Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Coop - Another coop map yay.

R-CON LangMaster

Hey man,

just wanted to say a big thank you for your work!

I only played Adak twice, but I really enjoyed strolling around in that eastern city. That part might look a bit monotonous or repetitive, but it has a great feel to it.

Whole map feels like a nuclear test site, with an artificial town built next to it.

Great work.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, though i am just a guy that makes maps being able to be played on coop or possibly fix them in some way, since i am not the map owner, i just made the whole coop layer for it and coop compatibility and let me tell you it is fucking pain, sadly there are many limitations that really limit me from making more stuff for coop, i have fixed changed or totally reworked plenty of stuff, but only tiny bit of it gets into the core game, rarely devs add your work into core game if it is coop related.

Here is a drifting subaru in pr if someone wanted to laugh a little.
screen092.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, =VG= Vanillapop said:

Um can we have that Subaru for the next capture the VIP event?

Depends on where the model came from. Also, you need permissions from the original author. DL'ing stuff from Moddb and copy/pasting  it into PR could cause trouble if you share that to the open. For a private mod it would be ok.

• 1 month later...

Nein, listen :

before you start modelling and spending many time in your project, gather some information how refractor handles vehicles and damage.

You have 2 different type of damagesources. Direct Hit Damage and Explosion damage.

To calculate explosion damage (splashdamage/Radialdamage) for vehicles, refractor engine use the default material of the vehicle and not front-,rear or sidearmor materials.

When calculating Direct Impact damage, Refractor use the Front-, side-, or rear armor material against the damaging material.

If your model has everywhere the same material, it wouldn't matter if your TOW missile hits front or rear or sidearmor. Always same damage.

excample 3d.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

I mean it's great that you mentioned it, since nobody said a single word when i asked for tips on pr forums,

Exactly that's the reason why i'm posting here. 

But first another important thing:

You shouldn't call them lazy next time :acute:

I dont know you really but i appreciate your Adak work but you should listen a bit much more to advices. Its not that someone want to belittle you, its only about preparing you a bit better before you get a dissapointing result because of model design and lack of background knowledge. Its your personal freetime so why i should watching you how you waste your time. 

I'm not really a genius for 3D modelling so you should really read some tutorials from Rhino. He knows how to model stuff, knowing the dimensions of statics and tris count and optimation etc.  If something isn't clear, shot him a pm or make a forumpost.

About your modell.

Why stryker?

Why not something that is really missing like a Dingo for the german faction? That's the only one faction that doesnt have an armed jeep. 

1 minute ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Exactly that's the reason why i'm posting here. 

But first another important thing:

You shouldn't call them lazy next time :acute:

I dont know you really but i appreciate your Adak work but you should listen a bit much more to advices. Its not that someone want to belittle you, its only about preparing you a bit better before you get a dissapointing result because of model design and lack of background knowledge. Its your personal freetime so why i should watching you how you waste your time. 

I'm not really a genius for 3D modelling so you should really read some tutorials from Rhino. He knows how to model stuff, knowing the dimensions of statics and tris count and optimation etc.  If something isn't clear, shot him a pm or make a forumpost.

About your modell.

Why stryker?

Why not something that is really missing like a Dingo for the german faction? That's the only one faction that doesnt have an armed jeep. 

Hey i've listened to so many advices from melon that it's not even funny anymore. But hey i might get two of my layers into the game which is neat. But i mean these fixes that i posted has been already on the server by melon once but only done server side and after the update obviously they will be gone again which they are, and the worst thing is that these fixes literally is just a one line in a notepad you don't even need a pr editor for that and that one line makes the whole map unplayable. ONE LINE.

And about the stryker? i don't know man, there is something so neat about the stryker with the 105mm cannon on top it.

15 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

You talking about carrentan No human spawnpoints? or something different? And about serverside fixes. Who told you that? Or is it because you cant see the changes in the CHANGELOG?

Carentan no spawn points, Bamyan alt bleeding tickets. Melon is able to do server side fixes that hold only for one update, he can change tickets etc. He also did it for me.

The only thing i am saying that i have made fixes for maps, if you want them take them if you don't want them then it's your own minus. It took me 10 seconds anyways.
I haven't said a single thing about not being able to spawn on 64 std what are you on about ?

8 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Mööööp, 

Missing info about not be able to spawn on STD 64

So the Devs wasn't aware about this?

Alright to get this shit together, Melon is capable of doing server side fixes for maps that is what i meant, i asked him to do a slight change to my adak layer to change the tickets from 890 to 1000 for bots, since the map was working perfectly fine and i really did not wanted to wait another update.

He way back in the day also did all the fixes and more way back in time that i mention in the post on pr forums, he fixed bunch of those maps there was a post somewhere flying around but i cannot find it, he did those fixes way back before i even mentioned them, the reason why i brought these fixes back is that i just cannot get my head around it why it was only a server side fix and not core game fix.

So i gathered some of the broken maps or those that just needs some little attention and need a small change and made a post about it with the changed files. The only maps that i was talking about being uplayble and literally require one line to be changed is carentan alt (alright for the carentan 4 spawns for main 4 lines alright) and bamyan alt both 32 layer.

Carentant alt was fixed luckly, only thing that was needed was to disable the aionly line for spawnpoints inside friendly main. Though bamyan alt needs the enemy main to be changed from this ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam1 99999 to this ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam2 99999 so there is literally making one number in a notepad the whole map unplayble, obviously it loads and the map ends in couple of seconds but if you call that playable then sure. I know we are here shooting freaking bots, but the are people out there the server is constantly 20+ people, might aswell just do it, because nobody else will.

What if we just get a private server for PR where we will keep all fixed maps and modded maps on website and people will be able to download them and play on the private server.

3 hours ago, LangMaster said:

What if we just get a private server for PR where we will keep all fixed maps and modded maps on website and people will be able to download them and play on the private server.

Fragmentation of a already small community. PR did release official mappacks, but those where scrapped due to servers not running them due to players not downloading them, due to servers not running them, due to players not downloading them, due to servers not running them, due to players[...]

• Like 1