Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Problems with SST Programming Software and X-52 (non-Pro)

=VG= SemlerPDX

I have been having issues with this x52 in that the SST programming software seems to think I have an x52 Pro - I have researched this online, I'm not alone:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3065186/Problems_with_Saitek_x52_Profi.html

Problem is, this guy fixed his issue by uninstalling the drivers, and software, and then reinstalling.
I've done that 5 times! With more than one version of drivers/software. I do have a 64-bit system, which I have found causes some problems, but still.... I know how to clean my system, I've removed everything Saitek on each attempted reinstall (reg keys, Sys32 drivers, old program folders left over, etc.)

If anyone has any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't be the only one running a non-Pro x52 in a 64-bit environment....
!hi

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, no. It does not recognize the controler at all. The install on the included disc recognizes the controller, but says (example):
"Gunslinger.pr0 does not contain a profile for this device
This device has not been profiled"

When I download the Saitek 64-bit drivers from their site, it won't even recognize the controller as attached or programmable.

I'll put some more time into my online research, and perhaps figure something out. If anyone has any ideas, I'm shooting in the dark here.

Thx!
!hi

(on a side note - I wonder what happened to my Sig?)

FIXED!! Found this on SimHQ forums:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3481012/Saitek_X52_Driver_and_Software.html

I needed to not use the supplied disc but download special drivers in an almost hidden section of their downloads lists.

I'll be buzzin the tower in an F-16 pretty soon, now!
!pilot

• 2 weeks later...
Go to Saitek.
Click on downloads.
Click on "Choose your Product"
Click "Joystick"
Click "X52"
Select OS
Go to your windows temp files
Click on Saitek
Search there for a .msi file
Execute that file
Profiler will then work.

I know you figured this out, but some people still have this problem a lot.

Also, make a folder for profiles and any profile you download, add it to that file. In the profiler, select "Open" and choose the profile you want. Once it's loaded in the profiler, select "Profile Now"

The_BrentP LAN_WROTE ...

Go to Saitek.
Click on downloads.
Click on "Choose your Product"
Click "Joystick"
Click "X52"
Select OS
Go to your windows temp files
Click on Saitek
Execute that file
Profiler will then work.

I know you figured this out, but some people still have this problem a lot.

Also, make a folder for profiles and any profile you download, add it to that file. In the profiler, select "Open" and choose the profile you want. Once it's loaded in the profiler, select "Profile Now"

*Go to your windows temp files
*Click on Saitek

(*or to the folder your downloads go to - this may be different by default depending on OS, browser, etc.)

Thank you so much for the help - no one should have to go through that mess, it's rather confusing at first! It was quite a headache for a few days there. Also, still have problems with the controller locking up when using some programmed commands (Shift / for my HOTAS NWS/AR Disc/Missile Step Command in Falcon 4 BMS), ends up in an OS Restart to unlock it (or a nice BSOD - blue screen of death). Poffadder has also noted these problems. I guess I'll try some macros - already found out that the "mouse cursor" isn't all that good, and some programs have a fit with it such as Planetside 2.

It took me literally 3 or 4 hours of messing with it to find out that installing the software actually does nothing and you have to search for a random file in different sets of random files to be able to actually get the profiler installed. I found mine hiding in the Cyborg's driver folder. Great piece of equipment....horrible software.