Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Arma3 Alpha Server

=VG= SavageCDN

PITN LAN_WROTE ...

Without BE enabled it's a futile effort to make a banlist based on a script check. All that will happen is they'll use the server to test the detection. But I was given a nice little tool the other day for this sorta thing.

Yeah I was more concerned about just getting them kicked from the server automagically ie: something that detects known scripts running and kicks the player. Ban list is a PITA to admin. From what I understand it's fairly easy to get around by renaming files, etc but at least most of the idiots would get booted.

What is this tool you speak of? Is it large and hammer-like?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The private server (port 2346) is now running ACRE. You will need these to join:

@ACRE
@JayArmA3Lib
@UOCBA_A3

http://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/ACRE_addons.zip

Delete or rename your @CBA_A3 folder if you have one in your A3 directory as currently ACRE requires the UO version of CBA

All the @folders go into your A3 dir as well as the userconfig folder

The Plugins folder is for TS3 - copy to your ts3\plugins install directory (TS must be closed while doing this)

** Sig checks are NOT enabled for this server so make sure you are joining with the correct mods **

edit: also I broke the auto-restarter program so at some point today I need to reset all Arma 3 servers

Also people need to make sure they are running Teamspeak 3 and Arma 3 both as administrator.

If you have issues with push to talk not working in game, you will need to unbind your push to talk key inside Teamspeak (Settings > Options > Capture and change the drop down box in the bottom right of that window to "Direct Input", then rebind the key.

Updated the co40 Domination mission today (from 2.92 to 2.92a) to include ACRE by default, new VAS version, some minor fixes and default param changes. Will be the default mission on Private server next restart (and I'll change the server name from Insurgency to just ACRE Private or something)

Also the Insurgency mission PITN is working on is available in the list for testing
insurgency090_VG_03.stratis

freebird33 LAN_WROTE ...

hi i downloaded the files and installed them in a3 when i ran the game it gave me an error include fileuserconfig/acre/acre-clientside-config.hpp not found can some one tell me how to fix this thanks

In that download there should be a userconfig folder with another acre folder inside.. this has the file you are looking for. You need to copy this 'userconfig' folder to your Arma 3 install directory

ie: \Arma 3\userconfig\acre\acre-clientside-config.hpp

Note that you can only run ACRE mod for the private ACRE server - it will not work on either of the public servers.

All three servers now running latest Alpha version 0.54

Ins v04 ready. Savage, can u upload to dedi?

CHANGES:
Added VAS.
Removed superman. I hope.

Known bugs.
Support helo call doesn't work for subordinates. Just leaders. Somehow the SL approval is not getting back to the sub.
VAS is not fully integrated with Insurgency. i.e. backspace (gear) on death and respawn with full gear etc.
paa error has to do with initial loading from dediserver.
gear error is VAS/BIS related
rocket error when destroying cache is Ins related. I don't have any idea why that was put in there. Maybe someone thought it would make good fireworks. I'll get around to removing it eventually.

There is a new hack for A3 that works like a virus.. player's game installs get 'infected' and when they join another server it spreads the 'infection'.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153686-Hacked-by-a-player-with-no-ID

For now I've shut down the 2 public servers and will bring them back up later today with passwords. The 3rd ACRE passworded server will remain as is.

Sorry but until a hotfix is released for this I do not want to risk spreading this problem around.

Will update this post later today with more info.

From A3 Admins skype channel:

[7:41:17 AM] David Foltyn: the sooner you realize it's not related tot hat fnc at all the better
[7:41:36 AM] Savage CDN: how would i know without asking them?
[7:41:48 AM] David Foltyn: stop believing all what random so so called internet experts and senzation attention or panic makers say
[7:41:53 AM] Savage CDN: just trying to catchup with all the reading
[7:42:04 AM] Savage CDN: not sayingi believe anyting i just dont know
[7:42:17 AM] David Foltyn: the outcome is simple, the cheat is nothing new and you could do it since a3a exist
[7:42:25 AM] Savage CDN: yes i realize that
[7:42:31 AM] Savage CDN: it was introduced in TOH
[7:42:31 AM | Edited 7:42:39 AM] David Foltyn: and in fact w/o BE it would be nearly as bad in OA just w/o some persistency

(David Foltyn = Dwarden)

edit: all severs back up with vg password and no signature checking

Might be worth a shot to break the BIS_fnc_MP_packet function in 'functions_f.pbo' to see if that solves things.

Not sure how mods will react though. I see "Chopper_Practive 1 Stratis' uses it at least.

If players get the ""hacked"" message on a server they need to know that they have to RESTART the game before they connect anywhere else, or it will spread.

Bobbus LAN_WROTE ...

To be honest I've heard nothing but bad things about Dwarden (and more specifically his competence) from people involved in arma modding / server adminning.
I'd be inclined to take anything he says with a few tubs of salt.

I'm not gonna step to defend or vouch for him, but I have dealt with him plenty, read many of his writings and posts, even played Planetside 2 with him, and never had that issue - but - when shit happens in A2 (or A3A now), people tend to flood him in particular, and in a way, I think he cannot help but take it a little personally. Not that anyone is directly telling him that HE fucked up, but I can imagine having to discuss and explain over and over again with many, many curious individuals and how tiresome it could become - and we know how text is so horrible at conveying correct emotion.
Then again, maybe he just has sand in his cracks...
!dntknw

I myself saw how rustled PITN's jimmies had gotted last night when he came into my TS3 channel last night to discuss a potential hack/hacker. These things do happen, have happened, from time to time. And though I like excitement as much as the next guy, I've never seen the sky actually fall.....yet.

instant LAN_WROTE ...

Might be worth a shot to break the BIS_fnc_MP_packet function in 'functions_f.pbo' to see if that solves things.

Not sure how mods will react though. I see "Chopper_Practive 1 Stratis' uses it at least.

If players get the ""hacked"" message on a server they need to know that they have to RESTART the game before they connect anywhere else, or it will spread.

Yeah I was just reading that putting this in init.sqf might solve it temporarily:

"BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

Unless the mission depends on this function...

Suppose you can do a "Search in all files" for the function name; Only got hits in one mission in my "mpmissions" folder but not sure if that will be enough. (Scite should let you search in files... a free text editor)

Its worth a shot at least. Without having the hack there is no way of seeing if it works however, unless you visit a lot of servers until you find an infected one, then go back to one of the VG servers to see if it works or not :)