Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

DayZ =VG= Players Diary

suomikeizari

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today?s players: Pig, saxapwn6romeo, Renainn, , and PITN.

Server(s): DE 378
Version 1.7.2.3

Operation RoadRunner (Weapon collecting)

Joined the game to find everyone giddy about scoring some vehicles. A 4x4 pickup, a Lada, and an ATV. There was also a report of a repairable helo but we were unable to locate it. We lost the pickup due to a server reset but everything else was secured. Renainn and sax headed to the eastern airfield on the ATV for fuel and weapons. Pig searched for his helo and I sat in camp talking shit. Renainn and sax moved on to a store and secured some suppies while me and pig devised our next OP.

We decided to raid the NW airfield. Renainn and sax would approach from the East while myself and PIG came in from the west to provide overwatch. Renainn and sax found a crashed helo enroute to the barracks and looted that for all it was worth. PIG and me refueled our vehicle and 500m from the airfield we saw a dead zombie. This was an indicator of a player nearby. We turned around in our noisy Lada and booked it out of there. The airfield raid was called off. Meanwhile the helo looting continued.

Hearing all the traffic and unavailable space issues we drove around the airfield to meet up with team 2. Along the way we discovered an ATV in need of repair. It needs 2x wheels, an engine and fuel. We applied some scrap metal and left it for another day. After meeting up with team 2 we secured the crash site and secured what we could. Some weapons were lost to the netherworld. Oh well.

We decided that luck was on our side and we set course for the barracks. Team 2 would provide overwatch while PIG and me secured the loot. We managed to get an M4A1 and a SVD. AS we pulled out we started taking fire point blank on the drivers side. I was driving btw. Thinking that sax was shooting the zombies ahead of us I sat there asking on comms we they were shooting the car. We quickly decided that it was a player and I floored it while he was popping away. I was glad this dude was a bad shot. Team 2 engaged the target and he quickly Alt-f4'd into the abyss and was still alive.

We ran down and then returned to the scene of the carnage. Checking the player list we saw ten dudes trying to join including the biatch. Great. Not only was this guy a punk ass biatch but he called his clan on us. Not wanting to get ghosted by the exploiters we performed a tactical withdraw. Team 2 egressed East and we headed south.

Not more than a kilometer south of the airfield we see another crashed helo. SCORE! PIG jumped out on overwatch while I drove the the crashsite. PIG was killed most of the Z's with his trusty M249. I mopped up and secured a FN-FAL and a Bizon SD. Awesome! We loaded up and hauled ass to camp.

We had a good run today. Hopefully soon the Alt-F4 exploit will be fixed and we can actually kill of those server hoppin' biatches.

Standing orders:
If you just washed up on the beach you are instructed to arm yourself with at least a melee weapon and secure medical gear BEFORE you move inland to the AO.

Good hunting.

Note: Everyone please update your status.

Last known weapon status:
    PITN
    • M16 M203/G17

PigFarmer
    • M249

Dave (hiding under his blanket with his NVGs)
    • ?

Lazlo
    • M4A1 CCO SD/?

Renain
    • L85 AWS/?

saxapwn6romeo
    • M16?

We are currently near Devil's Castle
    !eatmyuzi

Current loot request.

TENTS
    JEEPS and 4x4s
    Intel on any HELICOPTER. Even repairable ones.

Latest INTEL:
    Crashed Helo 2+ and looted.

Advanced belt gear such as:
    Rangefinder
    NVG
    GPS
    Toolbox
    Entrenching Tool

Ammo:
    All 9mm including SD (I'm desperate)
    .45 Revolver or M1911. This ammo can be converted.
    STANAG
    FNFAL
    DMR

Weapons:
    Any sniper rifle +ammo.
    SD weapons +ammo
    Scoped assault rifles. PSO/ACOG
    MG/AR
    M203 rifles

Tomorrow's mission (optional).

Operation Polaris:
    We have located an ATV and we intend make it our prize. The vehicle is 95% damaged and requires multiple parts.
    You are not to mount the vehicle until the parts have been applied. Especially the engine. Doing this before the vehicle is repaired may cause it to glitch out and explode. Try to get it green before moving it.

You are ordered to secure 2x wheels, engine parts, fuel tank parts, and fuel.
    After securing the gear, move to the last known location of the ATV. (Contact PIG for info)
    This mission requires, at a minumum, two men with empty backpacks and a TOOLBOX.
    I recommend using the working ATV.
    Berizino has a large industrial area and you should be able to secure the necessary gear in one trip.

PIG-FARMER is the POC (Point Of Contact) for this mission.

Good hunting.

Gear intel: This gear takes up _x number of slots each.
    One wheel = 6 slots.
    Engine parts = 4 slots.
    Fuel tank parts = 4 slots.
    Fuel can = 3 slots.

DE 378 - DO NOT LOG: i logged in to find myself in a random location in the wilderness with no gear along with about 8 other players all fresh respawns with no gear. i also noticed people joining the server and immediately dying (which i normally find amusing) I immediately logged off fearing the worst. got into another server but this time with all my gear intact except i spawned near Otmel.

dont know if the server is fucked or not just be careful.

Sounds like the server wasn't synced with the HIVE properly. It happens. The good thing is that the server didn't pork your character on the HIVE.

BTW. 1.7.2.4 has been released and if your brave you can start testing it. This update REQUIRES the latest beta. It also requires that every server run BattlEye and be updated with the latest HIVE and beta and DayZ files or it will be blacklisted.

It should fail to connect now if you join a server running the wrong files.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48329-hotfix-build-1724-rolling-update/

Changelog:
    * [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play
    * [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login
    * [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)
    * [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)
    * [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)
    * [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)
    * [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture
    * [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)
    * [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)
    * [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position
    * [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)