Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Insurgency edited for =VG=

PITN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
And with fame and glory comes annoying stuff like muppets and script kiddies, logged on to a foggy server just now.
It was done on purpose to piss people off I guess but now that I've seen it I actually think it would be a cool thing to try, a foggy / rainy day or even night ops but dunno if it's something that requires a lot of cpu power.

Cache in Sadif Ab, NE of Rasman Airport, kept blowing up after we set it off. Was BAF, server had been up 140 minutes, 2 caches were blown prior to that. Server FPS 16.

The secondary explosions kept going over and over. Didn't end, so I restarted server. Not sure if it was hack or script problem. Witnesses were .:frosty:. and FarFarLars.

• 2 weeks later...
LTB, the Mk48 is spawned with the Delta Force soldiers in my 0.76 edit.

Simply put, if you are not a Delta you won't get it. There is also a silenced TWS that spawns. Same deal, it is not in the ammo box. !winker

In ACR the MAAWS is a soldier spawn item only. So if you play with your kit you lose your AT capability. This was due to an ammo bug problem I couldn't solve.

I may do an SF only version. Expect kits to be extremely restrictive though. It will be an ELITE player types only kind of deal.

I have alot of crazy ideas but I am not sure which one I will do first. You'll just have to wait and see. !cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Post #1 updated with the following.

Insurgency 0.80 SOAR Edited for VETERANS-GAMING.com
Version e

Changes made by PITN.

Added MH6J Little Bird (Night Stalker) on a call system similar to the A10.
-Default menu. Select 0, 8, request SOAR, SL approves, and select a spawn point on map.
-Fly to your destination. When the player pilot ejects the AI pilot will take over and fly away to despawn.
Changed all BLUFOR slots to Delta Force Soldiers.
Changed weapons to reflect Delta and U.S. Army.
-Suppressed weapons, SAW/HMG and some variants of sniper rifles.
All Hummers are SOVs.
Replaced ATVs with Bicycles as a placeholder.
Changed helicopter to CH-47 Chinook.
Changed some grammar and code names for CAS/SOAR (Lightning/Night Stalker).

-Changes made to the Default Parameters.
--Civilians = Off ( I manually turn this on depending on server population.)
--AI Accuracy = 0.4
--OPFOR Ratio is set to COOP Only.
--Number of caches = 5
--HeliRC = Off
--A10mode = AI
--CAS Timer = 120 seconds
--SOAR enabled = Yes
--Players needed to clear a square, 1. Instead of 2 or 3.
--Number of AI Vehicles = 9
--MHQ protection ring = 400m
--MHQ Deployment Timer = 300 minutes.

Server admin notes.
-Known issues.
--Changing AI accuracy to anything but 0.4 creates an error in the script. (Fix scheduled for 0.81) Use Veteran more instead.
--Civilians can severely slow down a full server. (It is fine with lower player populations.) If you are having problems reduce the AI to 50%, turn off civilians, or get a faster server.
--I run the caches at 5 for a short game and to increase server restart frequency to help solve lag issues with wrecks and destroyed buildings, etc.
--If you stay in the MH6 after the AI is in control you must eject or respawn. Unless, of course, you like flying into infinity.

I hope you enjoy it.

PITN

The only issue I have with those parameters is the A-10 mode being AI.
It kinda works as intended as long as the server is lag free but that is very seldom.

An example being our attack on mulladost when we encountered a AGS-30 that pinned us down, I called in cas and the A-10 simply flew around the area while we where supressed.
After some minutes we managed to put a sniper in place who took out the AGS-30, as we are tending to our wounded the A-10 comes in and just levels the area of town where the AGS-30 was along with one of our squad members.

In my opinion a face smashing mouth breather who slams his head into the keyboard and the A-10 is a equally wasted asset as a lagged out AI controlled A-10 that can't hit a target when you need it to.

So while it's a good idea it falls short simply because it's AI controlled as well as it can't take into consideration the situation on the ground.