Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Loving Arma Server, Voice enabled teams!

TotalBoffin

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of the forums and recently been playing Arma 2 and loving the Insurgency server, for all those involved with its setup and running many thanks indeed.

I especially enjoy the games when the entire team are voice enabled, maybe its just me, but having team voice comms makes for a much better experience... I personally prefer the ingame comms to using teamspeak etc. For those who don't have mics or aren't using them, I would urge you to get one and try it out!

On a side note, for tweaks/mods I was wondering how rigid is the team selection page? and whether some of the teams could be marked as preferred voice enabled teams, to help people organize themselves when launching a new game. Obviously we do get to know who is voice enabled quick enough but just thought a minor change to indicate to people which are going to prefer a voice enabled team might be useful?

TotalBoffin.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TotalBoffin LAN_WROTE ...

... For those who don't have mics or aren't using them, I would urge you to get one and try it out!

Yea, I can't believe that people would play such a slower paced, military simulator without a mic, but they do. Remember, mics or not, communication is still key. Use Side Channel Text Chat to include other members and try to find those who wish to roll as a team.

The "squad lists" part of joining Insurgency cannot be changed to enforce squads with and without mics, but the more you play, the more regular names you will come to know, and you will try to get with those players.

I suggest you try our Domination Server once we get it up and going. TS3 is the best way to connect with other players who exclusively use mics for communication. On Domi, you can add the ACRE mod and TS3 becomes your "local/direct coms" and in game PTT button cues up realistically functioning military radios. Also, we just pick the role we want, and once in game, use a menu to join/squad up with others.

Good luck and have fun!!

Welcome to the forums brother--groovy to see another decent fellow here.

Yeah, voice communication can make or break an assault--and it improves the speed and readiness of coordinated patterns in a way that typing just can't beat. I forward Semler's recommendation--check out the Domination server when you get the opportunity, or better yet, once it's updated. In Insurgency, it's usually best for the squad leader to say outright whether he wants the squad 100% voice enabled or no. Might seem impolite, but it's a team play game, and communication plays a critical part.

welcome abord TotalBoffin played some good games this week :O) i play one week on Insurgency and one week on the domination server, still ran by VG ,but most to all the guys have comms making for a more intence feel to the game with the looks of what semler and the guys are doing with the mod a much more real feel to.
maybe see you there CHILLRA

• 4 weeks later...