Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Need Help After Update My Screen - Project Reality

|*|>>RESCUE<<|*|

2 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Did you mean to attach a screenshot but forgot?  

"my screen has become this" -- figured you meant to share a screenshot of what you mean...

or his screen is just black...^^

1 hour ago, |*|&gt;&gt;RESCUE&lt;&lt;|*| said:

after the upgrade my screen has become this. If anyone knows a solution please help.Drive tank,apc or cas gunner rigt and left side black in tunnel vision.

i haven't had the problem myself but as far as i know you have to look to the ground and press c (or vice versa) to fix it.

• Thanks 2

i'm just gonna take wild guess (although i'm a bit confused as to what the problem actually is):
-turn off > turn on / reset / reinstall
-update VGA driver
-make sure the screen resolution in PR Launcher match the proportion of your physical screen (weird graphical glitches has happened to me before because of this, such as missing ground textures, wrong LOD display, etc.)
-try windowed vs full screen mode, see if there's any difference
-try disconnecting your extra monitors (if there's any)
-try to turn off any reshade / post.pro effects (if there's any)
-if in ground assets, make sure it's not the commander view (the aspect ratio is not stretched anymore, so now it aligns with the center of the screen and leaves black space to the sides of the screen, and it's normal)

-last but not least, make sure it's not '3AM and you're high on something' black screen kind of thing, and i'm pretty sure actual screenshot might help 😛

that's all i can think of, goodluck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, |*|>>RESCUE<<|*| said:

prbf2 2021-04-07 18-24-08-87.jpg

Yeah, like the others have said, this is correct and accurate.  As intended.

That is the view from the MFD (multi-function display) in a forward looking camera mode, and in this new square form is true and accurate to similar devices in real world vehicles.  They do have wider versions, you'll see them in Blackhawks, in fact this is not the proper 20 OSB MFD which is most common (TM Cougar MFDs) but rather has 24 OSB's likely to make it wide enough for gameplay or modeled similar to a real life component.

Either way, it's here to stay - this is the new view from inside many of these heavy assets which makes coordination, communication, and cooperation that much more important for heavy vehicle operators.  Maintain situational awareness, don't get tunnel visioned and try to coordinate watching separate sectors as Driver, Gunner, and/or Commander to further enhance the SA of the tank crew overall.