Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] [PR:BF2] Playing music in Local

DRKJiveVigilante

Hey guys, I have a Question, aimed to the Players of the =VG= PR2 Coop Server.
What do you guys think about playing Music in Local? (If it fits the Situation that is, and is not an annoying tune like Chipmunks stuff.) Does it really get on your nerves? Do you enjoy it very much? whats your opinion about this? I for myself have a Blast when iam in a Helicopter in a Vietnam Mission, and someone is playing something of Rolling Stones :)

I actually ask this, because there is no rule forbidding it, and I wanted to hear your Oppinions about this

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this be on a case by case basis? There is a rule about this - it is spelled out as "any disruption to players"... So, when done right and rarely, and not loud volume that is disruptive, who cares - but if you ask someone to cut it out or turn it down, and they do not, ask an Admin to enforce the "no disruptions" rule.

I enjoy it too, though I've not played in a long time, when a short bit of a song can be heard over local and it's appropriate (and not overly disruptive) - but I voted no in this poll. It has to be a case by case thing, and if some people find it disruptive, it shouldn't be done around them out of respect for your fellows...

JMHO
!hi

As Semler said, case by case.
It's not against the rules nor is it always a bad thing, but as soon as someone asks you to stop you should.

For me it's like helicopters. If a chopper comes to pick up another squad and leave I'd have no problems, same as if someone was playing music over mumble as they drive a logi around the map. So long as they don't stick around I'm happy.
You get that pilot that hovers a few meters off the ground as he follows you and your squad. Annoying as all hell when you're trying to talk or listen to others, and that goes double when there is a chance of enemies attacking and that's just disruptive. Eventually someone's going to get sick enough to do something about it.

What I've seen so far isn't an issue. I haven't witnessed anyone pushing the limit or being disruptive. It's low enough to still talk/listen and it's nice on a long ride lol. As long as the music doesn't suck. Case by case admin this issue for now IMO/.02 Cheers