Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Back to Basics (=VG= Hawg Training)

Bones

Ok Gents,

I figure now that I have some time and that I feel reasonably comfortable in the Mighty Hawg it is time to pass on some of my knowledge and experience to those of you who are eager to learn to pilot this deadly beast. I have been testing out some great MP training missions designed by one of the best mission designers of Eagle Dynamics products and I must say that they are top notch work.

I would like to hold a dedicated "Training Night" once a week where I can take up 2 pilots and put them through the basics of the A-10s systems. This is going to be a "first come, first served" type of deal as anymore then two pilots will be too much for me to handle at the same time. My hope, is that once we get a few guys on point then you can start to help out with the training and we can accommodate more people at the same time.

I do have some small requirements that I ask anyone who is thinking about taking me up on this great training experience. I need you guys to get your HOTAS/Controls setup prior to any training. Everyone has a different setup and I can only give you a few recommendations in this area. You need to find what works for you and your rig. I also suggest that you make a print out of all your controls/key commands as there will be quite a few and having that little piece of paper can be a life saver while in flight. Lastly, you need to sit through all the included tutorial missions at least once. I know that they are long and somewhat boring but they will speed your training along, how do you think I learned it!

DRAGON'S TRAINING PACK<---Click to Download

Weapons Training:
This mission is availeble in two versions:
- Weapon Training (at normal daylight)
- Weapon Training @ Night (at dark night)

It's a mission with four target zones with different difficulty levels EASY, MEDIUM, HARD and SHIPS.
Additionally there will be a Tanker and a AWACS for practicing air refuling.

Taget zone EASY (Waypoint 1):
Some unarmed trucks and some Ak-47 Infantry positioned on a X-airfield.
Easy to find and absoluly safe.

Target zone MEDIUM (Waypoint 2):
Some T-80, Zu-23 and BMP-3 at a open field. Not really easy to find and lethal if you are too close.

Target zone HARD (Waypoint 3):
Some SAMs and AAA (Tunguska, Strela, Shilka) in a city. Absolutly hard to find and absolutly lethal if you are not able to handle your aircraft.

Target zone SHIPS (Waypoint 4):
Some Grisha and Rezky ships. Absolutly deadly once your in range.

The availeble Multiplayer-Slots for every target zone are:
4x MK-82
4x MK-82 AIR
4x CBU-97
4x CBU-103
4x GBU-12
4x GBU-38
4x GBU-12 & 38 (mixed)
4x AGM-65 D
4x AGM-65 H
4x AGM-65 H & D (mixed)
4x Hydras
= 44 Slots

Freeflight:
This mission will be availeble in four versions:
- Freeflight (at normal daylight)
- Freeflight @ Night (at dark night)
- Freeflight @ Storm (with heavy wind and thunderstorm)
- Freeflight @ LowVisual (with thick fog and clouds)

It's a mission to practice the startup, taxiing, takeoff and formation flight.
A Tanker and a AWACS will be availeble to practice the air refuling.
There will be some routs to TACAN and ILS airports for practicing the ILS-Landing (also with low visual).

The availabel Multiplayer-Slots are:
Five routs to TACAN and ILS airports each with 4 Slots.
= 20 Slots

JTAC Training:
This mission is availeble in two versions:
- JTAC Training (at normal daylight)
- JTAC Training @ Night (at dark night)

It's a mission with three target zones with different difficulty levels EASY, MEDIUM and HARD.
Additionally there will be a Tanker and a AWACS for practicing air refuling.

Taget zone EASY (Waypoint 1):
Four JTAC "Pointer" will report up to four target groups.
Targets are unarmed trucks.

Target zone MEDIUM (Waypoint 2):
Three JTAC "Axeman" will report up to five target groups.
Targets are BMP-3, Zu-23 and BRDM.

Target zone HARD (Waypoint 3):
Three JTAC "Darknight" will report up to five target groups.
Targets are Tunguska.

The availeble Multiplayer-Slots for every target zone are:
4x MK-82
4x MK-82 AIR
4x CBU-97
4x CBU-103
4x GBU-12
4x GBU-38
4x GBU-12 & 38 (mixed)
4x AGM-65 D
4x AGM-65 H
4x AGM-65 H & D (mixed)
4x Hydras
= 44 Slots

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaz LAN_WROTE ...

Bones, with the 3 hour timezone difference, what time do you plan on staying up til? I will not be able to get on til probably 11-11:30pm EST (8-8:30 PST). Maybe a little earlier.

Oh man I forgot about the time difference. That really puts a monkey wrench in the whole process. Lets shoot for 11 EST this Thursday and see how it goes. I figure since Blud is very green with this sim we would start of on familiarizing him with the cockpit and the startup procedures. If time permits we can get him airborne and start teaching him how to trim the A-10.

So Blud if you read this (and I know you will) get your x52 profile in order and go over the startup procedures in the tutorials. !yes

DCS A-10c is working great on my new computer with about 40fps when gfx maxed out.

I already know the basics (ramp start, gun and rocket, targeting pod, mavericks, ccrp-bombing, storage management, countermeasures) so I would like to join you guys!

The problem is that I'm in UTC+2 which is EST+7

If I stay up until 2am in the morning, it would still be 7pm EST
But if I stay up early at about 6am, it would be 11pm EST

I need to work during the week so you this would only be possible on your Friday or Saturday.

Tell me when you want to fly and on which part I should focus my flight training on and I hope we are able to fly asap!

I should be on around 11:00-11:30 EST tonight. Also tomorrow night as well.

Patch 1.1.0.8 is also around the corner! Currently being tested http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1196168#post1196168

Lots of fixes and new stuff!