Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] Project Reality & FH2

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Howdy all,

I am trying to gather a consensus on whether or not we should re-institute these servers back with gameservers.com, or just forget them both completely due to lack of interest. Those are your options. Please vote. I miss the old days of PR, but if there isn't any interest, it isn't worth the cash IMO. I never see anyone using it anymore, so I'm not sure. The way things are being handled now is like we don't have them anyway, so something needs to be done. I'm ready to take it over again, but only if you guys will play some of the older stuff that brought us together to begin with. Any, please vote to keep or kill the servers. (again)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just tell for FH2... right now i know People dont play because of the Problems.
If we fix the Problems, i know for sure Hans, Ace, Oni, Sparky and me will Play...
and im sure others will fallow, Deep, Savage, Jarema, Gnutt.

We should keep the Server and should install so much mods as we can, i already talked to Semler and Solar about
Eve of Destruction, maybe not the best mod at all but the best Vietnam mod for BF2.
And if the server is fast enogth we could run AI-X there too.

But things have to be done... right now nobody play, we all wait for the go but we are ready for duty sir !
!gundown

Honestly I think we still have a fair bit of sway over the PR and FH2 populations. I know for a fact people still play on the PR server even though it constantly crashes.

Most VG players who get on the servers end up leaving pretty quick because no-one has been able to get admin status on the recent server and the few previous servers have had people not having admin because they can't get on when someone's available to give it to them.

Morrison I don't know what problems happen on the FH2 server but I'm more than happy to take a look/fix them but I can't if I have no idea what's wrong, Fastjack probably can fix some aswell. Chances are at least a few can be fixed server side.

EOD is one of many BF2 mods that are just dead they won't come back no matter how much we want them to, Everything ends up this way at some stage. I mean sure we might get a few VG guys organized an in the server but most won't even bother downloading the 3 gigs needed to play it.
AIX still has players but people are going to play on a server that they know gets players, This is the reason our FH2 and PR servers are still popular, We used to have an AIX server a year ago and it was never populated then so there's even less of a chance of that happening now.
My suggestion if you want to have an event with one of these mods is just to set it up and play it on someone elses server.

@ Melon, right now Solar and Semler work on a Admin program for FH2 it looks like BF2CC doesent work the right way. In the Past we had Problems with the maps. Some maps are just 16player stupid small, even if we say that we want a 64player map it switch back to 16p. Maybe that problem is solved with our new Server but i dont know yet.
Another thing is that some maps have 9999 Tickets and some have just 300 and some 600, there is now way to control the number of Tickets.

You are right with the Admin, i hope the "Job list" from Savage help.
If you know who to ask for that stuff it gets faster, I was most time availible for FH2 and gave all VG?s - Admin on the Server.
TEDF is most time there for PR and if he has the power to give admin he will. But we are just availible in our Time zone, i cant give Admin to australiens on of us sleeps when the other is online, would be perfect to have one European, one American and one Australian Head Admin for each Server

I dont know how actual that informations are, Solar,Terrema and Semler workin on it and maybe the already solve one of the problems.

With EoD it is just a little mod, we can run in the backround, just for crazy vietnam vets who wanna play it. It doesnt cost more money if we have it...it doenst really need a lot of resorces. And we should not forget people who are not members of the VG empire yet.... i know a lot of people who want the "good old time" it is allways like that, people cry for old TV shows, old music and old games .... btw i am one of them

yeah that sucks.. I'd be there Ted but I have loads of other stuff going on right now.
don't give up hope though! we WILL get it up if we set our mind on it!

as for the vote, Ill let the people who donate and work with these servers most to decide.
still im for keeping.

PS. for any ARMA players: this game still has its charm especially because its between realistic and fun(gun run fun), give it a try! you wont be disappointed, people who have newly started ARMA might not like it that much (yet)

im willing to try to get the old box working, or help setup/maintain the new box. i'd love to get back into PR, especially after watching some 1.0 vis id like to play it again.

The problem now is that rarely anyone plays from here except for a select few like ted and others, and the status of the server lately has kind of driven people away. im not sure what to do honestly.

if we do keep it up, we need to make a big effort to get it running again, and not just go through all the trouble/funds to put it back up, and then never play on it or try to grow its playerbase.