads here (on recommendation by SemlerPDX, thank you Orracis and m823us for making me re-read the shout box to see that.) for people to give solutions to, or get help with Space Engineers and their problems within.

Let's start, shall we?
I've had Space Engineers since release. Back then, I was running (Same video card mind you) a Pentium 4, Single core CPU, Windows XP and 1gb of RAM. I got a steady 15-25 FPS, never dropped lower unless I decided it'd be cool to blow my face off in the game.
Now I re-downloaded it and now, even though everything's upgraded , I'm getting 5< .
Does anyone have any tips, tricks or tweaks to help with improving FPS without the standard "Lower your graphical settings" (I assure you, they are the lowest they're gonna be.)

EDIT 1: Specular map and Shadows seem to be a real killer.

EDIT 2: Asteroids. Major FPS Drops due to those, when I flew out or look away and go 1k out, I'm getting 25+ . If i'm a good 5000 away, I'm getting 50+.

EDIT 3: My Specs are:

SYS. MODEL: HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF PC
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
GPU: ASUS EAH5450 1GBDDR3
RAM: 4GB DDR3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said you have run it on that card before but it doesn't meet the required specs for the game. The Hd 3870 minimum requirement is a somewhat more powerful card then the HD 5450. It's a pain i know, my card holds me back from quite a few games I'd like to play as well.

The rest of your hardware seems to meet the specs.

Space Engineers is bad for that, asteroids and the more objects and blocks you have. Kiwi and I have made a huge base in one game and when we were finished i was down to 1-5 fps when near it, and i was averaging 60+ fps, So maybe with your specs it can play the game but very limited