Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

1.60 patch

=VG= SavageCDN

Noticed this in the PR forums today... looks like they are working hard on improving the netcode for ARMA and a fix for this will be included in the 1.60 update!!

Our Lead Programmer, Suma, has posted an update regarding the status of the 1.60 patch for ARMA 2 on our forums, which you can find here.

Originally Posted by Suma

Good news

The good news is we have made very promising progress with multiplayer interpolation, which looks like it could have a huge impact on solving jerkiness and jumping of remote units in multiplayer. The progress was so good we are now inclined to include this in the 1.60 version, as it looks we will be able to finish this a lot faster than we expected a week ago.

Bad news

The bad news is this is likely to delay the 1.60 patch a few weeks - you are already seeing this on the state of the beta patch. While the interpolation is not enabled in it still, it contains some preparation steps which are not well tested yet, and are causing crashes, funny footsteps, visual jerkiness issue.

Please, consider the patches 84391 and newer "highly experimental" again until the situations stabilizes a bit, which we hope should be within a week.

We apologize to those who already expected the 1.60 to be released "anytime" now, we think the improvement we are likely to make within the weeks to come will make the update worth waiting for.
So, as you can see, 1.60 will indeed hold some nice goodies for you folks over here playing PR. You will just have to be patient for a little while longer.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440-pr-arma2-general-discussion/102861-patch-1-60-update-man-himself.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Ok. I just had a dumbass moment. I saw this thread again at the top of the list, "1.60 Patch", my heart began beating heavy as I started yelling "YES! YES! YES!"........ !yahoo

Ahh, just another update saying "anytime now". Coming back down to Earth now. (breath, Semler, breath)

Still, I am so stoked that this is coming in a matter of days/weeks now. The MP is so fun I play through that crap, but it isn't really "playing" now is it? I've been up against humans lately, as I am learning the game mode "Takistan Life" and the internet bullshit is just about killing the tactics (imagine trying to P.I.T. a badguy's car with your police vehicle through that desync!).

• 3 weeks later...
1.60 RC1 was released over the weekend - DO NOT INSTALL it if you want to play on most servers as you cannot roll back to 1.59 and AFAIK there aren't a lot of 1.60 RC1 servers out there.

Hopefully this will become the final release which means official patch before 2012... YAY!!

• 3 weeks later...
For those of you with Operation Arrowhead only you can now combine Arma 2 Free with (paid) OA version to get Combined Ops Lite (meaning you can join most servers)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2077027#post2077027