Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Domination

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Hey guys I put the Domination Server back up!

The parameters are set but they are suck a pain! Semler when you see this please post that link to the parameter settings here for all to see.

Also, does anyone know how to create a file for the server so the parameters are set automatically? I know we can make a cfg file or something, does anyone know how? I've never done it for Arma.

Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean the mission parameters like time-of-day, AI skill level, etc? If so those are stored in the mission .pbo file and I'm not sure if you can set them in a server cfg file without editing the mission itself... PITN might know better

Ok so those settings are in the description.ext file within the mission .pbo

Looks like I can change what the default is for each parameter but I'm not 100% sure that this is the right way to do it. So for view distance for example you can see below the various settings:

class GVAR(MaxViewDistance) {
title = "Maximum Viewdistance:";
values[] = {2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,7000,8000,9000,10000};
default = 5000;
texts[] = {"2000 m","3000 m","4000 m","5000 m","6000 m","7000 m","8000 m","9000 m","10000 m"};

I'd still wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about to answer !senile

So we need to edit the actual mission .pbo file and change the defaults, save the file, re-compile the mission, and save it to the server... there is no way to do this in the server .cfg files. I can do this however I don't know what the default parameters should be... is there a list somewhere?

Edit: nvm found the list.. Curtis is on the case!!

Just an FYI. I'll usually setup a FARP at the Rasman airfield so if you see a supply truck icon there on the map the FARP should be close by, sometimes quicker/easier than flying back to base. I will place the farp on the NE central crossover (bit of taxiway that connects the runway to the main taxiway). There is a small one story building there aswell so it is easy to spot.

If you're wanting to use it with the A-10, easiest way I've found is to taxi so that your wingtip is almost touching the FARP structure (no need for the cockpit to be facing it), then switch to the gun and 3rd person view. Then, as you look left and right you can place the gun crosshair over the FARP building and use the scroll menu to repair/refuel/rearm. Rearming can take 10 seconds or more to fully complete so make sure it is done before attempting to refuel/repair otherwise it can interrupt it.

Great effort everyone!!! Sorry I missed that, BLuD, but you did find it. I have been deep in the s#@! in a very large Domi server for two 12 hour straight tours to see how others run it, and keep it under control. I asked the admins lots of questions, and they were super friendly even knowing I'm of a different clan. !cheers

Also had the opportunity to get proficient with many of the support vehicles and aircraft, and their uses in a large, active battlefield. I love flying!!! They told me that the wreck chopper (a Huey on their map) is only for recovering bonus vehicles, which get used so seldom anyway that the wrecker goes largely unused. They had once considered making all vehicles to require recovery and adding a second or third wreck chopper, but didn't cause it may have killed playability.

First great tactic I have learned: Bring an Avenger HMMWV to the AO along with the troops via Chinook instead of a tank or bradley. Gives an element of air protection right away against the enemy troop helis and attack aircraft over the AO.

I have some great ideas and when we get the server up and going, I'll make post about the relevant things - like restricting use of attack air assets to TS3 users, etc.

Can't wait, Savage!!! HURRY HURRY!!! !thankyou

Sounds good Semler... the changes I made are only to set the default parameters so they don't have to be re-done when the server resets.

I've been reading up on how to restrict objects (choppers, tanks, whatever) to clan members only but it's far from simple. We could also do custom loadouts per user (by GUID) so that when you join the server you get your preferred weapon loadout, which is pretty cool.

I wonder how it restricts assets to Teamspeak users?? I'll have to do some digging...

I know, and it pains me....was doing the video all day yesterday (9 hour effort) and now leaving for mountains as soon as my brother gets his sorry arse over here. Back in a few days.

@Savage, it can't be that complicated - the 7thCavalry guys simply needed a certain admin on (he doesn't unlock them for just any reason or anyone, mind you) and they do it while the game is running.

This is my (new) loadout I take on every op; I used to use an M4A3 ACOG w/UGL:

Rangefinder
Laser Marker
Mk17 EGLM RCO
6 Mags 7.62x51mm NATO
4 Smoke Grenades (White)
2 9V Batteries (Laser Marker)
4 40mm HE Grenades (EGLM)
Colt 1911 w/4 Mags

=VG= SemlerPDX BEGUID: b16f87f0fe5906d7c223a88be03e8fc9

Thanks!! !thx