Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Support Your Local Server

=VG= SemlerPDX

This is a public support call-out from your friendly admin, eMaj. =VG= SemlerPDX.
major fan of VETERANS-GAMING servers, clan membership status aside

I'd like to extend a personal Thank You to all those who donate to keep VETERANS-GAMING servers up and running. Your contributions, no matter what amount, are greatly appreciated! I can barely afford a few bucks here and there, but it all adds up...
BLuDKLoT cannot, as one man, pay for all of this for all of us; You all help so much! !cheers

Myself, I dreamt of properly administrated servers such as these back when I was at the mercy of first party servers dating all the way back to Socom Online for PS2. They were free, but void of assistance (technical or administrative).
Here you...we all...have a voice, and with it, power in our games.

We here at VETERANS-GAMING will always provide servers for public use and maintain them with the most due diligence required. We will continue to ensure that teamkillers, hackers, and disruptive players are swiftly dealt with so that you, as the player, may enjoy the true levels of playablilty and immersion that the teamplay and communication we promote here embody.

With your continued support, we are able to offer contests with awesome prizes, games, and other great additions to come. We will continue to add servers for the newest and hottest wargames released, while keeping servers open for your old favorites.

PayPal is considered one of the most secure ways to donate and pay for goods online, and it's as simple as signing up. A one time donation can greatly help VETERANS-GAMING maintain the servers you enjoy. As we expand to include new servers featuring such games as the upcoming Arma 3, we need your help to perpetuate our vision of clean, smacktard-free gaming environments to play in.

We admins, of course, will always continue to volunteer our time to enforce the rules of all our servers. Please consider signing up for PayPal today and making a donation, no matter how small, to VETERANS-GAMING and help us keep this tradition of international fraternity and cooperative teamplay alive.

Thank you for your support!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
we must find any way to fix it, from my side it,s no problem to give mothly a fixed sum, if we are 30 people we have to pay only 14 Dollar p.m to get the 400, we are one team, it,s better to create a general rule, what any have to pay than to wait what any want to pay. so we have talk about who wants to pay monthly a fix money. i am thereby

• 1 month later...
VETERANS-GAMING thanks you all for your continued support! Again this month, we have many arcade games to compete in for awesome prizes including a copy of ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, and even the complete Company of Heroes pack!
Have a wonderful holiday season! !cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
brad0131 wrote ... (on Project Reality's Public Forums) These guys are stupid. They will play with you like their your friends then randomly ban you and not tell you why. Not just from the server but the website to so you can't talk to them or anything. Bunch of assholes cept for Chris and Kiwi.

"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time."

I found VETERANS-GAMING well over a year ago, when I was looking for a proper COOP server to bridge the gap between Project Reality Training and Project Reality Deployment in an active "for the win" server. And, now, when I deploy, it is only with them. On COOP, they play with a degree of teamwork and cooperation that makes you forget the enemy is (just) AI. As a matter of fact, the PR AI aren't pushovers, as they will always have numbers that need to be matched with tactics - give them an inch, and they take a mile!

I've had my best gaming experiences here, and something more than that because of their rules, structure, and fairness.

As stated, a very friendly bunch, welcoming and encouraging to all players no0b or Vet, young or old. Big focus on social networking and losing oneselves in the atmosphere of the game Project Reality has created for us all, and many others, too. It was truly fun and games until I met a different kind of player, the "Turd". On more than one occasion, I was teamkilled for an asset, or just for no reason at all. Needless to say, in a PC game that can take more than 10 minutes to set up and arrive at the front with an organized group, such disruptions can really be a fun killer. As we all know, travel times alone are far longer in PR than the average PC military shooter, even in COOP.

Not long after, I began to notice another kind of "Turd". The kind that merely "pushes" the rules, and their boundaries. The type who rely on others and "The Man" to keep them in check - those who have the nerve to "kindly request after-action reports of their language, political correctness, behaviors, and interactions with their fellow man". Basically, the kind who require everyone and anyone else to "parent" them.
Yet, just as swiftly as reported teamkillers were removed, other players on VETERANS-GAMING COOP, say arguing or spamming, or any continued disruptors, disappeared from play - only to be replaced with the next online PC gamer to fill the slot. As I began to get to know the members of =VG=, I learned that they have, at all times, an important side mission, beit Mutrah, Jabal, Kashan, or wherever.

They are on a perpetual Search and Destroy mission for brad0131. All the brad0131's of the world. To date, =VG= has banned more "brad0131's" than most any server, or website, in the world. They do so with such mechanical precision and practiced methodology that it gives one the impression they are all telepathically linked, and could sense such disruptions before they happen. Obviously, this is not the case - but how could so few give the impression of so many, with such percieved omnipotence?

Many would point to the clear and well thought out Rules of Conduct clearly prevelant on the VETERANS-GAMING site, servers, and the beginning of this thread, but the truth is far less superficial. In =VG=, you will find REAL people. Plain and simple. That is the big secret - no mystery, no instant conference, no far-fetched psycic abilities. Just real people that really know each other, and share a common goal of disruption free gameplay, cooperation, and teamwork
- a true clan. Not just friends, not just admins enforcing rules, not just gamers with "=VG=" before their online avatar nicks.

Many clans have many well run servers, but few clans have as many as VETERANS-GAMING, who push to re-define the lines and definitions of a clan, almost ahead of their own vision if only so much as to witness it's emergence. Military COOP's, Flight/Fighter-Sim COOP's, Source Engine COOP's...
After getting to know each and every one of them, I began to make some real friends there. We know each other on a first name basis. Eventually, they invited me into their clan, and I proudly accepted. Only now do I fully understand the drive and passion that keeps the =VG= PR COOP Server clean and populated. It is just that - passion.

I am a gamer, we are all gamers, and who among us enjoys having their game time de-railed by non-sensical, lashings out and rantings of those who would rather "push buttons" than truly play the game? Not all comprised of Military Veterans, as some may say the name suggests, but this clan is filled with Veterans of it all - games, life, servers, websites, as well as many true Military Veterans of upstanding nature. They, we, bring it all together because VETERANS-GAMING COOP is not for us, it is for all of you as well. It is to be the "place" we all dream of, to game and joke and laugh, and leave the serious bull of the world back in the world.

Join the VETERANS-GAMING COOP Servers and you will be walking into the domicile of your good neighbor. Bring your best manners, as this is the world's stage, and get your game face on! Leave the politics at the door, and think first of the team, as you are now a part of it.

For those who choose to bring opposing attitudes through the door, there is only one route, and no amount of appeal to peers local or throughout the entirity of the PC Gamers social networks will re-open that door to you. As reference, I invite you (age permitting) to view the opening scene of the movie "The Dirty Dozen".

Play the game, if you mess up, apologize, we take it all in stride. But past that, there is no "I'm sorry".
To quote the single greatest speaker of our time:
"fool me once, shame on..... shame on you. Fool me...... ..... ...you can't get fooled again."

• 1 month later...
SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

[...]
"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time."

I found VETERANS-GAMING well over a year ago, when I was looking for a proper COOP server to bridge the gap between Project Reality Training and Project Reality Deployment in an active "for the win" server. And, now, when I deploy, it is only with them. On COOP, they play with a degree of teamwork and cooperation that makes you forget the enemy is (just) AI. As a matter of fact, the PR AI aren't pushovers, as they will always have numbers that need to be matched with tactics - give them an inch, and they take a mile!

I've had my best gaming experiences here, and something more than that because of their rules, structure, and fairness.

As stated, a very friendly bunch, welcoming and encouraging to all players no0b or Vet, young or old. Big focus on social networking and losing oneselves in the atmosphere of the game Project Reality has created for us all, and many others, too. It was truly fun and games until I met a different kind of player, the "Turd". On more than one occasion, I was teamkilled for an asset, or just for no reason at all. Needless to say, in a PC game that can take more than 10 minutes to set up and arrive at the front with an organized group, such disruptions can really be a fun killer. As we all know, travel times alone are far longer in PR than the average PC military shooter, even in COOP.

[...]

Many would point to the clear and well thought out Rules of Conduct clearly prevelant on the VETERANS-GAMING site, servers, and the beginning of this thread, but the truth is far less superficial. In =VG=, you will find REAL people. Plain and simple. That is the big secret - no mystery, no instant conference, no far-fetched psycic abilities. Just real people that really know each other, and share a common goal of disruption free gameplay, cooperation, and teamwork
- a true clan. Not just friends, not just admins enforcing rules, not just gamers with "=VG=" before their online avatar nicks.

Many clans have many well run servers, but few clans have as many as VETERANS-GAMING, who push to re-define the lines and definitions of a clan, almost ahead of their own vision if only so much as to witness it's emergence. Military COOP's, Flight/Fighter-Sim COOP's, Source Engine COOP's...
After getting to know each and every one of them, I began to make some real friends there. We know each other on a first name basis. Eventually, they invited me into their clan, and I proudly accepted. Only now do I fully understand the drive and passion that keeps the =VG= PR COOP Server clean and populated. It is just that - passion.

I am a gamer, we are all gamers, and who among us enjoys having their game time de-railed by non-sensical, lashings out and rantings of those who would rather "push buttons" than truly play the game? Not all comprised of Military Veterans, as some may say the name suggests, but this clan is filled with Veterans of it all - games, life, servers, websites, as well as many true Military Veterans of upstanding nature. They, we, bring it all together because VETERANS-GAMING COOP is not for us, it is for all of you as well. It is to be the "place" we all dream of, to game and joke and laugh, and leave the serious bull of the world back in the world.

Join the VETERANS-GAMING COOP Servers and you will be walking into the domicile of your good neighbor. Bring your best manners, as this is the world's stage, and get your game face on! Leave the politics at the door, and think first of the team, as you are now a part of it.

For those who choose to bring opposing attitudes through the door, there is only one route, and no amount of appeal to peers local or throughout the entirity of the PC Gamers social networks will re-open that door to you. As reference, I invite you (age permitting) to view the opening scene of the movie "The Dirty Dozen".

Play the game, if you mess up, apologize, we take it all in stride. But past that, there is no "I'm sorry".
To quote the single greatest speaker of our time:
"fool me once, shame on..... shame on you. Fool me...... ..... ...you can't get fooled again."

yes. i've experienced VG and got the same impression :)
i knew a different kind of gameplay with even more voicechatting - just a lot more talking ingame about tactics and about personal things and god and the world ;)
when i started playing PR, i found this server and was feeling like i finally found the oasis after a long walk through the desert. a walk where i passe some wells, but they were spoiled or poisened and stinking.
so i kept moving on and i came here :)

Leave the politics at the door, and think first of the team, as you are now a part of it.
after some time, i found many posted about conspiracy-theories and the likes, so i also posted a video that shocked me when i first saw it.
i dont know how much of what was said or shown in the videop was true or if it was propaganda, but it shocked me, so i posted it and asked what the others think about it.
it was saying that US-soldiers were using "baiting tactics" and it showed a CAS action. i can laugh about it now, as you can align pictures and videos and manipulate so much, i can even make those photomanipulations myself. so its not in any way true, just because you saw a video.
and i got a mad mail from BludKlot... because i didnt know that i should have left the political opinion outside the door and also i found that its best to not suggest or accuse someones army, the army he is proud of, to have done something awful. I myself am not so proud of my country, about its politics, about its politicians and about what the army is currently doing, but others are proud about theirs and it should be respected.
i apologized and understood that rule and i'm fine with that and i'm glad we can play together :)
this is his house and everyone should act to the rules of the houseowner:
play by the rules, respect other players, dont waste assets, play as a team :)
i hope those other people learn that someday and come along better by then.

--- oops i thought this was in the "report bad player" or "unban me please" category ---

i cant donate much, especially not every month, but i think i will donate some, as i want to keep this "oasis" up.
maybe you can look at it like that: blud is a great buddy and you're always going to his house because he has the best parties... and you should bring some beer or a present ;)

Nice Semler!
I agree with hans ..if everybody just pay a little bit..we get it... 40 People = 10$ ore 400 People = 1$ and we are around 1500 People ..and i dont know how many VG members but i guess we are around 40+. Blud have to do all the work and i thing he dont have to pay all of the money ...more of us should help... and 5$ is nothing but if everybody spend it ...it is a lot

i'm not so firm with using paypal (only bought minecraft for me and my brother that way). today i thought "damn, its time to contribute to this great server and community, which gave me the possibility to have some great gaming experiences." so i just donated an amount i can afford: 10 USD :) I'll see when i can do that the next time ;)

• 1 month later...
Pvt. Charry LAN_WROTE ...

man i would really pay every month but the problem is that i'm so young and i don't any mastercard or that stuff. my parents don't have this card either so i really dont know how to support you guys :( but when i'm 18 i could do that monthly :)

If you can't donate cash it's ok man we understand. By sharing our content, liking our stuff, following us on Facebook and Twitter, subscribing to us on YouTube are all other ways to show your love! We look for that involvement when considering new members as well so if you have an interest in joining us then it's a great way to show your support and for us to get to know each other better. Anyway, thanks for thinking of us!

Blud

• 3 months later...
$10 here, $5 there, the occasional and very generous $50...
Please - support your local servers! A Smacktard-free server isn't free - and we run a Sandy Bridge i7 with 8 cores and 32GB of DDR3 RAM for smooth, lag free gaming because we love it!
VG Loves You All!! Share the Love!