Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

26/5/12 Session Signup.

=VG= Calv

Final Mission of this campaign and likely final non-ace mission.

Start time: 19:00 GMT

We will have access to air support and fire support for this mission, but I can't stress enough that they will not be weapons free. I don't intend to start doing qualifications for these roles yet so whoever is chosen to do them will be trusted to do so correctly, and if they engage without orders they will be banned from that role in future missions.

Talon SL will be responsible for locating targets and directing fire missions from both air and mortar positions. So I will need someone who feels upto the task and knows how to use the laser designator.
As seen in the radio net list below, both squad leaders will be carrying three radios and I will cover the basic functions of the PRC117f before the mission starts.
The Harrier has a built-in PRC117f that is accessible by using Shift-Alt-Q. I will cover that in training too.
PRC117f usage video: http://youtu.be/BkJPGTnfK6A

If you have a preference for a specific role, please indicate in your post.

Situation:
We have pushed the General's forces back to stronghold and it is now time for the final assault. We are throwing everything we have at the General in this mission including air and fire support. We have no room for failure, so make those shoots count.

Mission:
Charlie is tasked with securing Solnichniy and destroying the AA camp located there. They will then assault the General's camp with the assistance of Talon Squad, securing the area and neutralising the General and his men.
Talon is tasked with destroying the AA camp to the north and then providing recon on the General's camp and directing fire of support elements.
(Map of area attached)

Roster:
Calv
lupago
charry
Gaz
semler
ingo
coldnfreezin
murder
sam
wooz
iffn
eclipse
castor
poffadder
sam
jager

Slots:

Charlie
Squad Leader: jager
Rifleman:

Charlie-1
Team Leader: lupago
2: Sam
3: coldnfreezin
4:

Charlie-2
Team Leader: castor
2: semler
3: wooz
4: charry

Talon-1
Squad Leader/FAC: Gaz
Machinegunner: ingo
Corpsman: eclipse
Marksman (DMR): iffn

Talon-2
Team Leader:
Grenadier:
Corpsman:
Marksman (DMR):

Eagle-1
Pilot (Harrier): murder

Fire Support
81mm Mortar: poffadder

Radio Nets:
PRC343:
Ch1: Charlie-1
Ch2: Charlie-2
Ch3: Charlie SL
Ch4: Talon-1
Ch5: Talon-2

PRC148:
Ch1: Charlie (Charlie SL, Charlie-1 FTL, Charlie-2 FTL)
Ch2: Talon (Talon-1, Talon-2)

PRC117F:
Ch3: Command Net (Charlie SL, Talon SL, Eagle-1, Fire Support)

Mission Area:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! Let me implement a real artillery script (what am i thinking, I'm so busy with this Shooting Contest) - Remember the one from CLAfghan, tho? BEST NON-MOD ARTY EVER!

Count me in - with no respawn, we need a pilot who can stand to be bored until needed, not crash or get shot down by disobeying a hard deck, and can handle the squirrely Harrier. I can be that guy if no one else is qualified. Otherwise, any role is fine.

!cheers

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Ooh! Let me implement a real artillery script (what am i thinking, I'm so busy with this Shooting Contest) - Remember the one from CLAfghan, tho? BEST NON-MOD ARTY EVER!

Well I've got an AI arty fire mission setup using the Arty and SOM modules for the Charlie Squad Leader so I can call in some fire support even if nobody wants to do the mortar role.

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

I'm in with my regulair delay. I guess I'll join "that crazy welsh dude" as a Marksman DMR as discussed with Gaz

Harriers are alowed but no armored support? Not even a tiny LAV-25? !resent

Was a minimal force present on chernarus, just 2 harriers and an osprey full of troops