Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Armory

WhiteWolf

Armory
Get acquainted with the tools of the trade.

Personal Armament
You will be equipped by the state-of-the-art weapons technology, ergonomic load-bearing equipment and the most advanced protective gear.
Prepare to operate wide range of personal weapons: pistols, ultramodern assault and sniper rifles, machineguns, missile launchers and even some experimental weapons.
Multitude of gadgets may give you critical advantage in the battlespace. Explosives may give you the necessary edges over the superior enemy numbers.
Adapt your gear to the mission at hand, choose a fitting uniform and balance the gear capacity, protection level and weight.
Soft Vehicles
Expect to use the abundance of soft vehicles. Drive anything from motorbikes and quadbikes to heavy supply trucks.
Many military vehicles sport additional armament, reconnaisance means and other advantages, e.g. floating or increased fordability.
Some vehicles are sparse in the area of operation; if they break, tow them to a repair station.
Unmanned Ground Vehicles are frequent inhabitants of modern battlefield. You may expect small reconnaisance drones as well as independent fighting machines.
Armored Vehicles
Armored vehicles are more scarce, which is counterbalanced by the increased fighting capability and crew survivability.
Main battle tanks usually provide additional active protection.
The most recent weapon platforms using some of the newly developed arms technology can be expected to appear in the battles.
Artillery
Fire support will be maintained by the self-propelled howitzers, self-propelled multi-launch rocket systems and by mortars, either static or deployed on APCs.
Your firepower and tactical possibilities will be extended by the precision-guided ammunition, flares or smoke screen.
Static Weapons
Several machineguns and grenade launchers are available to serve as defences. Some of the weapons are based upon the newest research in the arms industry.
All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.
Some of the weapon platforms can be remotely controlled or may operate independently. Save your troops for real action by creating automated defences around bases and perimeters.
Aircraft
Helicopters come in many types and variants, covering the whole range of attack, combined or transportation roles.
Fixed-wing aircraft consist mainly of the ground attack jets. Due to the sparse take-off and landing possibilities, VTOL aircraft will be available.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles can provide valuable intel or provide additional fire support. Some are so small they can be deployed on a squad level.
Surface Vessels
Small but agile military speedboats are at your disposal. Military vessels are designed for the coastal raids and patrolling, they are usually armed.
Also, variety of civilian ships in varying condition may be found along the inhabited coastline of Limnos.
Submersibles
Last but not least: embark on a Swimmer Deliver Vehicle and infiltrate the seeming impenetrable defences under the surface of Mediterranean.
SDV provides not just the transportat, but also a powerful observation periscope.

http://www.arma3.com/arma-3-overview/armory/

Sounds FUN !

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeeeeeeeeah...smoother animation, smoother movement...I'd much prefer those changes over graphic enhancement.

...though I must say that new grass and flora looks sweeeet! Oh, and on topic, I'm looking forward to it. But I've always been a bit of an infantry fellow.

Ooo! Know what'd be reeeally groovy? A ghillie suit that uses physics in the engine to have dynamic jute and foliage, swaying in the breeze or when you move! Whoop!

I also could care less about prettiness. I think everything looks great now (if you can get the textures to load fast enough, they're great). Fix all other gameplay problems before moving on to better graphics.

=VG= Beast wrote ...
Ooo! Know what'd be reeeally groovy? A ghillie suit that uses physics in the engine to have dynamic jute and foliage, swaying in the breeze or when you move! Whoop!

yea, or the ability to veg out your suit based on local grasses you may be crossing.