Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Insurgency S.O.A.R. Arma 3

=VG= ciro

(RAEL) Insurgency Arma 3

Codename:  RAEL Insurgency
Filename: VG_ins_SOAR3

VETERANS-GAMING | Insurgency S.O.A.R. | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM
IP:5.9.23.136:2502
Players:0/32

About:

Insurgency S.O.A.R. Arma 3 is a remake of the pioneering ARMA 2 Insurgency mission that itself was a - Co-op based multi staged operation where allied forces are sent into theatre to seek out and discover Intel pertaining to enemy weapon caches with the objective of destroying said caches.
With the assistance of a designated pilot and the ability for Squad leaders and team leaders to call air transport this dynamic - environment determined mission has been known to consume hours of RL! Please take care whilst playing this mission many devoices have occurred due to ARMA wife. Real ARMA Insurgency is back! Enjoy...

Features:

COOP 32 Player slots, with selectable mission parameters
    IED's placed by enemy, Random EI patrols
    Moveable MHQ
    Self determined load out
    Para-Drop to AO or OA
    S.O.A.R. Transport for TL and SL
    S.O.A.R. CAS for Designated Pilot
    Vehicle Rearm at MHQ
    In theatre vehicle repair
    Self determined view/graphics distance settings
    Join in Progress
    Support for RHS and CUP mods and Islands
    Support ACE & ACRE & TFAR

Mission Requirements:

None - Vanilla....
(RHS& CUP pre-allowed in script)
RHS mod set: http://www.rhsmods.org/
CUP mod set: https://www.cup-arma3.org/

20210304013141_1.jpg20210304013231_1.jpg

• VG Spirit 3
  • VG Seal of Approval 2
  • Upvote 3

I remember my first ArmA2 Insurgency session. Epic fail.

Mission Briefing:

All squadmembers siiting together and listening to Poffadders mission briefing. I was the machinegunner.

I alt-tabbed to =VG= forum page and suddenly EVERYONE yelling at me what the fuck i doing and me shocked " Making forumpost"

Poffadder asked me what i do and i said again making forum post" and Poffadder "aaaahhh you ALt-Tabbed, he doesnt know.

Old Arma 2 bug, when you not lowered the weapon and you alt-tabbed, you shooting the whole belt empty without knowing it.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Changes log...

No UAV except for UAV opperator (prevent UAV cheat of scanning AO for cache).

Small fix to MHQ deployment, should deploy on elevated/sloped terrrain.

Vehicle rearm only at MHQ, engineer no loger able to re-arm in field.

To fix:

S.O.A.R exfil's  towards AO...

Random Vehicle patrols empty after an hour or so ...

Fix sound not found for parra drop...

Fix notifications for MHQ deployment time...

If anyone would like to contribute the files are un-binarised.

• Upvote 5

On 3/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, =VG= ciro said:

No UAV except for UAV opperator (prevent UAV cheat of scanning AO for cache).

Hm .. really? look to all houses through the windows? 🤣
The drone terminal is also used to operate the remote designator, AL-6 Pelican (medical), ED-1 (backpack) or Mk30A - automatic sentry gun (backpack).

Observations and suggestions:
- HQ should not be a combat vehicle. Players drive the AMV-7 Marshall to sectors and capture them.
- Scoring table - A jump from the MHQ is minus 1 point in the light vehicle class (sometimes).
- Little Bird should have a respawn delay. The players don't rearm it, they just crash.
- Vehicle rearming, near MHQ not very intuitive. There was a designated place in Arma2.

obraz4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice work. 👍 I've been having an issue with joining the server. I am getting an error when initializing the player.  The little video/quote at mission join will show an error under certain circumstances. This causes a black screen and you can no longer access the ui except for the main menu. Respawning does not work and the only option is to quit the server. Changing servers and missions have not solved the issue. Only a fresh start of the game client works so far.

This occurs if:

1.) I join after playing a different mission elsewhere.

2.) I rejoin after playing this mission for some period of time.

This does not occur if:

1.)  I join after a game client restart.

It is possible that I am having an issue with my system but just in case I'm not the only one. I recommend removing the intro until it can be sorted.

20210325195928_1.jpg

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Players are jacking the MHQ and moving the spawn point when they should not?  My very first proper script for Arma (2) was for this exact thing.  I added some stiff restrictions for being able to move it.  Might need to do something like that for the MHQ in this mission...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 6:26 PM, =VG= ciro said:

Fixed IED's (now turned on).

What?! No trolling the players! :tatice_03:

Seriously though, if you don't mind my constructive criticism, random IED's in video games are often invisible or damn near and can be detrimental to playability if not used with caution by the game designer - unless you want players to drive at 5MPH everywhere.  A2 INS SOAR never had them.  There is a reason MRAP's exist and realistically one might assume that whatever army BLUFOR is part of would send stealth helicopters to an MHQ would also provide IED survivable MRAP-style vehicles when IED's are a known threat in an AO.

6 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

What?! No trolling the players! :tatice_03:

Seriously though, if you don't mind my constructive criticism, random IED's in video games are often invisible or damn near and can be detrimental to playability if not used with caution by the game designer - unless you want players to drive at 5MPH everywhere.  A2 INS SOAR never had them.  There is a reason MRAP's exist and realistically one might assume that whatever army BLUFOR is part of would send stealth helicopters to an MHQ would also provide IED survivable MRAP-style vehicles when IED's are a known threat in an AO.

The IEDs in arma are actual place able explosives and are not invisible unless scripted that way, as well as only having a handful of variations, to the point that after a week of playing you can spot them a mile away. On top of that, the DUKES on the MRAPs and hummvees do work and the MRAPS do survive IEDs depending on the size. You can also use mine sweepers that will mark IEDs as mines and the Unmanned drone from the contact DLC will detect IEDs that you can then deal with from the drone.

RHS I believe is the mod that has the DUKE mounted vehicles however.

3 hours ago, Zadra said:

Can you set the "Service Vehicle 2" script to Service depot?

Well no... you cannot apply actions and remove them correctly from simpleobjects:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addAction

So i added it that way, simple fix is to remove the turret and gunner seat for now.

I sort of thought that if you were moving the MHQ that it would be a valuable asset! keep it back and utilise the rearm repair for other vehicles  it should now be removed I could not replicate this and get it to show "service" while moving, was the MHQ undeployed when you joined?  or do you know if the MHQ was destroyed and respawned, not got time this week to check. so Friday soonest.

IED's are from request but to settle nerves you can see them, some are duds! (will set param so Admin can see them!)

Also added a drag and revive mechinism will update server with that file asap...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...