Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

What to do, what to do?

beetlebailey1

I flew a BARCAP tonite the result of which puzzles me. I got dinged for leaving early, but I had to. When I quizzed my wingie as to his fuel state, he said "Bingo." Not wanting my man to go down that way, I requested relief from Chalice. No go. I stayed as long as I could, requesting relief several times, and was denied every time.

My first question is, why did my wingie run out of go juice so quick? We were only 15 minutes into a 32 minute BARCAP. Second, why won't AWACS grant relief when you say you're bingo? And the biggest question, what was I to do? Should I have told him RTB and remain on station? Should we both have stayed and see if we could have recovered at alternate? Or, did I do the right thing by leaving station even though the time wasn't completed?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beetle,

There are known (at least to others) issues with AI fuel consumption. There are a couple of forum posts about it over at the BMS site. Can't say as i've had problems on a BARCAP specifically though. I haven't had any issues when i check-out with the AWACS, so i can't help there.

RAM can probably expand on the AI fuel crap.