Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Logitech G940 DCS-A10C Profile

Bones

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eclipse002 LAN_WROTE ...

Bones im thinking about buying the G940...can you reccomend it...i mean like put next to the saiteck X52 PRO?

And the G940 comes with rudder pedals no?

At first I kinda had mixed feelings when I got it and now that I have been using it for the last three months it has grown on me. If you do get it just make sure to update it to the latest firmware (you can get it from Logitechs site) and also get the newest version of the Logitech Profiler software.

I really wanted a split throttle HOTAS and rudder setup and the G940 checked all my wish list boxes with one complete package and the added bonus of being not breaking the bank. When I first started shopping for a new setup I was torn between getting the Thrustmaster Cougar and the G940. While the Cougar would have no doubt been an excellent choice for my Falcon flying (it's an exact replica of the real F-16 HOTAS) it wasn't something I felt could be flexible for my needs as it does not have a split throttle and I would have to make an additional rudder pedal purchase skyrocketing the budget.

The G940 is fully programmable, although the Logitech Profiler does take some getting used to. There are buttons all over this thing and it does have the ability to use shifted key commands and an on the fly 3 position made switch (you can basically have 3 different key commands mapped to the same button). So in total you can have up to 162 different key commands mapped to the HOTAS and that is not including the Hat buttons.

Here is the math breakdown:
18 total buttons x 3 different modes = 54 different buttons
54 different buttons x 3 using the Shifted Key = 162 different key commands/buttons

The split throttle is great if you plan on flying anything with more than one engine as along as the sim supports it. It works great with IL-1946 and now that I have begun my journey in DCS-A10C having a split throttle is a great asset. If the plane you are flying only has a single engine there is a button that locks both throttle to act is one.

The flight stick no the G940 is pretty nice with all your standard buttons along with Trim wheels on the base. It fits nicely in my hands and the base is pretty heavy so no matter how much I am "yanking and banking" it stays in position on my desk. One of the big complaints about the G940 is the fact that there is a little "slop" in the stick. While this is true you can pretty much get rid of it messing around with your in game adjustments as well as the Force Feedback settings in the Logitech Profilier. Now the FF (Force Feedback) is freaking awesome! It simple is awesome being able to "feel" the aircraft. Blasting away with the GAU-8 Avenger 30mm cannon in DCS: A-10C or feeling the distinct "chunk" of that MK-84 bomb fall away in Falcon is something that every digital pilot needs to experience.

The rudder pedals are fantastic, they just feel good. You can adjust the tension to your desired liking and the addition of retractable carpet spikes on the bottom ensure that they do not move around under your feet.

Overall I am a pleased G940 user. There are a lot of disappointed users out there (just do a search in Google) but most of their complaints can be alleviated using both the given sims HOTAS adjustments and the Logitech Profilier. Now that's not saying that it is easy, because it does take some work on your part to get everything feeling how you want it. Also the Profiler is not the most user friendly piece of software but once you "get it" it's not that bad and you will be creating your own profile in no time.

Would I recommend the G940? Absolutely!! Is it the best HOTAS out on the market, probably not but for the given price point, features, and the fact that its a complete flight system right out the box its hard to pass up.

sneaker-78- LAN_WROTE ...

Hi , im interested in you`re profile :D

i had yesterday sent you already a pm :D

Sorry it has taken a while to reply, been busy and as you can see from the lenght of this post it is a process to get this setup. Anyway here it goes.

Here is the link to download the profile. After downloading the file just follow the steps below. Lemme know if you have any trouble.

DCS G940 Profile

1. Start the Logitech Profiler

2. Go to "Profile" and select "Import"

3. Choose the profile that you just downloaded

4. Next go to "Options" and choose "Global Profile Settings"

5. Check the "Apply Persistent Profile" and select DCS A10 profile int he drop down box

6. Now go to the "Global Device Settings" under "Options" and set your desired FF settings, mine are set to 100%, 85%, 85% and leave the "enable Centering Spring" box un-checked.

7. Now start DCS: A-10C settings and make sure to remove all of the G940 entries listed in the commands.

8. Once you have them removed go under "Axis Commands" and set them up like this. To do this just select the block under the appropriate device for the axis you want it to be. For instance if you want to set the Pitch axis just click the box under the Logitech Joystick that lines up with the Pitch Axis on the left side. Next you have to hit Add button and then select the corresponding Axis button identifier from either the picture below or from my settings breakdown.

Here are all of my settings for each axis (click on the axis you want to tweak and then press the "Axis Tune" button)

Pitch = Joy Y (Under Logitech Joystick)

Roll = Joy X (Under Logitech Joystick)

Rudder = RZ (Under Logitech Rudder)

Left Throttle = Joy Y (Under Logitech Throttle)

Right Throttle = Joy X (Under Logitech Throttle)

Left Wheel Brake = Joy X (Under Logitech Rudder)

Right Wheel Brake = Joy Y (Under Logitech Rudder)

HOTAS Slew Horizontal = Joy Slider 2 (Under Logitech Joystick)
12, 100, 30, 30

HOTAS Slew Vertical = Joy Slider 1 (Under Logitech Joystick)
12, 100, 30, 30

If you have any problems just find me on the TS server and I will try to help you out.

SemlerPDX LAN_WROTE ...

I've been shopping for a HOTAS. This one is high on the list, but about the rudder pedals...
Would you say they are correct width, or are they..ahem..(*thigh) busters?
How confined is a real cockpit with regards to leg spacing in comparison?

Honestly I think that Pedals are the best part of the G940! They feel great and their construction is top notch. They are pretty spot on regards to size and the retractable carpet spikes are a nice touch. I have yet to kick them and have them move on me while flying.

Most real cockpits that I have sat in are pretty confined. I would say that the F-16 is the most spacious but then again I have only sat in the F-16, F-14, A7-Corsair, F-18C.

• 3 weeks later...
Bones, I got the profile and set it up. Thanks for all your hard work on it. I have found one issue though, I can't seem to get the TMS to work right. All it dose is adjust the stick like the arrow keys on the key board. but when I hold down the modifier the other functions work as advertised. Am i missing something? Thanks again!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm having a hell of time getting this tow work. I dont know if its my G940, but I think the primary issue is that before I found this I was messing around in the Controls in DCS A10C. Would you mind uploading your config files from DCS? specifically:
G940Joystick.lua
G940Keyboard.lua
G940Pedals.lua
G940Throttle.lua
(I think)

Any help would be appreciated because I dont want to have thrown $550 down the drain for this but cant seem to get it working properly. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have some questions regarding the setup here. (Thanks btw for putting it together, it looks like it is a bit more usable than RedBarons setup)

I installed the profile as indicated in the LGS software, and cleared the Joystick commands. However it appears that the keyboard bindings that were assigned to the joystick are different than those in game (i.e. the view commands in DCS are assigned to what the joystick is assuming is Trim) Is there a list of the commands you have setup for KB, or do you have the .lua setup for the keyboard? If not, thats ok and I can just hunt and peck as I get through it and will post it up later, just hoping to save some time =D

Thanks again.
-[27]