Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR:BF2 VIP rescue event setup I

TEDF

The first event shall be VIP rescue. As I'm currently busy until the end of next week, the setup will be delayed..
Until then, It would be awesome if you guys could promote the event on VG servers (Pr, Arma, ts etc.) . !rose
Also, the event will most likely be on the weekend so all of our workaholic players would be able to join us. Therefore I would like you guys to post the time you would like the event to take place (date + time) starting from next weekend. To avod confusion with different time zones, we shall use the "PR" time - PRT (realitymod.com)
The signup with set up event time, rules,instuctions and maplist will become active sometime next week.(Assuming the interest for the event is still up)
I do have most of the things already planned out so right now all we need is players and a bit help from our VG tech gods to set up the server for the event.

TED(F)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full info about the event will be posted with a signup threat sometime next week.
As for gamemode - Blufor(humans duh) has to cap points and kill enemies (bots) in order to get intel points. When enough intel is gathered, Blufor will get small hints about VIP location. (Inside/outside, colour/type of building). All flags (except mains) will be active at the same time. If Blufor manages to cap all of them, they'll be given 200m(?) wide area where the VIP is. Then they'll have certain amount of time to get there and find the VIP, before he's executed.
Full list of details about intel system and rules will be added on signup threat.(haven't decided how many intel points for what... ) Bear in mind that this is going to be Vanilla PR event. There will be no fancy coding or editing. Just AAS with other objective than just flag capture and bot grinding.

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

VIP Rescue? Wats that?

As for gamemode - Blufor(humans duh) has to cap points and kill enemies (bots) in order to get intel points. When enough intel is gathered, Blufor will get small hints about VIP location. (Inside/outside, colour/type of building). All flags (except mains) will be active at the same time. If Blufor manages to cap all of them, they'll be given 200m(?) wide area where the VIP is. Then they'll have certain amount of time to get there and find the VIP, before he's executed.
Full list of details about intel system and rules will be added on signup threat.(haven't decided how many intel points for what... ) Bear in mind that this is going to be Vanilla PR event. There will be no fancy coding or editing. Just AAS with other objective than just flag capture and bot grinding.

Zero, that's the exact reason why I asked people to post the dates and time so I could compromise and do the event at time that suits everyone most.. All day/weekly events don't work as intended as people would join in at random times, resulting in chaos that happened last time - No one had any idea what's going on and when other people were gonna join etc.
The event won't be run for a entire day or week as it requiers squad management and a VIP who's willing to spend hours just sitting in 1 place and doing the math on how many intel point Blufor has and when do give out pieces of intel. Also The gamemode will only work on few maps that has correct asset, ground and flag layout. (VIP rescue on Kashan... 5 minutes maybe?)
As said before, the signup will be up sometime this week. If you guys aren't going to post wha time would suit you, I'm forced to pick up a random one. Also, if we don't get enough people signed up then the event will be thrown into trash can. No point in grinding bots with only 5 guys.

Come on guys. We used to do this kind of events all the time in the good old days. I remember random VG guys jumping randomly on channels with people just to either do small talk or just to say hello. I miss those days when we sometime had over 30 guys on 1 ts channel playing the same game. Now all I see is people forming different groups, sitting on certain channels and the good VG spirit is dying out in my eyes. People, step up and create events that most of the guys around here can join. Would it be either PR, Arma, Free to play game - whatever. Something that would get the VG crew and other our family members back together.
(Sorry that it turned out as one of my grumpy posts... again. Yes TEDF is grumpy again... Surprise, Surprise !crazy )

This is always the the hardest part teddy. I usually just picked a date but gave a couple weeks for people to plan if they wanted to attend. I think once the new site is launched we'll get more regularity again, but yes it does seem we are fragmented these days. Mandatory fun days must be scheduled to keep us all connected. I'm with you bro.

Hi Ted

My point of view is that every single time you run this kind of events, more you learn to improve them for future players. Set a first session and start to learn about it.

The best choice is run them on weekends so people can manage the real life stuff and reserve some hours to enjoy your PR Events.

Regards.
Martin.