Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

DCS Frustrations

Bones

So we actually got some members online for some DCS this weekend and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that it was less then spectacular. Not that the sim is bad but I just got the feeling that you guys were getting a little frustrated as to how complex DCS:A-10C is compared to what you guys are used to flying (Falcon).

I know firsthand how overwhelming it is when first starting out with DCS but I can also tell you that if you spend the time going through the tutorials it will make a world of difference and you won't feel so "overwhelmed". This is a not a sim where you can expect to just hop in and start racking up the kills. Time must be spent "learning" the aircraft and the systems.

With that said I have found a great article over at SIMHQ discussing the trials of "green" A-10 pilots. You are not alone! At the beginning, everyone feels/felt like a lump of crap flubbering their way around the A-10 cockpit! !grin

Please give the ARTICLE a read and I really hope you guys stick it out and continue to learn to fly and fight in DCS:A-10C, it is a great sim but what you put into it is going to be what you get out of it. As always I am available if you have any questions, I am still learning myself so I may/may not have the answers but I will do my best to find them.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Bones. I was feeling the frustration the other day when I was running the single player Hideout mission for the first time. I thought I'd use it as a training mission and work my way through it and see how far I'd get. The idea being to run this mission multiple times until I completed it. That way I'd know the lay of the land, radio freq's, even the airfield layout. Basically I could concentrate on learning to fight the A10. When I got to the target I started to realise that I didn't know enough by a long shot, and it was all very overwhelming and deadly lol. And a bit depressing. So, now I'm back to the tutorials, making notes, etc. practicing so I don't blow my tires on landing :D Also I've found a guy on Youtube who's got some great tutorials vids uploaded. I gotta learn to walk before the sprinting comes up :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/wagmatt

=VG= BLuDKLoT LAN_WROTE ...

haha! I know right, it's kicking my ass but I will pwn this thing if it kills me! The Scenery is like nothing I've scene before and it's sucked me in! I will master this as I master my life...I will

FYI LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 looks just as good. Same graphics engine. Plus you can fly F-15s, Mig-29s, and Su-27s!!! !good Hint Hint!