Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Error is: "Extended_EventHandlers" requires addon 'CATracked2.AAV'

=VG= Renainn

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pitn. From what I have been able to ferret out, those are files that should have been installed at the same time as the mod was installed.

The other more pressing matter is that Arma is having a Bad CD Key error. I have been in contact with support for help, I ended up deleting and reinstalling Arma2 and OA. This worked for 2 times, then the error came up again.

Do you have the Steam version of Arma? If so make sure you are running Steam as an administrator then go into your Library, right-click on Arma game, Properties, Local Files, Verify Game Cache.

Also once you are past this make sure you are running Arma Combined OPs (not Arma 2 only or Arma 2 OA only). You can do this by running Arma 2 once, Arma 2 OA once, then in Steam library right-click on Arma 2 OA and select Launch Arma 2 Combined Operations. This will merge the content of both games into one. You can also use an Arma launcher program to do this (advised if you also use mods).

I think you just have to fire up the game and get to the main menu.. doing this adds the proper registry keys or something and then you can run Combined Ops which has the content of both games. Also make sure you run the verify thing under both games. If you still get the 'bad serial in setup' error then you might have to contact Steam support.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1862823

The proper procedure for installing Arma is as follows, steam may be slightly different, but order must be followed:

Current Install Order for Arma 2:
1. Install Arma 2

2. Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

3. Run Arma 2 at least once; exit back to desktop.

4. Run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead at least once; exit back to desktop.

5. If you have BAF DLC Addon Pack, install it.

6. Run BAF at least once; exit to desktop.

7. If you have PMC DLC Addon Pack, install it.

8. Run PMC at least once; exit to desktop.

9. Install the 1.60 Patch (or run Steam update) now.

10. Spend a fair amount of time removing key bindings you will never use for the 20 redundant Arma buttons !lol

Hope this helps someone, cuz it would have helped me get into servers with V2 checks back in the day.....

It's all about the install order!

Ok Semler,
I just attempted to log onto the VG Arma2 Clafgan server. I received the following error:
missing a deleted file: caweapons_ammoboxes.

I remember you saying something about this last night, but I cannot recall what.
So as it stands, i cannot get on the server. And you are afk on the TS server at the time of writing this.

Cheers!

then poke me, or message me on Steam. geez...lol.

Run Combined Operations. I have since weeded out all Arma 2 elements that accidentally got included when I added Ft. Irwin Training Center elements and UNA Target Boards to the CLAfghan COOP Mission.

Will have the rest sorted before dawn.

Till then, run the game as Combined Operations as I told you, and you won't have a problem.

It's that you have Steam that I don't know how to do these things. You should have me as a friend on Steam through VG Members, and if you message me, Steam beeps. So does TeamSpeak if you poke me.
!hi

To run as Combined Ops with Steam you need to run each game separately through Steam at least once, then go back into your Steam Library, right-click on Arma Operation Arrowhead and select Run as Combined Operations (or something to that effect). You will have to this each time you launch Arma.. or download a mod manager like Armarize or Six Updater which handles this for you (and much more).

We need a post specifically about Arma 2 lauchers, preferably with screenshots, and featuring instructions and pics for most the popular ones, or at least the most popular one.

This would be a great news item, but I am a bit busy at the moment, and when I'm done I'll be busy connecting all my social network/blog/YouTube things so I can cross post all the info and vids from the new CLAfghan mission and for VG.

Also, I still need to contact Raptor to see where he left off before he left VG, and perhaps get the files from him or re-do the whole thing myself.