Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

ACE Training Sessions

=VG= SavageCDN

If dman is still up for it, I'd like to start doing some ACE training sessions.. starting with infantry assets and working our way up to armor and armored vehicles.

I have no idea where to start with this.. I guess just some basic rifle training or perhaps AT weapons? We could also look at doing some simple squad formation training as we discussed in another thread.

Small groups I think would be best.. no more than 6-8 players in a session. Dman you still up for this?

ACE Training:

SavageCDN
D-Day
Morrison
Gaz
Castor
Wooz
Calv
Terremer
Nvram
ColdNfreeziN
Speirs
Dman
Ingo

FTL Training:

SavageCDN
Gaz
Wooz
Nvram
Cold
Castor
Semler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really like Arma Infantry but i like to play with you guys, so i will be there as a driver... i dont care what , Hummer, Truck, Tank ... even it is a boring supply job, i will do the job... just tell me wich @stuff i need for the training and i will be there!
My new nickname will be "The Transporter" ...hehe

I think a good shout for this would be to establish who your leaders are... Who have learned to lead in the past, who are capable, and who Want to learn it!
I know i've had a chat with 2 people who wouldent mind learning team leader skills, and its usefull to have them to teach other people then..

Not sure, Maybe just a quick runthrough before or even just a list of names of people who want to train as leaders, so they can spend the time doing basic with people and building confidence? Like If i wanted to, and you put me as a leader of a fireteam for the basic training you want to do, it would give me a better understanding of my role as a leader..

^ I wasn't thinking of a set day really.. .we could do it weekdays as well. I guess whatever works for the most people.. it could be on different days for each session.

I was thinking <8 people per session just to keep it manageable.. if we get more than 8 signups for a session we can just hold another one... or perhaps leave that up to the trainer.

Oh and I would probably want to create training missions for this rather than use a mission or MSO. Although MCC would be a bonus for sure... Kind of like Calv's VG training area on Zargabad or perhaps some other training FOB

I'd say the first thing is figuring out how in-depth people want the training to be.
Are people wanting just casual training to show them the basics of ACE and some simple infantry team stuff.

Or do people want to go all the way and learn more complicated infantry tactics like bounding/fire and move, formations, correct radio procedure, etc.

Well there are two different schools there... weapons training and small unit tactics. Personally I think we need both and have to work up to the more advanced stuff.. in part because the more advanced stuff requires a good knowledge of the basic stuff.

So I guess my thoughts would be lets start with weapons training .. move to basic infantry formations and movement.. then on to more advanced movement/bounding and proper comms procedures. Does that make sense?

I'm available to advise and provide support to whoever wants to do the training. Also happy to discuss infantry tactics or team leader stuff with anyone that wants to know more about it via PM or whatever.

Not really up for actually running the training though, don't think I'm all that good at teaching groups of people.

I could also help with the FTL and infantry stuff. I also would like to teach everyone how to use the radio properly instead of people says "Hey can i get some help here I really need it". Would be nice to get it so people will be ready from the start of the mission so we don't have to wait for an hour while people have their basic question answered.

You might know my stand already: all the way in there, but we also must remember that most of us arent used to that kind of training, we should start with basic small unit tactics and then work our way up.
Correct radio procedure all the way.

as a side note I think everyone is capable to use the weapons. the thing we should train on is fire procedures (IMO)

As for how to do the training, I think the quickest way will be to train the people who want to be FTLs as a group, then run another session with each of those FTLs training a team.

Training Curriculum
ACE basics: Weight limits, weapon stabilisation, medic system, interaction keys.
Radio comms: Controls and 343/148 demo, comms terminology (over, out, copy, roger, break), comms virtues: brevity, clarity, accuracy.
Infantry tactics: Buddy pairs, Moving as a team (360 coverage), formations (wedge, line, column), drills: bounding overwatch, fire and move - First as buddy pairs, then with multiple teams.
Vehicles (Transport): Never enter or exit until order is given, when exiting get clear of vehicle as quickly as possible (preferably to some cover while maintaining awareness of direction enemy is likely to be), always confirm when entering/exiting vehicles (team confirms on 343 - "Calv in/out", FTL confirms on 148 "Team 1, in/out").

FTL training: Situational Awareness (knowing where the following are: your team, your squad, the objective, the enemy), formation type pros/cons, purpose of bounding/fire and move, importance of covering flanks (especially during firefights), maintaining momentum (always be moving forwards or backwards as a team - with obvious exceptions).

Isn't really that much to cover in terms of knowledge, most of it just requires repetition so that it becomes second nature to people. If there is anything else that should be in mention it and I'll add it to list.

How to use weapons, grenades, AT etc are things that people should be practicing and learning in their own time so don't really feel worthy of covering in any training sessions. If special weapons are being used in a mission like Javelins then short training/refresher session could be held before the mission.