Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Headset Switch Box

=VG= Renainn

Ok so I use TS on my 2nd computer and play on my main computer. My 2nd computer is the hand me down computer made from the parts that I upgraded from for the main computer.

I have used teamspeak on the 2nd computer for many many years. I have always wanted to make it so I can play with my friends while in TS and then be able to voice chat in game.

I found a USB switch, but whenever I switched between the two computers, Windows wanted to re-install the USB headset.

So I made my own work-a-round.

The Headset Switch Box.

It is nothing fancy, just 2 switches, 6 - 1/8 inch stereo jacks, some wire, and a project box.

Here is the picture of it:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha! I don't exactly see why the need for a second PC to run TS3 - unless it's a "second monitor" workaround. I used my laptop for TS3 when it conflicted with Falcon 4: AF for a time. Nowadays, I just use a Y jack on my SoundBlaster for my 2.1 and my headset mic at the same time. Is this for the second monitor, to see the TS3 channels - or is it a performance thing/internet ports/USB ports hardware issue?

Actually, the second computer idea was a way to use parts that I had upgraded from. The computer was set up so I could use TS and research r when I played Everquest. EQ had a nasty habit of being brought down by TS. Plus for the quests I could look them up and have the help easily ready.

So I just keep it going for the ease of use with TS.

Guest AirborneAlways
I never let computer hardware go to waste. Only one of the two desktops and a laptop did I pay for, the other two desktops were free for the taking by owners who had upgraded to newer.

So I always look for new ingenuous ways of making them all work together (two systems are Microsnot, one Unbuntu and one Mint).

nice little box :)
i thought of having such a switchbox for VGA monitor.
my desk is too small for two monitors and i would love to have a second computer for playing old DOS-games and maybe it would be great as you said for research while playing. so my idea was having both PCs connected to one screen and switch between them if needed :) same for keyboard and PS2 mouse.

Guest AirborneAlways
Pvt. Pirate LAN_WROTE ...

nice little box :)
i thought of having such a switchbox for VGA monitor.
my desk is too small for two monitors and i would love to have a second computer for playing old DOS-games and maybe it would be great as you said for research while playing. so my idea was having both PCs connected to one screen and switch between them if needed :) same for keyboard and PS2 mouse.

Look in to KVM switches which is the common way to have multiple computers but single keyboard/video/mouse.

AirborneAlways LAN_WROTE ...

I never let computer hardware go to waste. Only one of the two desktops and a laptop did I pay for, the other two desktops were free for the taking by owners who had upgraded to newer.

So I always look for new ingenuous ways of making them all work together (two systems are Microsnot, one Unbuntu and one Mint).

Nice to see a fellow Linux user on the forums ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Look in to KVM switches which is the common way to have multiple computers but single keyboard/video/mouse.

i just google'd "KVM switches" and only found products of 200 EURO and above...
if i had 200 EURO at hand, i would solche many problems and none of those has to do with computers !crying
might aswell grab a guitar and play songs in the city !russian then my renown would be completely ruined... hope that problem is solved next month ;-)

Guest AirborneAlways
SolarFlame =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Nice to see a fellow Linux user on the forums ;)

did you check tigerdirect.com or newegg.com?

The price you found seems a BIT high for a simple two computer KVM switch.

Renainn =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

The issue with KVM switches is that they are too expensive for what I need and those that use USB have the same issue of straight USB switches. Windows will re-detech the hardware everytime it is switched on and want to reinstall drivers.

i know that problem, because i have it with my webcam.