Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Community Server Discusssion and Mods List

=VG= SavageCDN

I thought it would be best to create a thread for mods that are currently running on the Community Mods server.. for players to comment and discuss. This is a WIP!!

If you see a mod you would like added please post it up and we'll check it out. I'd love to create a VG 'modpack' with the mods we like to use.. and stick to them so that requirements don't change every week.

Also we can debate certain features of Arma that you'd like to see in all missions (ie: respawn, FF off, etc).

Current Mods available on server:
(surely I'm missing a few...)

ACE
ACEX
ACEX_RU
ACEX_USNAVY
ACRE (plus jayarma2lib_new)
CBA (all three)
Fallujah
Lingor
Lingor Units
Dingor
Namalsk
Namalsk Campaign
Rangers (davegary)
RH Weapons Packs

Client-side Only:

Blastcore
JSRS
st_lb_enhance
sthud
stmovement
st_interact
st_acre_volume

Mission Types:

COOP, Deathmatch, TDM
Large missions involving most of the map
Small, short, task-oriented missions

Mission Features:

Respawn - Yes or No?
Revive script - Yes or No?
Briefing Gear selection?
Full Ammo Crate at spawn location?

Are you annoyed by all the mods we use?
Are you a fan of ACE/ACRE?

Would you like to see more sci-fi or other 'unusual' mission types with either sci-fi?

Other Mission Makers:

Would you be interested in some basic Arma 'classes'? What about a mission template with all the necessary files and scripts to start creating your own missions?

Thanks guys!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one I was looking at today: ASR Appendix
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125329-ASR-Appendix

ASR Appendix is a collection of various addons for Arma2:CO meant to enhance the
multiplayer game experience with subtle config tweaks and additional scripted features.
While there are no other addon requirements than the CBA mod, ASR Appendix will also
detect and activate features for other addons, for example, the ACE mod.

Components so far:
- main
- sys_automodules
- mapgrids
- sys_throwablesatchel_ace

1. MAIN

- This is the core component required by all other addons that are part of this mod.

2. SYS_AUTOMODULES

- Enables server and client customization by running custom code triggered from the server.
- All features are optional and can be disabled or adjusted in the userconfig file
(
\userconfig\asr\asr_appendix_settings.hpp)
- provide hints for players after joining with a message of the day or other useful information
- reject players that are missing certain addons
- auto-enable low-detail grass
- configure custom starting view distance depending on the map where the mission takes place
- configure default ACRE personal radio type
- auto-enable ACE AI and radio talk
- unlock user viewdistance changing in the ACE Settings menu for certain game modes
- auto-enable the ACE GPS unit markers for all missions
- hide ACE group markers to the units without GPS
- disable a few ACE features some might not like very much
- automatically enables the ACE wounding module in all missions.
- automatically disables the BIS first aid modules if ACE wounding was enabled.
- extra medical supplies into many vehicles like jeeps, APCs, transport helicopters or boats.
- automatically enables the ACE revive system with spectator and a short timer for any mission where this
wasn't already defined. The ACE revive will not auto-initialize in some situations though:
- Norrin's revive detected
- Bon's AIS detected
- Insufficient meds available in player's inventory after 10 minutes

- Combat First Aid - alternative revive action for ACE in the interaction menu. Requires ACE Wounding with revive to be enabled.
It automatically stops the bleeding, injects morphine and ephinefrine while doing the healing animation.
Needs 1 bandage, 1 morphine and 1 epi to complete. To interrupt, simply move away from the injured (unconscious soldier).

- Mission Crate - transfers the content of the mission briefing gear (weapons, mags and rucks) into a crate at the
starting position, allowing access to this (often critical) gear during the mission.
Notes:
- A player group leader running the mod is required - the crate will be created at his position.
- If the insertion is done by vehicle, the crate will be created where the leader player gets out.
- ACE special features for the items in the crate:
- All magazines for disposable launchers will be converted into launchers. If there is a Javelin, a CLU will be added too.
- SMAW spotting mags are added if there are any SMAW rockets.
- OA rucks will be converted into ACE rucks.
- When the wounding module is enabled, a medical crate is created too.

This component can be installed server-side but it is also needed on the clients for these 2 features: Combat First Aid and Mission Crate

3. MAPGRIDS

- Maps have grids of 6 digits at maximum zoom (accuracy: 100 x 100 m) or, when zooming out the map,
4 digits (1000 x 1000 m) grids.
- GPS (or ACE DAGR) will show more accurate coordonates with 8 digits (10 x 10m).
- Optional config addons provide support for: CLAfghan, CWR2, Duala, Everon, Fallujah, Hazar-Kot, Kulima, Lingor, Namalsk,
Panthera, Podagorsk, Thirsk and ST_HUD.
- Fixes the map grid offsets for all these maps so that position 0,0 corresponds with grid 00 (required for some mods eg. the Palladin).

This component should be deployed on all clients and the server

4. THROWABLE SATCHEL (optional, ACE version only)

- Allows demo experts to convert regular satchels into throwables with 10 second fuses (and convert back).
- Standalone ACE version; user the self-interaction menu for the conversion.
- Throw it like a grenade (but a very heavy one, so it goes really short); after that, Run!
- Signed with a separate key

This component should be deployed on all clients and the server

Thanks for making this thread, Savage.

This ASR Appendix looks really cool, we should test it.
About the mods, i'm ok with all of those in your list, can think only of st_lb_enhance, and what was the name of that st mod that allowed you to bunnyhop?

Mission types: "unusual" stuff is fun but we shouldn't make too many of those. In my opinion small missions are better, we could just play few missions in a row, if we want and if we have them.
Respawn - no, i think we should add more time to incap state, like 2 or 3 minutes, but have it with just 1 life.
Briefing Gear - yes, if it works with all features, like backpacks. We usually waste too much time sitting at the crates.

And i really like Namalsk, let's play on that map more often.

That mod. It's still not on SixUpdater though.

I have no idea I only really started to work on it last week. I'm actually still amazed almost everything worked as it should :)

With that island I could easily do 4-5 more missions with the same theme. Saturday all we did was recon a small corner of the top part of the island !yes

Some small problems though - most buildings on Namalsk are NOT enterable by AI units so it will be hard to do any cqb or house-clearing type missions.

@FJ - what do you mean 'longlife' campaigns? Ones that take a long time to complete?

I liked the mision you did, I dont think it would be bright to do to many of them as it would kinda ruin what was fun about it, The originality... like of course do the rest of the campagne but then back to our regulars for a while... I like the thought of the mision breifing... we knew nothing. It was what made it Entertaining and the fact we worked as an element. Maybe a little more of braking off into smaller groups like One FT holds this area while the rest move to another and so on....

Mod wise... I have no problems? its not dificult just setting your six to download a couple over night? make sure to check them when you wake to see they all downloaded and there wasnt a silly error like what happend too me...

I think outlanders has the right thought with the Incap timer... just put a little extra on it and respawns wont be needed...

• 2 weeks later...