Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 ACE Multi-Session Operations thread

=VG= SemlerPDX

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Yeah both are good maps... the water aspect of Lingor is interesting as well as fighting non-standard units (Druglords...lol)

I'm not sold on the RH packs to be honest.. sure they are cool but there are some issues with ACE and certain weapons... besides the fact I think we are trying to lower the amount of available weapons in the base.

Maybe we could start with one like M4 pack? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Not a huge fan of Lingor either, too many trees that seem to give AI a huge advantage. Dingor could be interesting though.

Don't think the RH weapon packs are that needed, they are nice but don't really add all that much. Personally as long as we have M4s, M27/SAW, and a marksman rifle available I'm happy.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

faysh is a good map but i think it is too big for mso
and a good idea would be to have 2 maps one would be reshmaan with the ranger and the other one maybe podagorsk, celle 2 or some kind of woodland map with the marines to keep it interesting
also is it possible to use the upsmon AI script on mso?

Fish kebab is 16 square km smaller than Rash man ;)

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

faysh is a good map but i think it is too big for mso
and a good idea would be to have 2 maps one would be reshmaan with the ranger and the other one maybe podagorsk, celle 2 or some kind of woodland map with the marines to keep it interesting
also is it possible to use the upsmon AI script on mso?

+1 for Faysh I love that map. Imaging a mechanized/armor version of MSO where you are fighting tank platoons!! Reschmaan is good too and although I love Lingor and its units I think it's not gonna make the cut.

UPSMON - integrating that into MSO as the AI 'brain' would be difficult and beyond my abilities. It can be used to generate patrols or something in large areas but if I was going to do that I'd use DAC (think the roaming vehicle patrols in Insurgency)

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

Would it be possible to get the @LEA key added to the server. While it's not essential for everyone, would be a nice option to have.

I don't see why not we've been discussing adding that or @RSLO for quick loadouts. So adding just the key means what? Clients can still pick from their favorite loadouts with LEA? I thought it had to be running on the server as well?

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

oh lol i didnt know faysh was smaller than reshmaan but it has less mountains and citys lol also is it possible to edit the MGO attachment script to not allow players to pick TWS scopes? because when playing yesterday i realised how many people use them and it kinda makes it too easy

I'm sure we can lock that down somehow. I'm getting closer and closer to M16s, SAW, Marksman as the only options :)

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I don't see why not we've been discussing adding that or @RSLO for quick loadouts. So adding just the key means what? Clients can still pick from their favorite loadouts with LEA? I thought it had to be running on the server as well?

Far as I can tell it's clientside like sthud. Fairly sure I've used it in the past on servers that didn't have mod checking.

The loadouts are created using the standalone LEA program. Can create multiple programs, then export to @LEA, and once ingame you use them via scroll menu, and are then given a choice of which loadout to use.
I believe in mp games it only works within 100m of the spawn area, so people won't be able to switch loadouts mid-mission.

Would it be possible to turn on Air Patrol op's so that Pilot fags like myself have something to do when ground teams don't need any CAS??

**ALSO** Noticed that Apache has trouble re-arming the Gunner's weapons, it loads them back up to full and the goes back to 0, tryed everything i could think of, rearming from the gunner seat, using fire control in the pilot seat, the stationary rearm points and ammo trucks still the same effect.

LEA key added to server just needs a reset to take effect.

Jager I like that loadout selector... I don't think it's LEA though??

MySQL database is setup and ready (thanks Solar) - shall we set it up with Reshmaan to start?

@Random - yeah good idea next time I make changes I'll default the parameter to include Air Ops - for now whoever starts the server can change it

I'd like to know more about how the DB works (specifically, what it remembers, what not remembered). I suppose I'll crack open those scripts and do some reading, but mainly, I want to enable all objects built/constructed to be remembered on restart.
(Including the "init fields" of those objects, if they have them)

**EDIT: If that MGO thing is a script and not a mod, it would not be hard for me to remove the TWS options and keep the rest of it intact the way it is now. :)