Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

CUP, RHS or add OPFOR?

=VG= .Blizzard.

CUP, RHS or add OPFOR?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. CUP, RHS or add OPFOR ? Which one is better?

• CUP iz za best!
    • RHS iz UBER COOL!
    • Add Project OPFOR?

Let me know because I am thinking of adding cup instead of RHS or add project OPFOR. 

RHS - better models, usable stuff inside vehicles (inside map display, duke system, etc..) cool gun models. Downside BIG SIZE ( around 13 GB).

CUP - a lot of models, more than RHS (includes BAF, Talibans, models from arma 2, etc...).  Downside not really good models, you still need to download 3 mods (around 5 GB in total for UNITS, WEAPONS, VEHICLES). 

Project Opfor - works only if RHS is used! Good models, adds new factions and vehicles. Downside 1,706.929 MB big.

• Upvote 1

I've thought about this since our quick conversation and think that we should stick with what we've done with RHS. We've barely had 2 events and now you want to change the mods again.

You guys want people to play ARMA 3 and then screw us around by changing the mods we need to download/install/drop.

What happened to m8's survey on mods? Was there an outcome or does this poll super-cede that?

CUP and RHS don't mix well with each other. In my understanding RHS uses a custom damage model for vehicles as well as different ammunition damage.

That means in combat you either need more or less rounds to skill stuff. On top of that lots of assets are redundant by being listed twice in the arsenal, which makes getting ready for combat more complicated and longer.

In regards to pr opfor - since it's a addon to RHS it should play ok combined with RHS. Although, I couldn't find any information as of what it actually adds. It says 100+ vehicles but the promo screenshots only show reskins and soldier fashion... 🤔It just inflates the arsenal imho.

Edit:

Here are some threads discussing damage parity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/jpdtu7/whats_the_current_comparison_between_rhs_and_cup/

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/jcyvca/rhs_vs_cup/

17 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

You guys want people to play ARMA 3 and then screw us around by changing the mods we need to download/install/drop.

All players have to do is join the server via launcher. Everything will be downloaded on its own. No manual fiddling needed, if TFAR is already set up. It's by far the easiest and most user friendly automatic mod distribution system in the world. Download speeds might be an issue, but in a world with 60+ GB games it is not a lot to ask for a 6GB download especially if the content is free.

However, if the mod is being added for the sake of being added then it's a waste on everyones hard drive. What can X do better that we cannot do with Y? Right now I don't see a lot of reasons.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, =VG= keed said:

CUP and RHS don't mix well with each other.

Ahhh. I meant delete RHS and add CUP!

On 4/12/2021 at 11:18 AM, =VG= .Blizzard. said:

Let me know because I am thinking of adding cup instead of RHS or add project OPFOR. 

PROJECT OPFOR: It adds exactly what RHS should have had in the first place! More factions (actual good looking Talibans, expanded UN, Iraqi army, etc ...), land rovers, t-55, t-34, Nissan technical, clothing and reskins for vehicles.

I proposed Project Opfor as it is not really that big in size and it will help me fix the issues with the OPFOR version of ACE INSURGENCY. And please, I beg you, don`t make me repeat the reason why it is "broken" ( I`ve had a lot of time spent lately in the editor and I really, really need a break).

I know how to fix even without the need of any other mod but it will consume too much of my time and it is counter productive --> 10h spent editing and testing only to have 2-3 players join mid week...  This is also why I would rather do AAS OPFOR than Insurgency as it doesn`t require me to add other factions than (ruski, vanilla east, serbians, UN, rebels, new factions created by me with the help of the ARSENAL) and the enemy side will usually be (US,UN, vanilla west or indep,

Skipping the talk about Project Opfor, I proposed to add CUP instead of RHS as it adds the same stuff RHS has combined with Project Opfor but has a smaller size. 

The point of this vote is not to change the mods now!!!!

(I should have said this first :p)

It is only to make people understand that this server has a limited space and I will not be changing anything now, but I am open to change something in the future. I am pissed that some people (unknown) type while I am ingame and ask me if we will add 3CB or Bundeswehr, remove RHS because CUP is better... NO I WILL NOT ADD ANY OF THOSE!!!! (I am still confused a bit about CUP, because of the small size :)))   ) .

• Upvote 1

• ZULU

GMT - UTC - PRT  

• Your Local Date and Time

(Your Local Date/Time)

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy