Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Introductions

=VG= SemlerPDX

Welcome!  If you're new to the VG Air Force, post up here to say hello and let us know a little bit about yourself like what jets you like to fly, and types of missions you enjoy here at the VG BMS Server.  We don't immediately toss the Enlisted ribbon on someone we don't know (yet) just joining the VG Air Force, so first please reply and say hi!

You don't need to write an essay - it's just good to get to know who flys what, and which missions we enjoy most in BMS.

:hi: 

Just a reminder to new VG Air Force members - we typically assume most members fly on our BMS Server already, but if we all don't know you from BMS as a long time regular, please post up to say Hello and let us know what you like to fly!  We just started this new membership path, and it seems the best route so that we don't accidentally award Enlisted group/ribbon to a semi-automatic bot preparing to fire off spam rounds in the club forums. ;)

We are glad to have you all - a simple reply from standard website members including what you like to play here will be rewarded with the entry level Enlisted website group!

ZBRmOas.png

• 5 months later...

Ok let me start this thread off. For those who don't know I'm Kavelenko or people just call me "KAV". I've been flying Falcon 4.0 BMS since roughly October 2016 or thereabouts. I spend most of my gaming time either playing Project Reality or flying BMS. These two games couldn't be so far apart from each other, PR is pretty easy to play but requires good team work whereas BMS is a whole different ball game. I'm pretty much self taught, although credit has to go to @=VG= SemlerPDX who helped me to get started with his tutorials, helpful tips, and training flights.

I started out following the Training Engagements in the BMS manual, watching YouTube videos, and just plain crashing and screwing up big-time. This flight sim is not for everyone and I've noticed that the fall out rate is high due to the steep learning curve needed to get anywhere. I enjoy mainly air to ground missions but also don't mind the odd dog fight with a stray MiG-29.

The Jets I fly are the F-16 and the AV-8B Harrier but these days I concentrate more on the F-16.

Cheers =VG= Kavelenko

• Thanks 2

• =VG= SemlerPDX pinned and featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Can we develop a squadron patch for Veterans-Gaming?

Sure - I was never sure if we'd have people belonging to more than one squadron here, like if squadrons were dedicated to a specific aircraft or type of target, or if just one VG Squadron was the idea - anything is cool

I'd not be able to design anything for awhile, it's not easy to use the PC right now, but if anyone wants to submit some for review so we can all decide, that would be great.

We can even get them in-game if we all get a copy of the squadron texture file, and use that aircraft in the sim (graphics are local, but if we all share them, we'd all see each other in them).

:hi: great idea!

• Upvote 4

Understand that you're busy but I was thinking we could develop one for VG pilots who wish to use an "Official" VG patch in their log books, someone could also develop variations on that patch for AV-8Bs, F-16's, FA-18, squadrons etc. They could even extend to tail art and squadron logos on skins at some point down the track.

• Upvote 4

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, PutinVla said:

Hello everyone, I've been playing PR for a while, I love flying planes, I hope to learn from everyone's experience.

Welcome!  Thanks for posting up an intro!  If PR is what you play, and not flight simulators like Falcon BMS, the VG Army is the club for you!  See you around 🍻 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Introduction,

Hello Virtual Pilots,  I have read the posts above, and am very happy to have found this website and have met quite a few top notch pilots/trainers etc.   I rein from the USMC (0311-Infantry) & Law Enforcement backgrounds.  I have been gaming since around 1995, got into Janes F15 then Falcon 4.0 in 1998-99.  Flew by the seat of my pants, then met a Pilot names Renegade (416th Ghostriders VFS), we flew and flew and got pretty accomplished, met another accomplished Pilot (Netraider) and the rest was history.   Falcon 4.0, again all the patches (1.08 lol).  

We kept the squadron intact, steering the unit and developing wings in Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, USA with many, many awesome Virtual Pilots.   We flew alot, and participated in the online Dogfight site, and did quite well.   Then life got in the way, and a career kept me extremely busy and very little time, and no high speed internet living out in the country, flying stopped in 2005.

Finally wanted to set back down and get back into it, and WOW.... reconnected with Netraider and started researching Falcon 4.0, and well learned about BMS and what had Falcon 4.0 turned into,  amazing simply amazing what this SIM and what these very talented batch of developers have done to this beautiful simulation.  Found Veterans Gaming, and since I was a veteran, thought id see what this organization was,   and how impressed I am. 

Was having some issues with my HOTAS (potentiometer)  and well it got fixed, and met a couple of your great VFS Pilots (Kavelenko/Mocum and away we went, I was flying daily, being trained in a "Crash Course" of training, techniques, reading the manual and practice, practice, practice.  I am still learning and meeting other great VFS Pilots here, I think you for allowing me to hang my V-flight jacket here.

The skies the limit and I plan on working hard here.

Semper FI JudgeDredd

• Like 1
  • VG Spirit 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello =VG= Air Force,

I'm Koga from St. Petersburg, FL. USA.

I was in the Air National Guard in my 20s and had the pleasure to work on the F-16s Hydrologic system. Mainly replacing break assemblies. Our pilots at the time were training on the Vipers and well they were not well versed in the art of Aero Breaking. I overheard one of the pilots telling another about Falcon 4.0 coming out soon and that is how I learned about Falcon.

I bought it that same day along with the cheapest joystick I could get (Student Budget)

For a while I only did AA instant action. And some training missions following along on the manual. But progress was slow. Then some one introduced me to the Firebirds VFW and their well developed training silabus. I signed up for their next flight school and learned the fundamentals. Moved on to formation flying then BFM Training. They had a good balance of mission focus and "we are all here to have fun" attitude. I flew with them from 1998 - 2006.

By then I had TrackIR 3 and the Original TM Cougar HOTAS and the plastic TM rudder pedals with no toe brks. Downloaded some plans off the forums and had a play wood "pit" made with some sofa cushions.

Even competed on the Dogfighting Ladder for a few seasons.

My son was born in 2000 and life priorities shifted away from Falcon...

... 2023 My son is grown with his own job freeing up some $$$$ for daddy to get his Sim on.

I built a new gaming PC Hydro Cooled I-9 RTX 4090. And a 43" Dell 4k gaming monitor Slapped a TM Warthog + TPR, TrackIR 5 mounted on a Next Level racing Flights sim. chair and joined VG.

Add a little bit of @=VG= Kavelenko's patience and good cheer. And some of @JudgeDredd 's determination for self improvement and always willing to jump on the pit and train. Mix it all up with a splash of everyone else that joins on TS. And here, I am back in the saddle shaking off the rust and ready willing and able to learn all that BMS 4.37.2 has to offer.

Thank you all for giving and old man (50) a chance to stretch his wings and soar the skies once again.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hello =VG= Air Force

I'm Gravy1 from NSW Australia. I enjoy a variety of flight sims DCS, IL-2 BoX. I started playing BMS single player as I heard it was a "Big War" Dynamic campaign, I reckon that multi player is where its at though so found out about this group through a discord channel.

I like a mix of A/A or A/G mishes. Enjoy the TGP and LGB CCRP runs. Can do a ramp start etc.

I play field hockey on weekends, and enjoy martial arts; reading military history and general history and literature. Love flight sims since I got into them about two three years back.

BTW is there a discord server for VG?

Cheers,

Gravy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. I'm Kevin, aka Kevron (says my friend A-A-Ron). I've been learning the F-16 and it's apparent that it'll take a while to know what I don't know. Been enjoying the server and probably making the good guys lose a little faster. See y'all on the Discord. I'm in voice when I'm in game, come in and chat. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. I need the help. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Welcome!  If you're new to the VG Air Force, post up here to say hello and let us know a little bit about yourself like what jets you like to fly, and types of missions you enjoy here at the VG BMS Server.  We don't immediately toss the Enlisted ribbon on someone we don't know (yet) just joining the VG Air Force, so first please reply and say hi!

You don't need to write an essay - it's just good to get to know who flys what, and which missions we enjoy most in BMS.

:hi: 

Just a reminder to new VG Air Force members - we typically assume most members fly on our BMS Server already, but if we all don't know you from BMS as a long time regular, please post up to say Hello and let us know what you like to fly!  We just started this new membership path, and it seems the best route so that we don't accidentally award Enlisted group/ribbon to a semi-automatic bot preparing to fire off spam rounds in the club forums. ;)

We are glad to have you all - a simple reply from standard website members including what you like to play here will be rewarded with the entry level Enlisted website group!

ZBRmOas.png

Hi all! So ecxited to be a part of such a welcoming community, I'm Connor and I've been playing Falcon BMS on and off now for approximately 4 years but I've not touched the multiplayer side since I got my new HOTAS for Christmas; I like to think I'm a capable fighter in the F-16 but I'm really lacking skill in comms and multiplayer tactics. I can't wait to fly more with you awesome people! See you in the skies, Lambda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy